Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game OFF

Ryan.c

The Farnborough manager had a moan so the ref called it off

What an idiot - now his Team will have to travel up on a Tuesday night.

It was fit to play last Tuesday and there has been very little rain since then. Surely the referee has a responsibility to the Fans and not some precious away manager

Very disappointed the match was called off today. The management team at Farnborough were determined to get the game off and if they say anything else they are fibbing.

There's no getting away from it that it was very heavy in places but there was zero standing water.

Unfortunately we now live in the BSBS world where it seems Bertie Big Bollocks is absolutely

rampant.

Never mind, onwards and upwards to the next game. COYB!

I can't believe the pitch was any worse than Tuesday, when we played Chelmo, unless anyone who saw it is able to say different.

Which means this was an appalling decision underlining the inconsistency of match officials and the continued disregard for the paying public that is all too frequently displayed by the custodians of the non league game.

This is the 21st century ffs; if you treat your potential market like sh!t they'll find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Idiots.

How can it be 'not even close' to being playable when we haven't had any rain since the last time the pitch was played on.

That's embarrassing from Farnborough wanting compensation.

If they are serious about claiming compensation, I hope we refer the FA to the match official for the Chelmo game. Surely it cannot have deteriorated since then with hardly any rain? No reason then for an early inspection.

Looking across the Ryman Leagues, very few games postponed today and none at all in Division One South.

If you consider the lack of physical presence of their players while they were waiting, fairly obvious if we went "ugly" and long we would have had the advantage.

The teams officials took one look at the pitch and bleated immediately to the heavens. Tonbridge Angels clones!!!

They will have to come here on a Tuesday night, probably soon... The pitch would've improved but would still be heavy... So collectively they have possibly stitched themselves up more... We'll have out tails up...

That Spancer Day wants compensation just shows how low Farnborough have come financially... Compensation is mentioned so quickly in an interview as a threat shows that he and the club he represents is contemptible in my opinion. I look forward to the dug out / cow shed banter on his return.

Listening to the interviewer & Mrs Day they seem to have prompted each other at the beginning of the piece with regards compensation. He come's across as a bit of a girls blouse.

The cardboard cut outs got to play on the same pitch without some lights and all was deemed okay. what is the difference? other than it being dried out more that is….

I can only assume that their pitch must resemble Wembley Stadium…. Urghhhh

What a poor interview from the BBC guy. He turns some of Craigs comments around purposely to get a reaction from the Farnborough Manager. Cheap and biased journalism. Would have expected something better from a BBC journalist.

9 times out of 10 any referee would have told both teams to get on with it, but I suppose it's a sign of the times of the days we live in where people wants to see premiership pitches at grass roots football and referees need to cover their arse.

Can't wait for Farnborough to come down to us on a Tuesday night. Jumped up big time Charlie's.