Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mansfield V Liverpool FA Cup

How was what for me.

Here's a Youtube clip folks of Mansfield receiving the Blue Square Bet Conference Championship trophy last Saturday and some amusing interviews:

A couple of pictures of the bus tour yesterday with the streets lined with adoring Stags fans, Royal wedding style:

http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=7053

Quids in after betting on an all Welsh play-off final :)

Wrexham v Newport County for a place in League 2 next season.

A couple of pictures of the bus tour yesterday with the streets lined with adoring Stags fans, Royal wedding style:

http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=7053

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/218766-champions-open-top-bus-parade/

Royal Wedding Style? Hmmm....

I couldn't spot Carolyn on the bus, where was she

The Mayor of Simpleton - I think those pictures in the link you posted were very misleading and were possibly posted by a bitter and twisted Chesterfield fan to make it look like there were few people on the bus route, if you look at the ones where the bus is leaving Field Mill it's like William and Kate's wedding and Princess Diana's funeral all rolled into one.

Why would that be then Rhodes?

From reading a few comments by Mansfield fans on that site, it looks as if many of them agree that the celebrations were badly organised and that most people in Mansfield weren't at all bothered.

I went to Mansfield many years ago, when they were last in League 2, and most people there even then weren't concerned with their town's team - they cared more about Derby and Man United.

The new Mansfield Town owners have done very well, however, and deserve their success.  

The new Mansfield Town owners have done very well, however, and deserve their success.  

Yes, Carolyn Radford has been a breath of fresh air hasn't she, she will be welcomed with open arms in boardrooms up and down the Country next season won't she

I'm sure that she will, and I wish Mansfield the best for next season.  I think they'll do well to finish 18th or above, as looking at their squad they will need to get reinforcements in.

Matt Green (ex Newport County lad) is going to need to be pivotal for them next season, and they will need to replace defender John Thompson who has had to retire from the game early.

Speaking of Newport, I hope they can join Mansfield in the Football League next season when they play Wrexham tomorrow at Wembley.  It will be a great game (think S4C are showing it, and there should be English commentary for those who don't speak yakki-dda) and whichever side goes up will be due their success.

Wrexham and Newport both have a history of dodgy owners (Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Rob Bickerton and very nearly Stephen Vaughan with Wrexham and Newport having the dubious Jerry Sherman as the chairman who killed them off in 1989) and both teams have had to work incredibly hard to fight for success.  

Wrexham are now fan owned, whilst good people like Chris Blight and David Hando (who should both have been knighted years ago for all the hard work they've done for Newport) have worked miracles in taking Newport from playing in exile in Moreton-in-the-Marsh and at Gloucester's Meadow Park (due to FAW idiots like Alun Evans banning them from playing in Wales because they refused to play in the League of Wales) to returning home and playing at Newport's Athletic Stadium after beating the FAW rulings in court.

Even if Newport lose tomorrow, I am confident that within three to five years they will be in the Football League.  It is not if but when with Newport (so long as history does not repeat itself!)

I'm hoping that Newport do it today, Wrexham pulled a fast one when getting the Mansfield game called off at the Racecourse just before the FA Trophy Final and then beat the Stags in the re-arranged game a week or two later.

Wrexham 0-2 Newport County

Absolutely brilliant for Newport County - they are back in the Football League next season after 25 hard and painful years.

My Great Uncle, Grandfather and their friends will be cheering up in heaven tonight :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder what sort of reaction Carolyn is going to get in the League 2 Boardrooms up and down the Country next season, at places such as Morecambe, Southend, Fleetwood and Rochdale, and how her husband might react to oposing Chairmen and Directors flirting with her!

I'm sure that she'll be made very welcome indeed.

Bradford left League 2 today - a great 3-0 win at Wembley over Northampton sees them go up as play-off champions.

A word of congratulations for Newport's chairman - three years ago, he was an unemployed lorry driver.  After winning the Lottery, he is bankrolling Newport County and deserves his success.  I still think, long term, that Newport will need a bigger stadium than Rodney Parade. However, it's a good ground and within walking distance of the City Centre for visiting fans - a world away from the soul-less arenas built out of town.

I'm sure that she'll be made very welcome indeed.

That has to be the biggest under statement of all time

Here's a real treat for you folks, a lengthy local tv interview with the Carolyn Radford and her husband, enjoy:

http://24hrstv.co.uk/2160-john-and-carolyn-radford-interview

So where do you think Mansfield will finish next season, Rhodes?

I think they'll do well to finish 18th.

Newport, I think, will finish about 15th.

The Mayor of Simpleton - That's a silly question, I think Mansfield Town are a Club going places under John and Carlolyn Radford, as long as they remain together, and I can see them winning the Championship, or certainly gaining promotion, comfortably

The Mayor of Simpleton - That's a silly question, I think Mansfield Town are a Club going places under John and Carlolyn Radford, as long as they remain together, and I can see them winning the Championship, or certainly gaining promotion, comfortably

Can I quote you on that, at the end of next season?

Championship Football?

Well anything Yeovil can do, although it would be an almighty ask.