Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cardboards Monday night

Ryan.c

Let the banter begin...........

I'm looking foward to tonight should be an entertaining evening we go there with no real pressure on us we may be 2nd from bottom but a win will see us climb into mid table.

I'm hoping the Chelmsford players have the same attitude as some of their supporters where they think they just need to turn up to win if they do they could be in for a bit of a shock.

I can remember going to Melbourne Park for a Play Off game a coulple of years ago when they had the same attitude :rolleyes: .

Come On You Blue Boys

I for one certainly don't think it will be a walkover tonight but still think we will have too much for you. Can't see a Craig Edwards side coming to MP and being anything but totally up for it. We need to ensure that we have a decent start and don't give away any silly free-kicks in our own half. We played into your hands to some extent in the first half at your place in this regard but tightened up after the break and coped comfortably.

I'm hoping our forward-line will surprise you tonight but not in a pleasant way. Not sure if CE was at our place on Saturday after the postponement of your game but if he was, I reckon he will be wondering how your two carthorses at the back will cope with our pace. You are perhaps in a bit of a false position at the bottom, not having played for a while, but you're finding out exactly what it takes to compete in this league. We settled quickly into the division and have stayed up there or thereabouts ever since: it's not an easy league and you need to play a bit of football if you're ever going to do well in it.

Fancy us by the odd goal in three tonight but wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a draw.

Fair enough maybe i was a little harsh not all of you see it as a walkover but a fair few do.

And we are definitely finding out what this level is all about and if you asked 99% of Ricky fans at the start of this season what would you take at the end a large response would be 4th from bottom,staying up this season is the main aim and then hopefully continue to build from there.

As for a draw yes please :ph34r:

I have to agree with Gary, I suspect that we will be too strong for you tonight, but we'll see. I sat near Craig and Grant on Saturday and exchanged a few words and I have no doubt they have concerns as well. Your ex lodgers have come along way since those heady days of the Ryman and those of you with any football nounce will agree. We have improved o the team that tore league Club Colchester Utd apart and struggled on a poor pitch at your place, in the dark.

A few Points from above, MP continues to be improved with the fans clubing and working together to now have a covered end ( we call it the ro-ro but it remains there without moving for most of the season). I'm sure that any group of non league fans coming together and getting £36k together in 18 months is no mean feat!!! When it needs moving the fans do it, not the council.

Our superb Supporters Club continues to raise funds for a digital score board which will be installed in the next few months. The major developements to the MP project continue with training facilities and a new plastic pitch of which wehave piority use. A new 1200 seater stand is on its way, and with thanks to the council our flood lights are now leaague two standard ( i.e you can see the ball when it gets dark!!)

I have read Steve's Blog and hope that Grant and Steve can pull it all together and et the ground improvements in place. It will be good to see a few familiar faces about tonight!!!

I'm hoping our forward-line will surprise you tonight but not in a pleasant way. Not sure if CE was at our place on Saturday after the postponement of your game but if he was, I reckon he will be wondering how your two carthorses at the back will cope with our pace

Yes, I was very surprised by your forward line. Particularly how ineffective they were, and how well our Carthorses coped.

I suspect that we will be too strong for you tonight, but we'll see. I sat near Craig and Grant on Saturday and exchanged a few words and I have no doubt they have concerns as well. Your ex lodgers have come along way since those heady days of the Ryman and those of you with any football nounce will agree. We have improved o the team that tore league Club Colchester Utd apart and struggled on a poor pitch at your place, in the dark.

It would appear you play better in the dark?