Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Rhodes

Oscar Pistorius

He had a good enough story, no proof at the end of the day what if any intent he had. South African court and judge handled the trial impeccably. You can't find someone guilty of murder just because you are pretty sure the scumbag did it intentionally. Apparently with culpable homicide you can be given the option of paying a 'fine' of sorts to avoid jail. I heard he was broke so not sure if he'll go scot free. Very sorry for Reeva's parents, they must be distraught. 

He won't go down

Eastside Urchin - I thought that so was surprised to hear the harsh sentence a few moments ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2801195/oscar-pistorius-finally-learn-sentence-killing-reeva-steenkamp.html

Looks like he'll only serve around 10 months, and possibly in the prison hospital because of his 'disability'  !.

HOWEVER.......

It's pretty certain he'll be banned from competing in any more para-olympics etc !!!

It's pretty certain he'll be banned from competing in any more para-olympics etc !!!

I'm not so sure, I think we could well see him in 2016!

It will all rest with the organising bodies, but general concensus seems to be a banning.

I see that, strangely, Oscar Pistorius's planned release from prison on Friday, after serving ten months of his harsh five year sentence, has been suspended, the decision has now been sent back to the parole board for review, one of Pistorius's relatives told the Reuters news agency that they were "shocked and disappointed" at the news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33987669

Hope he rots in jail.

Anyway, he hasn't got a leg to stand on !!!!

:bolt:

Hope he rots in jail

That's rather harsh isn't it, he didn't kill his girlfriend purposely, if you heard what you thought to be an intruder in your house, particularly in South Africa, you would shoot first and ask questions later wouldn't you.

No, first thing I'd do is wake my wife and tell her I heard something and for her to stay where she is while I investigate. I don't believe for one minute he went to the bathroom believing he had just left his girlfriend in bed next to him.

Well said Hookey and Cuppa.

This was an out and out case of deliberate murder.

He's that lucky, (being white), that he gets a conviction of 'manslaughter'.  His last half of his sentence to be served under house arrest.  The actual prison sentence to be served in the prison hospital.

Had he been black and his girlf-friend white, he would have probably been sentenced to death.

It's a funny old world.

I'm still not convinced either way,simply because of the state of South Africa and the horrendous murder and burglary crimes that do happen.

It would heighten anyone's paranoia living in a society where it was so easy to be a victim of violent crime like that

That's a fair point and had reeva come in late and gone straight to the bathroom unannounced then I would have had no problem with Oscar's story and would be arguing on here for his innocence. However, she was already in the house and Oscar (no disrespect to disabled people here) would have not had been able to move as quickly as someone without that disability, giving him extra vital seconds to think about the situation. Something to me doesn't add up.

The question is, now that the verdict has been reversed to "Murder", will he go back to prison ?

South Africa still have some funny ways their legal people deal with the two colour races.

Fair point, heard he might get 15 years and be out in 3.

That sounds about right to me, Cuppa !!

My point above was that had he been of an 'ethnic' race, and killed a person of European appearance, (rather clever, eh ? Don't want to offend any PC people), he could well have been sentenced to death.

I'm afraid the outcome will be along the lines of....  'One rule for us, and one rule for them'.

Where IS Rhodsey when you want him to make a 'valuable' contribution ??

Edited by Big J R

(Not Rhodes, obviously)

And I thought you were going to stand bail for Rhodsey, Cuppa !!

:bolt:

Loose has gone missing and Rhodes has gone quiet - Hmmmmm...

I told everyone, Cuppa !!

It's alien abduction !