Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26th games on/off

Rye United v Guernsey in the FA Vase, home club are currently quite hopeful that the match will take place this Saturday.....

Edited by HKP

A 9am pitch inspection has been arranged on Saturday for the Arena ahead of AFC Croydon Athletic v Banstead Athletic.

Went down the Arena today,will need a lot of luck,weather wise for this game to go ahead.Still no green grass to be seen,add in 4 inches of snow all around the ground.Was like the North Pole.,but warm as toast in the Groundsmans quarters.

The forecast for Friday shows the cold weather turning into rain.. deep joy :-( :trq_md_wht: :rain:

The forecast around here says a touch of rain early on Saturday morning but nothing significant until Sunday. I reckon there's a good chance your game at Rye will be on. Hurstmonceux, which is just up the road, played last saturday and Hastings, which is even closer, played last night. It's been a couple of degrees warmer on the South coast than further inland. Our reserves are at Hastings on Saturday and, at the moment, we've been told it's game on.

Having said that, I don't know what the drainage is like at Rye.

At Camberley we're having an inspection somewhere between 10am and noon on Saturday to see if our game v Raynes Park Vale can go ahead. Aldershot played in snow last night so we'll see what happens.

I was down on the south coast today and in areas just along the coast from Rye most of it had cleared. With a bit of luck I think your game will be on. Having said that I got 15 miles inland and it started smashing it down again....can't see our game (Cove) being on at the weekend. Fingers crossed though.......

Just out of interest, if Rye v Guernsey is on, when would it be rescheduled for? Tuesday 29th?

I am aware that the original plan is for the following Saturday, but there must come a time when the FA will start insisting on midweek dates. This would be a pity as I'm sure we'd be oable to play on Tuesday at Chipstead as it drains so well there

I never thought the Vase could cause us so much trouble at this stage. If Guernsey make the QF's our trip there is off again, and if Hanworth Villa beat Walsall Wood, then our game there is off on 9th February to accommodate their fifth round tie!

But back to the topic. Bedfont Sports - Any chance Saturday?