Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games On Sat 2/2/13

Egg&Ham

Thought baker was out for rest of season with shoulder injury?

Your run of games will take it out of your sqyad though mate an id rather have points in the bag cant see egham dropping many points makes it exciting but its a hell of a gap plus i hope i get my free trip away ;) i always get looked after ;)

Yeah it was baker. He is having an op on when the season finishes.

4-5-1's view of the game is very fair. I think if we hadn't scored before half-time,we would have lost. Slightly disappointed we didn't push on and win after getting back level though.

Overall a good point against a decent Staines side . Nice to chat to Ben Whatford before the game.

A good game to watch Daniel considering the conditions. I thought your right winger was brilliant. Foxy is it? The ball he put in for baker was superb. I see in the programme Staines have Westfield, Frimley and Kilburn in the next few weeks and I fancy them to upset a few.

Egham 7 Moles 1..............Did the score flatter us NO not really in all honesty it could of been more but to be fair to the Moles they had a 1 on 1 early on that borg saved well from then on it was one way traffic for the remainder of the half and in a burst on 15 minutes where Moles could not get near us it was 4-0 and the game was as good as over................

...2nd half could of been a drub but the Sarnies continued to play some very good football and were 5 up soon after the break the Moles did get 1 back but Egham were the only team likely to score again and 2 more came. All the Egham goals were quality and none were gifted by Moles...........Did the Moles play bad? yes to a certain degree but I thought Egham were unplayable today and Molesey were unfortunate it was them playing us today........I watched Moles v Guernsey a few weeks back and the Moles should have won that game and there may of been a couple of changes from that side that played today............

The league has a long way to go in terms of Champions with I'd say Egham and Guernsey still the main protagonists, Yeah Guernsey have alot of ground to make up but are well capable the game on the 26th Feb may well decide the fete of both teams season I'm just hoping Guernsey concentrate on the Vase, Epsom have played thereself in the race I see them against Bedfont Sports and for the majority they struggled but still won and by the sounds of it the luck continued yesterday, they still have a good chance but there luck will run out IMO. Badshot Lea still very strong but the defeat yesterday but have killed them. South Park and H. Villa two very good sides but there cup success has been there downfall in the league although the chairman may be happy with there extra revenue.

A month ago I would have had Guernsey as favourtites but no league games since then while you guys have played has switched it around. I now think there is no way Guernsey can comlete the number of games they have without falling over a few times. shame but that is how it is.

I have never been the greatest fan of Egham for personal reasons but it does sound as though the club has turned a corner over the last couple of years and if they win the league they will have deserved it because no matter what it takes a lot of hard work to win this league.

Great footage TRS! Hopefully we can get our red card overturned now!

Thank Geggy, although not sure about the red card being overturned. Ref indicated persistant fouling for the first yellow and gave the second (harshly i felt) for kicking the ball away. To be honest, I was more mystified by the Badshot Lea red card. I guess he deemed kicking the ball at (towards?) your player on the ground violent conduct. Again, harsh!

I agree, harsh is an understatement on Nick Sowden's Red card. I didn't feel that he kicked the ball at the player, that said we deserved and got nothing from the game. Windsor well deserved the victory. Back to the drawing board again

It will be interesting to see what team Molesey had out because if Egham beat a full strength Molesey side then 7-1 is a great result,but Im with Guernsey Geordie on this one,Guernsey have a great squad of players to pick from as we saw at Epsom last week,with all these games to be still to be played I think the teams with the biggest squads will end up on top,I think it will end up 1)Guernsey 2)Egham 3)Windsor

Molesey side yesterday: Wester Young (28 appearances according to the Molesey website today), Andy Graves (who went off with twisted blood) (18), Tom Dilloway (21), Jordan McCartney (12), Kristen Webb (24), Moses Spencer (5), Nick White (21), Tom Windsor (25), Tom Harper (2), Lewis Ackerman (26), Ross Chalke (22). Subs: Joe Pratley-Jones (20), Manny Quarshie (13), Joe Grant (25), Nathan Mottley (15), Paul Cross (1). First team enough for anyone, I would think.

You will have noticed that there has been no shouting about promotion from us. We will see what happens at the end of the season and let Lee, Jack and Neerav do what they are doing.

Molesey side yesterday: Wester Young (28 appearances according to the Molesey website today), Andy Graves (who went off with twisted blood) (18), Tom Dilloway (21), Jordan McCartney (12), Kristen Webb (24), Moses Spencer (5), Nick White (21), Tom Windsor (25), Tom Harper (2), Lewis Ackerman (26), Ross Chalke (22). Subs: Joe Pratley-Jones (20), Manny Quarshie (13), Joe Grant (25), Nathan Mottley (15), Paul Cross (1). First team enough for anyone, I would think.

You will have noticed that there has been no shouting about promotion from us. We will see what happens at the end of the season and let Lee, Jack and Neerav do what they are doing.

Sounds like they had a strong side out,so 7-1 was a great result, dont write Guernsey off just yet though,Egham should know more than most what they are capable of,Is it 1 or 2 teams that get promoted this season?if its 2 then you will be ok anyway

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/knaphillfootballclub/s/match-report-2722.html?official=1&fixture_id=563005

Knaphills match report on the game. A good 3 points for the Knappers, slowly getting there.

Also pictures from Lisa Harding (club photographer) - http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/knaphillfootballclub/photos/knaphill-v-sheerwater-02-02-20-356283.html

Went off to see Egham to see what the hype was about and I must say Egham are a very good side. Couple of quality players who could play a lot higher. However, it didn't help how bad the moles were. Probably by far the worst team performance I have seen this season.

Personally I would be very disappointed to finish below Windsor at the end of the season. This is nothing against the Stags whatsoever who we have played many times in the past and enjoy playing, but Epsom are six points ahead of them and have played two games more. Also South Park are ten points behind them with nine games in hand, so a top four finish would be a great achievement for them in my opinion.

Also, and this is equally important as I'm now more than ever sure that two will go up, Windsor have not applied for promotion this season so a top two finish for them would not help the league. Not that they'll care about that of course, as I'm sure they want to finish as high as they can!

Right now like Krooner, I am leaning towards Egham to hold on. Their form is excellent and we know they are a good side. They still have a lot of games left themselves including a tricky cup tie against Croydon tomorrow, but they will surely be fresher than Guernsey or South Park.

From an Epsom perspective we do need to be a little more clinical, but I would disagree with GuvnorNo1 who felt we are lucky. We have lost games in the last minute too this season, not just won them. We have played some exceptional stuff recently and the only area we have been lucky is that we've managed to get more of our games in than most. As a supporter I always hope for a top four place to get a Vase exemption and see no reason why we can't do that, or maybe even better with the squad we have.

Edited by E&E Fred