Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Final Might Move From Wembley

It was played their before the stadium was revamped though? Surely the chance of playing at Wembley is very attractive to clubs players and of course supporters?

Yet another example of the contempt the FA have for non league football. It seems to me that all the top brass really care about are the top four or five clubs, and about twenty other clubs who make the Premiership viable.

To be fair though, non league football needs to get its act together as we appear to be doing a better job in screwing football at our level than the FA ever could.

A very good shout SG24, and I can't fault Alan's comment.

IF it does move, it should move to Villa Park/St. Andrews/Molineux/The Hawthorns. Easier access for those Northern sides rather than spend hours (and a small fortune) travelling to London.

A very good shout SG24, and I can't fault Alan's comment.

IF it does move, it should move to Villa Park/St. Andrews/Molineux/The Hawthorns. Easier access for those Northern sides rather than spend hours (and a small fortune) travelling to London.

IMO going to watch your team at Wembley is a once in a lifetime thing for most non league supporters and any attempt to move it should be resisted at all costs. Having watched Romford play at Highbury and a few other league grounds, and Dagenham play at Wembley, I know its just not the same.

The FA make enough money, they should absorb any loss. The point is to give guys at that level 'the day' and their moment in history etc..So is money all that is about is it? Unbelievable. Great shout on double header. Once again the FA showing their contempt for everyone except the top 4 clubs in the country

I think the venue should be decided once the finalists are known, clearly the FA are spot on and it shouldn't be at Wembley as some of the attendance figures have been laughable. Imagine, for example, if last seasons final between Dunston UTS and West Auckland had been played at St James Park, it would have been a 52,000 sell out.

I think the venue should be decided once the finalists are known, clearly the FA are spot on and it shouldn't be at Wembley as some of the attendance figures have been laughable. Imagine, for example, if last seasons final between Dunston UTS and West Auckland had been played at St James Park, it would have been a 52,000 sell out.

Football at all levels is about dreams, and all players and supporters dream of their day out at the home of football. IMO it would be wrong and immoral to destroy the dreams and aspirations of so many people who get involved in the game through love and not the massive financial rewards enjoyed by the so called big boys.

Missunderstood - If you had asked Dunston UTS and West Auckland where they would have preferred to play the Final last year, at Wembley or St James Park, we all know what their answer would have been.

• 2 months later...

Surprise, surprise, the usual poor crowd then at the Spennymoor v Tunbridge Wells Final on Saturday, when will the FA learn that playing the FA Vase Final at a Premiership Stadium inbetween the two finalists, such as Villa Park or the Ricoh Arena in this case, will guarantee a far better attendance

Surprise, surprise, the usual poor crowd then at the Spennymoor v Tunbridge Wells Final on Saturday, when will the FA learn that playing the FA Vase Final at a Premiership Stadium inbetween the two finalists, such as Villa Park or the Ricoh Arena in this case, will guarantee a far better attendance

An interesting question, Rhodsey.

Grand-Mother and Sucking-Eggs, springs to mind !!

:ph34r:

That's a guarantee, right?

16,000 people for a non-league game sounds pretty good to me. Would Tunbridge Wells have sold as many tickets as they did if the game was in Coventry? Of course they wouldn't, nowhere near.

Who wants to be sent to Coventry anyway? ;)

I guess after Blackppol failed to sell all their tickets for the Championship play off they should move that game too.  Or how about the Semi final of the FA Cup after Wigan failed to seel their allocations ?

Very true Oli, although I hope one day a non league club throws the form book out of the window and goes on to win the FA Cup.

That would really shake things up!