Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Seen Egham a few times myself and they are in a great position. Pressure is on Guernsey in a big way but from what I heard today Egham might have to wait an extra 5 weeks, yes 5 WEEKS at the end of the season to see if they will be crowned champions.

are you saying they would extend the season?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ash United ground staff and all their helpers deserve huge credit for all the work they put in to ensure today's match went ahead

Well following tense negotiations with In the know hastily convening a meeting of the committee, it was agreed I could proceed after payment of a £6 facility fee and on condition there was no live str

I'm still your friend Smudge

I tried my best & with the helpers throughout the week & today...they have to take as much credit this morning especially as i was at work

Will say South Park are a decent outfit & deserved the win today. They adapted to the conditions much better & still played some good football. A class third goal (still wondering it he meant the top corner tho).

First half we was poor & lucky to be just 2 goals down & still in the game. Second half was much better but the third goal killed us & the game. However will say if not for a worldy double save by the ever impressive South Park keeper it could have been a different story, but that me clutching at straws

You guys did a great job, I don't envy you the job of getting it ready for the next match ... and thanks from everyone at South Park for getting the game on.

Yep our keeper did make a worldy double save and gods knows how our third goal went in I turned away when he struck it as i thought it was going miles over, only to be told we'd just scored!!!!

All the best for the rest of the season

Worc Pk 0-1 Spelly

Harsh on WP who dominated the 1st half.

Any question that the winner was offside is wrong.

Smudge - what can I say :wub:

Tight game and so much going at at CCL off the field I can't say or the CCL may have to hire a hit man :D

Neck on line time. I think Egham will win the league :)

Agreed looking at the remaining number of fixtures, schedule and teams to be played you have to think it is there to loose.

are you saying they would extend the season?

FA announcement during the week:-

"The FA has announced that they are willing to grant Step 5 and 6 Leagues permission to extend their playing season beyond the end of April.

Following discussions with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Leagues Committee, it has been agreed that it will be in order for Leagues to extend the playing season until Saturday 4th May if required.

However, in a communication sent to Step 5/6 League Secretaries, FA Leagues and Clubs Manager Mike Appleby said: “It is vital that promotions to Step 4 are finalised by this date (4th May) as the club allocation meetings take place shortly afterwards.

“Therefore, we ask for your co-operation in ensuring that clubs seeking promotion to Step 4 do complete their leagues fixtures by Saturday 4th May.

“It may be the case that non-promotion related games may be able to take place after this date but we will monitor the situation going forward”."

http://nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=2645

Worc Pk 0-1 Spelly

Harsh on WP who dominated the 1st half.

Any question that the winner was offside is wrong.

Smudge - what can I say :wub:

Tight game and so much going at at CCL off the field I can't say or the CCL may have to hire a hit man :D

Have to agree WP dominated first half but didn't create anything clear cut. The tall number 9 was a nuisance going down hill but vanished second half going up hill! I think first half he beat me 9/10 times. Second half I beat him aerially every time.

WP always a tough ground to go to, and will admit red card seemed very harsh!

Only downer from my point of view was the constant harrassing of referee from home side. They're good enough not to need to do this.

Nice to see Smudger in the bar afterwards albeit in my pink dress!

You guys did a great job, I don't envy you the job of getting it ready for the next match ... and thanks from everyone at South Park for getting the game on.

Yep our keeper did make a worldy double save and gods knows how our third goal went in I turned away when he struck it as i thought it was going miles over, only to be told we'd just scored!!!!

All the best to South Park also

also hopefully you will get to see a reasonable pitch soon when you come here....last season was embarrassing this season two wet & heavy pitch....maybe get you to visit in early season next season

Have to agree WP dominated first half but didn't create anything clear cut. The tall number 9 was a nuisance going down hill but vanished second half going up hill! I think first half he beat me 9/10 times. Second half I beat him aerially every time.

WP always a tough ground to go to, and will admit red card seemed very harsh!

Only downer from my point of view was the constant harrassing of referee from home side. They're good enough not to need to do this.

Nice to see Smudger in the bar afterwards albeit in my pink dress!

Ben,you looked smart in your size 18 outfit,hope you get plenty of offers when you hit the town tonight.Nice to speak to your Dad,who gave me the low down on the PACE you used to have.Think you need to thank your Keeper for keeping you in the game 1st half,sending off was harsh,to say the least,but changed the momentum of the game.WELL DONE ON THE WIN THOUGH.

3.3 away to Feltham today.

