Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Binfield and the last few days

Geggy

We seem to be saying this every week but huge congratulations again to Micky and the team! Badshot and Binfield away two huge games and the team could not have delivered two more impressive performances. This really is exciting watching what's developing now at Stag Meadow. I'd be good to hear others thoughts on this but I believe the side we have now is more exciting than what we had last season. I don't say that with any disrespect to last season's side but the potential of some of these lads is unbelievable. We always said there was local talent and its great they have now been given a chance. No doubt the vultures will begin/continue to circle but the team spirit that exists now is better than I've known for many years and the great thing of not paying a budget is they are here because they want to be here! As proved recently by players turning down moves away. Congratulations again to Micky!

It has certainly been a great week to be a Windsor fan. The last 2 games have shown that we now have a squad of players that belong near the top of the league.

The performance against Badshot was by far the best performance since the club was formed. To follow this up with a comfortable win against one of the best sides in the Hellenic league showed this was no fluke.

To get to where we are now with Mick taking over mid-season and having to build a whole new squad from scratch without the luxury of being able to tempt players to the club by throwing money at them, has been a remarkable achievement.

Hopefully we can keep this excellent young squad together for next season, but whatever happens we should be thankful to Kevin, Mick and everybody involved for making us proud to be Windsor supporters once more.

What impressed me was the way the players have reacted to the defeat to Chessington, The players were clearly gutted leaving the pitch, they knew they hadn't preformed properly, let themselves down even and not through lack of ability but through desire and effort, I got the impression they thought they deserved to win coming into that game (plus Chessington were well organised and really up for the game, take nothing away from them). Now, previous Windsor teams and management have got the hump, moaned and whinged about such performances and even made excuses, but the reaction couldn't have been further from this. I don't know what Mick said or if was just the pride of the players but the next three games saw a team desperate not to lose again, a fantastic attitude to match their talent and took their football to another level, this is what has been missing previously.

I genuinely believe we can win the B&B Trophy this time and if we had had this team from the start of the season been in with a real chance of the title.

I hope this team does stay together and mick stays to manage them as this could be the start of a very special team, keep up the fantastic work all involved.

Excellent. Excellent. Excellent!! Great results over the last few weeks and great season so far. Culminating in next round magic. Thoroughly well deserved. The players, management and club officials can feel rightly proud of all the decision made this season which has seen local footballers playing for there local side. Whatever happens we are in a great position now. The atmosphere in and around W.F.C is the best I can remember. This is what the new club was set up be, a community club with community values. The achievements of Micky, Kevin, the team and everybody else connected should not go un-mentioned. Huge pats on the back all round!

Running out of superlatives really.

Thank you to all the players involved in contributing to a real roller-coaster ride this season!

Mark Banfry Oliver Brown Rob Bullivant Matthew Collis Rhys Marshall Sam Richards Darren Walsh Harry Badderley Oliver Beasley Josh Briant Alex Bruce Luke Dexter Will Dunlop Chris Ellis Andrew Fagan Michael Ferguson Ryan Gibbs George Gould Matthew Holliday Michal Jahodnik Jay Kalama Tom Kemp Max Kinsler Neil Messham Anthony Page Ryan Parsons Alex Penfold Andrew Tarrant James Tripp Sam Walters Dapo Abitogun Jordan Ajaniekoko Kyle Anthony Ryan Ashe Brandon Blair Martin Bradshaw Joe Chandiram Ross Crawford Matthew Day Chris Dean Wayne Elliott Steven Eyango-Bwanga Chris Gibson Rajbinder Gill Dan Hicks James Houghton Jon Jebbison Miles Jones Steven Jones Chris Kelly Michael Kinsella Robert Lazarczuk Daryl McLean Mustapha Mohammed Tom Mudge Jake Parsons Harry Pearse Ben Porter Dan Sears Matthew Seedel Jason Sheehan Codie Sumner Ritchie Whittingham Ben Wilson Jamie Wright Usif Bangura Chris Bernard Jordan Dowdican Arran Fergus Jermaine Gumbs Ben Harris Jordan Ive Kane Jones Jake Lovell Stanley Mugisha Ryan O'Toole Josh Parker Yashwa Romeo Gavin Smith

I think that's 79 and counting!!!

Archived