Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Are you sure it was just a "donation" Smudge,reading some of these posts tonight you would of thought it was a small fortune that Epsom asked for,Guernsey couldn't of been that bothered about supporters watching the game live then if they didnt want to give a donation to a fellow cash strapped CCL side,saying that I was there tonight and I must say that the Guernsey team,staff,and officials were very friendly before and after the game,even though we beat them xx

Edited by Dessie

Are you sure it was just a "donation" Smudge,reading some of these posts tonight you would of thought it was a small fortune that Epsom asked for,Guernsey couldn't of been that bothered about supporters watching the game live then if they didnt want to give a donation to a fellow cash strapped CCL side,saying that I was there tonight and I must say that the Guernsey team,staff,and officials were very friendly before and after the game,even though we beat them xx

Think the quote about Gsy not being that bothered is a bit unfair as how were they to know some fans would go over the top in their reaction by boycotting.

If Guru's numbers are correct then Epsom lost over £80 in potential ticket sales but i don't know what this mencap figure was so hard to judge really. Pretty sure he hasn't been to every home and away since the club was formed as he suggested though. Not even the manager has!

Well done Frimley, Proud of my boys tonight though worked extremely hard and poss should have got something but for a bit of nievity!

So you've flown over for the match yet refuse to now go as it is not being streamed???

Pathetic

Absolutely Pathetic, bordering on embarrassing.

Unfortunately as i live in Asia i can't get to any games anymore (had season ticket for our CCLD1 season) but i don't subscribe to GTV either as the time difference means the games are on at inconvenient times, i.e. saturday nights and early hours of weekday mornings.

Edited by Trebor

Pretty sure he hasn't been to every home and away since the club was formed as he suggested though. Not even the manager has!

Besides last night I have attended all GFC fixtures including friendlies, travelled to every away game as I have already stated. If you choose not to believe that then that is your right but I see no reason why you would

Firstly, I'd just like to say that moving to Chipstead has had an unexpected benefit. The pitch is awesome. There was a three foot wide puddle at the exit but the pitch looked really good and has an excellent playing surface.

To pick up on a couple of points GG suggested we negotiate bar takings with Chipstead. We have a groundsharing agreement with this very helpful club, but part of that, as with previous ground shares is that they get the bar takings. It's a fact of life when you don't have your own ground unfortunately.

Some GFC fans are always saying on the forum "It's because it's Guernsey, you hate us etc. etc." Firstly, we would have done exactly the same with any similar arrangement, it's not all about you all the time. If Budweiser had been here they would have paid, in fact they would have probably offered too. Unfortunately some GC fans are a bit precious and clearly a bit paranoid to think that this was some sort of personal decision. I reiterate that I have supported Guernsey in many of the arguments / discussions on here in the past. Check out the previous forums if you like.

It is a pity that these keyboard warriors didn't show the same respect of another club's decision as their officials did. Totally respectful and courteous, as were their supporters at the game, including their songs! By the way, we only charged £6 our usual rate, and if we were really "against Guernsey" as some seem to suggest here, we could have raised that too, as we were within our rights to do so.

Thank you also to those other clubs who have publicly supported our decision on here, a lot of whom have known us for many years as league opponents and know that we are a friendly club. Maybe this discussion might even force the league into having to make a proper decision on this, and ironically the few Guernsey fans who have complained and raised the profile of this as a result might even have hurt the long term viability of GFCTV.

Right, onto the game. I thought we were superb, especially considering the conditions. I was a little concerned approaching half time as we were relying on a lot of crosses which weren't working against a force ten gale and a 6 foot 4 keeper who produced a fantastic save in the first half as already referred to earlier on here.

In the second half we showed we were able to adapt and the two goals were both as a result of neat interplay and excellent passing. We never sat back and kept playing and our attitude was excellent. We're well aware that GFC were not at full strength, but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did. This raises two interesting points 1) We fear no one and 2) GFC may have an excellent first team, but they are going to have to use their squad during the congested end to their season and that makes them vulnerable if teams attack them the same way and have belief.

Full credit to our players and the Management team who kept the visitors guessing last night with a lot of switches throughout the game. An excellent game plan , especially against a young side.

Good luck to Guernsey at Spalding and we'll see you later in the season.

"Where's our TV gone" and "we want our telly back" both got an airing tonight. Looking forward to seeing a few of those lads in action again

I was stood quite near you lot in the second half and enjoyed the near-constant singing a lot. Several funny lyrics which we chuckled along to.

Its clearly evident where Guernsey's priorities lie after sending out their second string team last night, having desputably their best 2 players on the bench being Heume and prolififc goalscorer Allen.

Agree with E&E that you can only beat whats in front of you, but having 7 ''reserve'' players starting, E&E has to be disappointed to a certain extent that Guernsey's 1st team wasn't playing 'cos their management cannot judge on how good they are in comparison to Guernsey, so guess they will have to wait for their league fixture to find the truth. Guernsey cannot be judged on this showing, only to see what depth they have in their squad.

Clearly with 20 games in 2 months, questions will be asked of their squad and players so this will be interesting and certainly a challenge for the club.

Promotion and the Vase are clear Guernsey's priority, so it will be intereseting to see how they handle this and how they perform with so many games, in such a short time. .

In the Red Insure Cup (Southern League Cup), each club is forced to start a match with at least 7 players that had commenced at least 1 of the previous two league fixtures. This is to stop clubs fielding very weakened sides for the League Cup.

I like Hamon the Guernsey goalie. He was awsome against Hartley at the start of last season. After that game I spoke to the Wycombe Wanderers goalkeeper coach and told him he needed to take a look at him. Unfortunately Hamon didn't appear to play again last season and therefore did not get watched.

Edited by Terrence Collina

Hamon gave up last season to concentrate in golf but seems to have changed his mind again now. Possibly hoping to get spotted playing for GFC? If he doesn't then I imagine it will be back to golf.

I believe he's had trials previously at Southampton but this was before last season.

Quality keeper though and I expect he could probably make it somewhere. He just needs to make up his mind!

Besides last night I have attended all GFC fixtures including friendlies, travelled to every away game as I have already stated. If you choose not to believe that then that is your right but I see no reason why you would

Maybe so, i was just surprised because all the games i've been to i don't think I've ever seen anyone there every time. If you are at every one then You must hide yourself well! Every home and away game must be expensive too. Please make yourself known at the next one, we'll have a ribena.

There were a number of players either injured or carrying injuries. With the run of games we have coming up it was a good oppurtunity to give some players some experience. Before Saturday when we pikced up another couple of injuries we were down to 17/18 fit players.

Hamon gave up last season to concentrate in golf but seems to have changed his mind again now. Possibly hoping to get spotted playing for GFC? If he doesn't then I imagine it will be back to golf.

I believe he's had trials previously at Southampton but this was before last season.

Quality keeper though and I expect he could probably make it somewhere. He just needs to make up his mind!

maybe influenced by being relegated to third choice

Hamon and Dodd played very well for Guernsey.

Bit of a CCL whos who in attendance in poor conditions but pitch was excellent and true.

First half a bit of a non event but second half much livelier.

Deserved win for Epsom and 2nd goal superb.

Treacherous drop down back to Sutton but superb dinner when I got in while watching Welsh Cup highlights on some awful pitches.

Match Programme a real labour of love and a great read!

All in all, glad I went.

Hope to have an announcement re Wibbandune in next 7 days btw!

Edited by Chris Clapham