Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kinnear makes Dover switch

Wellsie

Have faith, there must be people on the phone as we comment, and lets face it the way the games are going at the moment we will have a new man before the next ball is kicked in anger. (hopefully along the ground) As for players leaving, I don't think so not yet anyway unless DS goes.

Edited by DEREK

Correct me if I am wrong but when CK was appointed it was with the belief that the club was moving forward, new ground, new sponsors, not much has happened on that front, no new ground and now no sponsors which must have restricted his plans, the acquisition of Appiah and subsequent sale was CK's making, and the club made a profit last season for that reason only, continued dwindling gates even though the club are/were pushing for promotion must have effected his plans and when a bigger club without the issues that we undoubtedly have came in for him, it was no real surprise when he decided to leave. THe big question for CK is can he achive what Parmenter wants, which is a return to the Conference Prem. If he doesnt I believe he will be quickly disposed of, like before, and return to the wilderness. Wher will we be then ???

Correct me if I am wrong but when CK was appointed it was with the belief that the club was moving forward, new ground, new sponsors, not much has happened on that front, no new ground and now no sponsors which must have restricted his plans, the acquisition of Appiah and subsequent sale was CK's making, and the club made a profit last season for that reason only, continued dwindling gates even though the club are/were pushing for promotion must have effected his plans and when a bigger club without the issues that we undoubtedly have came in for him, it was no real surprise when he decided to leave. THe big question for CK is can he achive what Parmenter wants, which is a return to the Conference Prem. If he doesnt I believe he will be quickly disposed of, like before, and return to the wilderness. Wher will we be then ???

in the wildernes.........................????

Am I to believe that apart from the glaringly obvious Kinnear had given up on his players here at MFC. I think its a disgrace that he deserts the players when they are playing magnificently and getting CK and everyone results. He moulded this side into a good unit with good chances of promotion yet he turns his back on them.

Kinnear said it will take a season or two to get things right and yet in this good spell he decides to join another person at Dover who also has form in spoiling the party here at MFC. Kinnear started the process of building a good team with good team spirit yet he decides to abandon them when that was found.

Kinnear i.m.o deserves praise for the past but dosent deserve any praise for this decision.

Yes, he will have "reasonal" reasons to want to go to Dover and probably has "reasonal" reasons for wanting to leave this club but he should have stayed to finish the job he started.Selfish man thats all I can say and I would not want to see him return here anymore after this episode.Sorry but thats how I feel.

I also think Dover fans are expecing too much from him. They are all beaming with delight but I would be more cautous if I were them. This may well indeed make the situation down at Crabble worse rather than better. Kinnear has now put himself in the same league as Parmenter as far as I am concerned.

There,got it off my chest!!

Now I hope those players we have push on and prove that life without Kinnear wont change their attitude or desire to be successful.

Edited by Cookie

Am I'm the only one who feels, annoyed, disappointed, cheated, let down. Let me understand this someone has defaulted on their contract (Don't care about the past history) decided half way through a season to go to a club who is only 1 league higher, and since 2000 has had what will be now 14 Managers. There has to be more to this surely...

As a humble supporter I feel despite all the support both home and away we've given the manager, he has left a very unpleasant taste in the mouth. I now hope that Cliff will come good with sponsorship/stadium (surely these can't be the reason for moving on), and the team do stick together and perform on the pitch and make promotion this year.

We must have been posting at the same time Mark. I totaly feel let down and disgusted.

Surely you only jump ship if its sinking.We are riding on a crest of a wave. Selfish selfish and selfish.Greed greed greed. Any respect I had for him has now gone I'm sad to say.

Edited by Cookie

So if our new manager quits another club to come here will they also be a traitor to that club, or does it only count when we are the victims? CK learned the hard way a few years ago that there is no loyalty in football. What goes around comes around.

Does'nt make what he has done any easier to swallow IMO, and as they are only Conf South its not a huge jump so maybes the financial incentive was/is the reason for his untimely departure.

I hope it doesn't affect your season too much (or at all) - I'd really like it if we ended up playing each other in the BSS next season.

Welling and Salisbury are easily the best two teams in the Blue Square South, I can't see Dover getting automatic promotion even with a new manager and the playoffs are always a lottery, so it could all backfire on him.

A few of the above postings seem a bit harsh on CK to me.

GT makes valid points imo

As Mr Egan states-at the moment-Margate cannot compete with Dovers resources (maybe we will again in a few years)

In the meantime-surely CK and Jake deserve the opportunity to prove themselves at a higher level-and maybe even conference premier level.

Realistically-time is running out for CK-so i wish him every success .

That given-things have maybe stalled a bit at MFC.

Loads of respect for CK-his slightly more mature years brought stability and discipline to the side it appeared ;although i have a feeling that deep down-despite the public utterances-CK felt that the current side are in a slightly inflated league position,and if the resources to strengthen are'nt there-the current side is not quite good enough to secure a top 5 finish-and with high expectations from many supporters-and possibly the board-anythnig less would look like failure-not in my eyes-as top 8 would be fine this season and good steady progress.

Maybe some fresh ideas called for though-and another manager may freshen things up a bit.

Never expected-or even wanted promotion this season-and we should be safe from relegation with just two clubs going down.

Freah impetus may not be a bad thing for MFC in the medium term.

Edited by michael

So if our new manager quits another club to come here will they also be a traitor to that club, or does it only count when we are the victims? CK learned the hard way a few years ago that there is no loyalty in football. What goes around comes around.

No i

No i've never been happy with a manager switching half way through a season, it always suggest to me how loyal will they be if the next flavoured ice cream is offered.

yes gutted CK has moved on and ok Dover may only be a league higher but look what they....great ground, good crowds (even better when things go well), finances look good etc.....who wouldn't make the move if offered. As for loyalty forget it don't seem much of in any walk of life let alone in football. I think there were many reasons why CK moved not just the lure of the Dover set up and the potential that they have for the future.