Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Alton Town FC being evicted from ground

savealtontownfc

Wessex league Alton town being evicted from their ground at end of this season by Molson Coors the brewers. Supporters are organising a Save Alton town day on March 2nd at the game v Hayling and are hoping for a record crowd.

For more information...........www.savealtontownfc.wordpress.com supporters of all Wessex league clubs welcome....and even Aldershot.

If you need an event to raise awareness of what is happening, a celebrity football match could be an idea.

http://www.showbizxi.co.uk/ are very good. I am sure the celebs will sign any petition and will also write to Molsom Coors as well.

Get your local MP involved as well.

If you need an event to raise awareness of what is happening, a celebrity football match could be an idea.

http://www.showbizxi.co.uk/ are very good. I am sure the celebs will sign any petition and will also write to Molsom Coors as well.

At the end of the day Molson Coors is a business and all it is doing is maximising profits from their assets. That's what businesses do, and the demise of another tiny football club is hardly earth shattering stuff that all but a small band of enthusiasts give two hoots about.

They are good, got some great names involved and more joining soon. Well worth getting in touch with. Maggie Howlett is the woman to speak to

There are going to be some non-league clubs that disappear, that's the reality of both a recession and drop in attendances because of other reasons.

Unfortunately, this is so very true.

When the profits start to drop, sport is the first thing to lose finance !

Whilst you may have a point, Alan, I don't think it's one that Jim McKell would particularly agree with,

As for protecting clubs, wasn't there a website called Crisis Clubs or something like that years ago? Is it still up?

Whilst you may have a point, Alan, I don't think it's one that Jim McKell would particularly agree with,

As for protecting clubs, wasn't there a website called Crisis Clubs or something like that years ago? Is it still up?

The best way for clubs to protect themselves would be if they stuck together against the bigger clubs, drastically reduced travelling costs by regionalization, and shared resource's like stadiums, coaching and admin staff, and even form a co- op type scheme to buy things like alcohol and catering provisions in bulk at much cheaper prices than they pay at the moment.

It will never happen because of petty jealousies and tribal hatred by the neanderthal masses that like to be big fish in very small ponds and hate the idea of being part of anything that may benefit any other club but their own.

It would be nice, but people are always going to want money.

I read recently of a club that wants to start at Step 7 next season, and has openly said it will pay players £250 per game.

Now, part of me says 'it's their money and not my business to say' and the other says '£250 pmpg at THAT level!' :o

Unfortunately, this is so very true.

When the profits start to drop, sport is the first thing to lose finance !

Witney United have faced the chop - a forced 'merger' with Carterton.

Spoke to our manager tonight,he said he had a quality player train with us last night but he is training with Chelmsford tonight as he arranged before he trained with us.At the end of the training session our manager said to him,we can't offer much money,he said he was going to Chelmsford tonight because it was arranged but would make his decision based on playing not money,refreshing o gear but I suppose we will find out ow true it is come Saturday as if he chooses chemo it can only be for money as heis more likely to get a game with us

Archived