Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mansfield V Liverpool FA Cup

Lets get ready to rumble folks, only ten minutes to kick off at Glanford Park for Mansfield's first game of the new 2013/2014 campaign, presumably Carolyn Radford will be in attendance

See you've made another poor call Rhodesy, based on a woman flashing her knickers rather than any realistic assessment about the football team! And this has nothing to do with the title of the thread that you've resurrected - start a new one!

FT

Scunny 2-0 Obscure Coal Mining Village ;)

Delighted though for Newport County - top of League 2 after a great 4-1 win over Accrington.

FT

Scunny 2-0 Obscure Coal Mining Village ;)

Delighted though for Newport County - top of League 2 after a great 4-1 win over Accrington.

Not sure that Newport will find many teams as obliging as Accrington.

A fair point, Horace, and TBH I think Newport will just be happy to stay in League 2.

That said, they have a good squad and a good manager (even if he is ex-Spurs!)  They certainly won't finish below 20th, and if they can sneak the play-offs then that would be amazing.

Still a very long way to go though.

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton

Some action from last nights narrow defeat at Prenton Park in the Capital One Cup in what was always going to be a tough draw for Carolyn Radford's Stags:

The following sums up the Stags start to the new campaign doesn't it and you have to feel sorry for Exeter City who are likely to be on the receiving end of a backlash tomorrow at Field Mill:

Manager Paul Cox has urged his side to get back to winning ways in our first home game of the season as we face Exeter City this weekend.  

Cox praised our magnificent support from the opening two games of the new season at Scunthorpe and Tranmere Rovers and has asked his players to repay the Mansfield faithful. 

“First and foremost, there should be a big thank you to our supporters because our fans against Scunthorpe and again at Tranmere were amazing,” commended Cox.  

“It was very humbling especially when we lost both games. The Scunthorpe game, to hear them sing like they did late on was brilliant and a real positive. 

“The boys have worked hard and things haven’t gone quite our way but the support on both games has been excellent and if we can get that again on Saturday that will be brilliant.  

“But we have got to start doing our bit now and get back to winning football matches - it is as simple as that. 

“We are not used to losing at this football club in the last two years and we want to get back to the standards where we are known as a winning side.” 

Heading into Saturday’s home game against Exeter, Cox has demanded our side cut out mistakes which have cost us dearly in recent back-to-back defeats.  

Cox said: “If we rectify them and nip them in the bud, then we are not a bad side.

“It’s a mind-set once again, I don’t know what it is but we come to this point every season and it’s like we have to have a kick up the backside before we understand and learn what we are about.”

'The following sums up the Stags start to the new campaign doesn't it and you have to feel sorry for Exeter City who are likely to be on the receiving end of a backlash tomorrow at Field Mill:'

They drew 0-0.

I saw the Sky Sports 'Access All Areas' report at Field Mill.  John Radford, has to be said, needs to urgently find a comb and a stylist - he looked liked he'd got up half an hour ago and rushed to the ground.  

As for Mr. Rhodes pin-up, she definitely looks false.  She seemed more interested in eyeing up the male reporter, and just regurgitated hyperbole's about how great Mansfield Town are (yadda yadda, kind of stuff most clubs say - makes good copy if nothing else).

(Carolyn) Still, it's good to have The Stags back in the Football League (and please don't mention the Newport result ;) )

Yes, it sounded like a decent game this afternoon despite the 0-0 scoreline:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3630580&tcmuri=922627

Looks like a certain Mr. Clemmit was at the Mansfield game as well - blimey, next thing Mansfield will be hosting the city of culture (yes, I KNOW it's a town...)

I saw the Sky Sports 'Access All Areas' report at Field Mill.  John Radford, has to be said, needs to urgently find a comb and a stylist - he looked liked he'd got up half an hour ago and rushed to the ground.  

Yes and there was an interesting feature on the Stags on the Football League Show last night with John Radford and Carolyn talking about her pregnancy with the baby due in December, it's a shame they didn't win yesterday but what can you do when the opposition (Exeter) are so negative and come for a draw

I'll agree with you on that one, Rhodes.

From what I saw of Exeter City, they looked negative and I think it'll be a tough season for them.

Looks like a certain Mr. Clemmit was at the Mansfield game as well - blimey, next thing Mansfield will be hosting the city of culture (yes, I KNOW it's a town...)

It's amazing how just one person can succeed in putting a place on the map isn't it

I wonder how the Stags will get on today at Wycome Wanderers, they seem to be struggling to find the net so far this season following Matt Green's untimely move to Birmingham City

A great result for the Stags yesterday at Wycombe Wanderers, they're up and running and Carolyn must be delighted:

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/report-blues-0-1-mansfield-998041.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the Stags are pulling out of first gear now following the win at Wycombe Wanderers last week and the convincing 3-0 win over Dagenham & Redbridge yesterday:

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/daggers-mansfield-1026584.aspx

Yes, a good start for Mansfield Town and also for Newport County.  The two promoted sides are looking good at the moment.

Got to laugh at Cheltenham though - their fans have given Gloucester so much stick of late, and now they are four without a win they can't take it.

Think Mark Yates will be gone by Christmas!

I wish Mansfield the best, and whatever may be said about the odd couple (John and Caroline) they are far better than Keith Haslam, who nearly killed The Stags years ago.

Zippy - Have you seen this entertaining interview of 'the odd couple' as you describe them, I'm sure you will change your view after watching it:

I watched it and to be honest nothing has changed in my mind, Rhodes.

Should say that rather than trekking up to the Cumbrian fells today to watch the Tigers slog it out at Holker Street (possibly the coldest ground in the country), I went to Rodney Parade to watch Newport v Mansfield.

What I will say about Mansfield, from first hand experience, is that they will finish below Newport.  They didn't play too badly but pinging 50 yard long balls will not win them many games in League 2.  Newport at least tried to pass it about on the ground - both goals were scrappy and both sides deserved the sendings off (Minshull for Newport and Rhead for Mansfield).

Did see Carolyn and John up in the Hospitality Box, and not once did she glance over at John during the game.  She seemed more interested in some of the young lads in the adjoining box who were suited and booted on a stag party.  Sitting in the Bisley stand, I had a good line of sight.

:unsure: 

I watched it and to be honest nothing has changed in my mind, Rhodes.

Should say that rather than trekking up to the Cumbrian fells today to watch the Tigers slog it out at Holker Street (possibly the coldest ground in the country), I went to Rodney Parade to watch Newport v Mansfield.

What I will say about Mansfield, from first hand experience, is that they will finish below Newport.  They didn't play too badly but pinging 50 yard long balls will not win them many games in League 2.  Newport at least tried to pass it about on the ground - both goals were scrappy and both sides deserved the sendings off (Minshull for Newport and Rhead for Mansfield).

Did see Carolyn and John up in the Hospitality Box, and not once did she glance over at John during the game.  She seemed more interested in some of the young lads in the adjoining box who were suited and booted on a stag party.  Sitting in the Bisley stand, I had a good line of sight.

Not insinuating anything perchance, Adam ???

:blink:  :ph34r:  :wacko: