Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Havant & Waterlooville away

Ryan.c

Yeah thought Craig should have focused on the continued lack of performance for Tuesday away games. We looked so disjointed and destined to get hammered once the second goal went in. As has been pointed out, peoples hard earned money and holidays have been wasted far too many times this season for Craig just to lambast another poor referee.

I would however state I still had a good giggle last night, as I did Dorchester, wouldnt miss the trip and for me it's the fans who make the night so worth being there, just wished the team could take some of that energy out on to the pitch with them.

Let's face facts, Dorchester on a Tuesday, with a sneaky stop off in Weymouth or a Tuesday at Concord....boys pull your finger out!

I don't think it is just Craig. Lets face it, even I am beginning to believe in a conspiracy between the officials... Or is that just my normal paranoia?

Anyway, it isn't just Craig... Certainly not at pitch side.

For me, it's been disappointing but I think other things, not necessarily team related issues that may have impacted. Not really for discussion here but there has been a lack of togetherness in the club. Maybe we were not ready for the step up... Maybe we didn't have a plan? Or if we did... We strayed from it...

Yes the weather has been awful but the pitch had very little done to it over the years. The supporters admirably contributed cash at the close season and what repair work that bought has been done but was it enough. One would suggest with the recent run of postponements it wasn't.

We have now been cut off from our income stream for most of this year (Saturday matchs being a main source of income) and are looking at huge bills to pay for the refurbishment of the club to meet BSBS requirements. I am asking myself, is the cost worth it? Currently we have various people working like dogs to ensure it is and I for one applause them but I wonder if the fates are against us this time... I am beginning to think that some have a mind set of BSBS or bust...

...and I don't want to see this club bust for whatever league people think we should be in.

I would stress that these are just my concerns and I would like some public leadership from the club and declaration as to what the situation is... The rumour mill is working and what is going round isn't great. Some transparency as to our plans, goals and what we want to achieve but also the contingent if it is beyond us... On and off the pitch... Like we had a couple of seasons ago.

Leadership.

I would stress again, this is only my thoughts and in no way or means is a criticism of anyone at the club...

Oh and yes I want the club to achieve the best level of football but not at the cost of the club

In terms of the officials on Tuesday, I actually thought he had a much better game than against Chelmsford. I think we might be getting our judgement clouded by the previous performance. Sure it wasn't good, but when did we last have a referee we would ever have considered good?

Seeing it in real time, my first reaction to Swainey's challenge was "that could be red". It looked pretty bad to me, and at a fair speed. With the standard of officials we were always in with a shout of that being a red. If we're looking into the official's decisions we need to ask how Jay May didn't get a second yellow (based on the ref's previous card handling)? How Dave Collis got away with a talking to after stepping on the player's hand?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for the officials - they anger me at most games and I can't see that changing - they are largely poor and very inconsistent. Add in an assessor in the stands and the matters only degrade.

We as supporters regularly turn our attention to the officials as an "easy target" when things are going against us. I'd rather we do that during game time than have a go at the players, but it was pretty obvious on Tuesday night that we simply didn't turn up. Within minutes it felt like another "Eastleigh" - you get the feeling straight away. You can see it in the body language, it just didn't look like we were up for it.

Whether it's travelling, working, injuries, team selection, tactics or plain form we can only guess at, and to conclude on any of these would simply point the finger at individuals which wouldn't do us any good. However, let's not kid ourselves it was the whole performance on Tuesday that let us down. Not official's decisions.

As Patriot said, these are the sorts of games I look forward to. It's part of the "fun" of supporting your team home and away. But, games like this really make you think. I'll still be there, but we do need to see some improvements. We now really need to concentrate on winning games against the teams around us, but any win will do......is it too early to start saying "every game is a cup final"?