Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Manager's Position

Wellsie

Agree Alan. If he comes it will be long over due. He is one manager I could support.

Edited by blueblood

I have no idea whether Cugley would be good (prefer great and best ever )bad or indifferent-and will simply support (for at least 18 months anyway) whoever is appointed.

I am interested though in WHY those above feel that Mr Cugley would be such a good appointment;and what is different today compared to two years ago-when certainly amongst supporters-cugley hardly had a mention-so what specifically makes it goood today-but not two years ago .

It could well be that he deserves the opportunity-but is 'deserving' the right reason to make an appointment ?

Interesting also that the club make specific reference to him-whereas normally;names are not mentioned

I am sure it is not a case of putting a name into the public domain to see whther it would meet with public popularity

as it was already in the public domain yesterday morning through This is Kent news (http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Margate-hold-talks-Folkestone-Invicta-boss-Neil/story-17929872-detail/story.html), the Club were only repeating news that was already out there

Neil Cugley would do for me, done a decent job at Folkestone, wouldn't be expensive and knows the area and players in our neck of the woods. Not a reason for appointing him but I'd also point out how well he came across when Paul Sykes died - thought he, and Folkestone Invicta in general, were really dignified about the whole situation.