Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Zippy - Keeps must have got out of bed the wrong side yesterday or else his lad threw a goal in, Gary Sprake and Alan Rough style, as I note that he posted when he got back home from a game.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lots of talk about how Mansfield may be the giant killers of Liverpool in the press, but there is a lot more to the story than that.   Mansfield may be one of the few non-league teams left but it co

With a big dildo stuffed up her vag I would guess

Had far worse said to me in my time, so I'll let it go.

Doubt his lad would have done any worse than Gloucester's GK today - couldn't catch a cold and were it not for very wayward finishing and poor final balls from Havant, Gloucester would now be out of the FA Cup.  1-1 'a great cup tie' says the main site - no it was a lucky escape and we were bossed by one of the poorest Conference South sides that I have seen for years.

Had far worse said to me in my time

Yes, me too, the trouble with Keeps is that he always has to be right and never bothers to listen to anybody's opinion.

Will you be going to the replay at Havant. 

On Tuesday?  Doubt it, unless I can get a lift down there and back.  Plus I have a works conference on Wednesday in Sheffield.

I'll be wishing them well, as always, but I am concerned that as with previous seasons we rely on one player (we used to rely on Darren Edwards and now we rely on Scott Wilson) to come up with the goods.  Not convinced of our chances this season TBH.

Here's are a couple of match reports of the Chesterfield v Mansfield game at the weekend folks, enjoy:

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?MatchId=3631014

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/

The Stags could well go second in the table this afternoon with a win over struggling Hartlepool at Field Mill

Well, they are in the play-off positions at present.  Very good indeed, but we're only less than a quarter of the way through the League 2 season.

It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their form.  

Well, they are in the play-off positions at present.  Very good indeed, but we're only less than a quarter of the way through the League 2 season.

It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain their form.  

Dagenham & Redbridge could well be the surprise package in league two this season. A well run club, with decent supporters who are punching well above their weight.

Interesting, Alan.  

I wouldn't have picked them as dark horses, at the start of the season, but as you rightly say they are doing well at the moment.

League 2 is still pretty open - five teams on nine points at the moment at the bottom (one of which is Cheltenham Town, who are having a very bad start given that they were one of the pre-season favourites to go up!  They shouldn't have got rid of Daryl Duffy IMHO) and still a lot to play for.

Chesterfield, Oxford United and Fleetwood Town are my three to go up automatically.  I'll be happy if Newport finish in the top 10.

Edited by Zippy

Dagenham & Redbridge could well be the surprise package in league two this season. A well run club, with decent supporters who are punching well above their weight.

Yes, that a good call and Josh Scott will be instrumental in getting them to the play offs as long as he can steer clear of injury

Hearing that both the Mansfield and Newport managers could be in line to take over at Meadow Lane, as Chris Kiwomya is reportedly on the verge of being sacked. However, the favourite to take over at Notts. County is Nigel Clough.

Justin Edinburgh has also been spotted in Cheltenham today... and word is that Mark Yates could soon be gone as well!  

Well into the sack race season, it would seem.  

• 1 month later...

I wonder how the depleted Stags will get on this afternoon at St Albans City in the FA Cup First Round, they are already 1-0 down after ten minutes and a potential shock could be on the cards

A very good win for Mansfield - well done to them.

Gloucester bowed out of the competition today, losing 2-0 to an average-looking Fleetwood Town.

Gloucester bowed out of the competition today, losing 2-0 to an average-looking Fleetwood Town.

Gloucester got a lot of publicity out of the tie didn't they, the FA Cup highlights show was hosted at Whaddon Road last night

Yes indeed, Rhodes, and hopefully now the club has been back in the spotlight we can really push for a new ground in Gloucester.

If somebody can come in with a million, oust the current board, and get us a new stadium or a ground-share at Kingsholm then I'd be delighted.

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny old game isn't it, it could be Liverpool v Mansfield Town part two in the FA Cup 3rd Round if the Stags can beat Oldham Athletic at Field Mill in a Second Round replay after an excellent draw at Boundary Park yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't to be was it folks, Oldham were a bit too strong for the Stags in the replay at Field Mill and travel to Anfield for the lucrative third round tie.

By the way I'm sure we will all want to offer our congratulations to John and Carolyn Radford on the birth of their baby boy yesterday which they have named Hugo.