Heard complaints about the sun, the deck, roll of the ball, surprised noone blamed a plane or 2 or the very low sun!

Fact is, Feltham were more fired up and hungrier today than us and humbly acknowledge we stole an eleventh hour point for which we are VERY grateful!

Nice people at Feltham as always, sure with performances like today they'll move up the table. As for us, simply not good enough, some improvements in attitude quickly required or it'll be changes in personnel if we wanna be taken seriously as outside promotion hopes!

FA announcement during the week:-

"The FA has announced that they are willing to grant Step 5 and 6 Leagues permission to extend their playing season beyond the end of April.

Following discussions with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Leagues Committee, it has been agreed that it will be in order for Leagues to extend the playing season until Saturday 4th May if required.

However, in a communication sent to Step 5/6 League Secretaries, FA Leagues and Clubs Manager Mike Appleby said: “It is vital that promotions to Step 4 are finalised by this date (4th May) as the club allocation meetings take place shortly afterwards.

“Therefore, we ask for your co-operation in ensuring that clubs seeking promotion to Step 4 do complete their leagues fixtures by Saturday 4th May.

“It may be the case that non-promotion related games may be able to take place after this date but we will monitor the situation going forward”."

http://nwcfl.com/new...les.php?id=2645

thanks

makes sense now why the local paper ran with

"

It now seems likely that the Green Lions will have to play a CCL Premier Division double-header either side of the Muratti Vase final on the May Bank Holiday weekend. ‘I can’t say with total certainty, but there is every chance that Guernsey [FC] will have a game on that Saturday and possibly the Monday too,’ said the CCL fixture secretary, Alan Constable,"

Guess we will have to play May 3rd Evening, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon if we have any chance to complete the fixtures.

Now we all give stick to Officials on here,but the CCL League reached a new low with me today.Do the powers that be give a damn about any of us,was shocked to see Peter Crichlow (REF) on crutches today.He suffered a Bad Cruciate Knee injury, late on last season at Guildford City.Mention in dispatches NONE.Financial help NONE,contact from the League and Surrey F.A.NONE.Sadly in my opinion this is a disgrace,a lot of things are done behind closed doors at the CCL,take next week Croydon Athletic v Warlingham is very likely not to take place,at the request of Warlingham.hope the League have the decency to at least contact Croydon Athletic,before a decision is made.Friends I have few Chris,after last weeks allegations regarding my behaviour at the Sheerwater v South Kilburn game.Did anyone post in my defence NO.So aquaintances I have many on this forum,Friends few.Reason people are afraid to put their heads above the parapet,to be shot down.

Now we all give stick to Officials on here,but the CCL League reached a new low with me today.Do the powers that be give a damn about any of us,was shocked to see Peter Crichlow (REF) on crutches today.He suffered a Bad Cruciate Knee injury, late on last season at Guildford City.Mention in dispatches NONE.Financial help NONE,contact from the League and Surrey F.A.NONE.Sadly in my opinion this is a disgrace,a lot of things are done behind closed doors at the CCL,take next week Croydon Athletic v Warlingham is very likely not to take place,at the request of Warlingham.hope the League have the decency to at least contact Croydon Athletic,before a decision is made.Friends I have few Chris,after last weeks allegations regarding my behaviour at the Sheerwater v South Kilburn game.Did anyone post in my defence NO.So aquaintances I have many on this forum,Friends few.Reason people are afraid to put their heads above the parapet,to be shot down.

You know I will back you , but you know and I know kilburn don't play by the rules and the person that was on the pitch should not have been! Banned as you well know mate!!

Egham solid it is theres to lose guernsey need to beat them an hope they slip up cant see it tho i reckon windsor could still sneak in tbere to an epsom are on a fantastic run

Windsor Newbs ? We've got 11 games in hand and need to win 3 to go ahead of them. We've played Egham twice and stuck 10 past them.

Guernsey have lost 3 league games in 17 months. Spend 2.99 on watching our 4th and 5th goals against Rye and you will see why I'm still summoning the spirit of Guernsey Donkey and saying it is ours to lose.

Egham 7-1 Moles

This game started off with molesey the better side and should of been 2 up, Last 15 of the first half and egham had 4 chances, scoring every one!

I gotta feel sorry for molesey as everyone has an off day but against top of the league you will get punished, this 7-1 could have been double figures in the end as molesey back 4 looked suspect throughout the game.

Well done to egham, I believe they will be crowned champions this season.

Smudge's heart is in the right place, and there are far worse people than him in the world.