Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mansfield V Liverpool FA Cup

You may be right there, Rhodes.

Mansfield have hit form just at the right time, and with Wrexham losing to Hyde they look like they will finish strongly.

Not counting any chickens just yet though, and I think there'll be a few twists and turns before the final whistle goes on the last day of the Conference Premier season.

A 2-1 defeat for the Stags last night then at Wrexham:

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?MatchId=3613864

Newport look good for a play-off place, whilst Kidderminster are finishing strongly as well.

Still think it's two from the top five to go up. FGR have left it too late.

I think if Mansfield win today at Barrow they are home and hosed

A 4-0 win at Barrow on Saturday followed by a 3-1 win tonight at home to Macclesfield, I wonder how Carolyn Radford will celebrate winning the Championship at Braintree on Saturday

It's either Mansfield or Kidderminster for the title.

Still got a feeling that Wrexham will be up at the end of the season. I wonder what odds you can get on an all Welsh play-off final (Wrexham v Newport County).

Newport County going up would be fantastic, after what they have been through following the disastrous ownership of Jerry Sherman (who looked like Mark King of Level 42s double!). This documentary by BBC Wales in 1989 will explain the whole nasty story about this Walter Mitty type owner who killed the old Newport County: http://news.bbc.co.u...onf/8562788.stm. The interviewer, Bob Humphrys, is the brother of John Humphrys and sadly passed away some time ago.

The chap at 1 minute 10 seconds in is my late Uncle who gave a lot of his time towards helping Newport County out in the 1960s-1980s. He hated Jerry Sherman for what he had done, and losing his club hurt him badly (he died in 1994, five years after the documentary aired).

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton

I'm hoping to get to Braintree on Saturday to watch Mansfield win the Championship, I assume Carolyn Radford is going to be there!

It's between Mansfield and Kidderminster for the top spot now, although Mansfield have a game in hand on Kidderminster and are two points better off.

Newport have a slight chance of finishing top, but would have to rely on Mansfield and Kidderminster losing their remaining games.

Wrexham and Grimsby will have to settle for the play-offs.

It's between Mansfield and Kidderminster for the top spot now

Yes, Saturday will be interesting but Mansfield are very much in the driving seat

Mansfield Town are up, so congratulations to them! :)

Some great pictures of Mansfield's win yesterday including some of Carolyn Radford celebrating the Club's long overdue return to the Football League:

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-fc/slideshow-saturday-20th-april-mansfield-town-1-wrexham-0-1-5601407

Details of the Conference Premier Play-Offs:

Tuesday 23rd April:

Wrexham v Kidderminster Harriers (7.45 pm)

Wednesday 24th April:

Grimsby Town v Newport County (7.45 pm)

Sunday 28th April:

Kidderminster Harriers v Wrexham (1.30 pm)

Newport County v Grimsby Town (4.30 pm)

All matches are being shown on Premier Sports.

Put £20 on it being an all Welsh play-off final.

Advantage Wales after Wrexham's 2-1 win over Kidderminster and Newport's late 1-0 win tonight at Grimsby :)

I wonder how Carolyn Radford celebrated Mansfield’s Championship and promotion back to the promised land last Saturday night

How was it for you then Clifford?

You mean Mansfield winning the Conference last Saturday, well they made hard work of it in the end didn't they but I don't think there was ever a doubt they would do it

Here are some details folks of Mansfield's open top bus parade this afternoon (Sunday) starting from Field Mill at 2.45, depending on the weather I wonder what Carolyn Radford will be wearing. It has also been announced that the Club will entertain illustrious neighbours Nottingham Forest on Saturday 13 July in a pre-season friendly which will guarantee a full house:

http://www.mansfield103.co.uk/sport/story/?n=2369