Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Change of plan, I am in London about to meet up with 12 other GFC fans before heading towards the game. We are now not going, so E&E there goes 13 paying customers and top drinkers, we will stand firm with our fellow supporters in Guernsey who cannot view the game

Guru, this is non league football. It isn't the premier league. Grow up.

Guru, your post claims that the CCL owe you for being in the league?

Guernsey were voted into the league by the clubs, so maybe you should be looking at it another way round?

I have no problem with guernsey, and believe they have been a breath of fresh air to the league, but just remember before you start throwing stones at other clubs. They are the reason you are here? I hope you do win the league, and you achieve the highest possible standard for your club, but do it with some grace and diginity.

Are we asking too much here? We just want the opportunity to watch our team, all other clubs have understood this and it costs nothing for clubs to allow this. We are different because we are overseas and we cannot just get on a bus/train to go to away games but you knew this before you allowed us in. Nobody and expecially the CCL owes us anything for being in the league and we have totally paid our way and followed the rules as any other member club. Your points are not the issue and I am not throwing stones, I am stating facts. You should have all voted against us as we continue to be a community club who wants the best for all teams including our own and just wanted the opportunity to play on a better stage, see how far we could get and if along the way we can help other clubs at our level by supporting their bars and matchday experience all the better. Dont you see it is not about the cost it is about supporting our team and having the ability to watch them even if they are playing away and we are unable to travel. At the same time those in Guernsey who choose to subscribe to GFCTV can help the club with funding, which is massive and is needed in all guises. We seek no advantage here we just want to support our team.

Change of plan, I am in London about to meet up with 12 other GFC fans before heading towards the game. We are now not going, so E&E there goes 13 paying customers and top drinkers, we will stand firm with our fellow supporters in Guernsey who cannot view the game

Apart from cutting off your nose you will not be there to cheer on your team. Why punish the Guernsey football team for what is not their action?. Is that something like sour grapes?

Apart from cutting off your nose you will not be there to cheer on your team. Why punish the Guernsey football team for what is not their action?. Is that something like sour grapes?

Call it what you like, the amount of sh*t that is posted on here about GFC is pathetic. I know everyone of the travelling team and will let them know my reasons for not attending personally. I would rather give my gate money to GFC as a donation

which is entirely your choice GG and I will not slate you for that.

Will GFC allow me to watch the Camberley game for free as I cant travel over for the game ?

Will GFC allow me to watch the Camberley game for free as I cant travel over for the game ?

No, you will need to subscribe like the rest of us or pay £2.99 for the one match! :D

Edited by Jade

Those that have GFCTV pay a subscription or donation to GFC if you like. It is not compulsory to purchase it! You do not have to watch it and therefore I would have thought that you would have to pay just the same as everyone else. When will you all get it that GFC get nothing for free (except for the services of our players)

Nothing can be free as the club has to pay enormous overheads to play on the mainland and us supporters are happy to help fund this venture as best we can

Fair Enough GG. they could give it free to me though because I am having to pay money to come and watch the game which is no fault of my own that my team are in the same league as you.

Not having any sort of go just trying to put another view across.

Call it what you like, the amount of sh*t that is posted on here about GFC is pathetic. I know everyone of the travelling team and will let them know my reasons for not attending personally. I would rather give my gate money to GFC as a donation

What about your 12 other Guernsey fans, are they cutting off their noses and failing to cheer on the team for the same reason as you?

As a Manager of a CCL Club (Horley Town) I don’t want to take sides about this issue but I really am struggling to understand Epsom & Ewell’s stance.

I’m happy to be proved wrong but I can’t see how televising the game would have a detrimental affect on the size of the crowd. People from Guernsey won’t make a decision on attending at the drop of a hat, they will have made their decision sometime ago based on an assumption that the game would be televised or more likely that the majority won’t travel to away games. So no loss of custom there.

People locally probably don’t have GFTV anyway so if they want to watch the game they have to attend!

One of the benefits of having the game televised is that we received a DVD copy ( I know not everyone seems to have received theirs) and we have now made more copies and will eventually have enough for each of our players. If I were a player I’d be delighted about having a full 90 minute version of a game I played in. I’m sure the Epsom players feel the same, but are going to miss out.

I do think that is regrettable that Guernsey Guru and his mates have come to the decision that they have and their team would benefit from their vocal support.

I think having Guernsey in the league has been a positive step and a trip there is something to look forward to. Weather permitting!