Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Oscar Pistorius

Hope he rots in jail

That's rather harsh isn't it, he didn't kill his girlfriend purposely, if you heard what you thought to be an intruder in your house, particularly in South Africa, you would shoot first and ask questions later wouldn't you.

No, first thing I'd do is wake my wife and tell her I heard something and for her to stay where she is while I investigate. I don't believe for one minute he went to the bathroom believing he had just left his girlfriend in bed next to him.

Well said Hookey and Cuppa.

This was an out and out case of deliberate murder.

He's that lucky, (being white), that he gets a conviction of 'manslaughter'.  His last half of his sentence to be served under house arrest.  The actual prison sentence to be served in the prison hospital.

Had he been black and his girlf-friend white, he would have probably been sentenced to death.

It's a funny old world.

That's a fair point and had reeva come in late and gone straight to the bathroom unannounced then I would have had no problem with Oscar's story and would be arguing on here for his innocence. However, she was already in the house and Oscar (no disrespect to disabled people here) would have not had been able to move as quickly as someone without that disability, giving him extra vital seconds to think about the situation. Something to me doesn't add up.

• 3 months later...

The question is, now that the verdict has been reversed to "Murder", will he go back to prison ?

South Africa still have some funny ways their legal people deal with the two colour races.

Fair point, heard he might get 15 years and be out in 3.

That sounds about right to me, Cuppa !!

My point above was that had he been of an 'ethnic' race, and killed a person of European appearance, (rather clever, eh ? Don't want to offend any PC people), he could well have been sentenced to death.

I'm afraid the outcome will be along the lines of....  'One rule for us, and one rule for them'.

Where IS Rhodsey when you want him to make a 'valuable' contribution ??

Edited by Big J R

Loose has gone missing and Rhodes has gone quiet - Hmmmmm...

I told everyone, Cuppa !!

It's alien abduction !

Do we actually know what has happened to Loosely, he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth which is out of character as he is usually so predictable, I'm quite worried!

Do we actually know what has happened to Loosely, he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth which is out of character as he is usually so predictable, I'm quite worried!

The forums certainly not the same without him. I hope loose is OK.