Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Alan ( GNFC )

Boxing Day

It seems that we are not the only ones thinking about Boxing Day , as the long awaited return of Westley to Farnboro is also that day .
On the Farnboro board they are discussing his return.
On the Stevenage site they appear to have seen through his rhetoric .
I'll give the Webmeister's inlaws a miss this year , even if we're not going to Margate/Dover/Ashford/Knatchbull etc .

Talking of Margate, Alan, confguide has a link to an article claiming that Ashford would be willing to offer Margate use of their ground on a long-term basis.

But is it Conference standard?

Apparently it is, so we are off to Homelands on Boxing Day, unless of course there is a short sharp shower on Christmas Eve.

At least two of Maragte's home fixtures between now and Christmas clash with Ashford so there will be some Sunday matches presumably.

Confguide has Ashford's statement regarding this online here. It makes interesting reading - particularly regarding the possibility of Ashford taking Margate players on loan. Also, the statement claims that the Conference inspection team were 'very complimentary... about the standard of the pitch'. I must confess that I'm no expert when it comes to Homelands, but if what has been repeatedly said on this forum about the pitch is true, they won't be so 'complimentary' if they pay a return visit in a couple of months' time.

A friend of mine is a Stevenage fan and they want Westley out, and several of the players that followed him from Farnborough, in a recent game Steve Watson was booked and it was the Stevenage fans chanting off off! Looks like poor old Westley will be getting it from both sides at Farnborough!

Quote:
Alan ( GNFC ) said:
It seems that we are not the only ones thinking about Boxing Day , as the long awaited return of Westley to Farnboro is also that day .
On the Farnboro board they are discussing his return.
On the Stevenage site they appear to have seen through his rhetoric .
I'll give the Webmeister's inlaws a miss this year , even if we're not going to Margate/Dover/Ashford/Knatchbull etc .

Indeed, Dave - the Margate website backs this up.

As for Boxing Day, perhaps there will be a one-game arrangement struck with Ashford - after all, they have already hosted the Grays match and seemed willing to help out.