Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

JUDGEMENT NIGHT Tuesday 26th Feb

bobuk

Epsom v Windsor

Egham v Guernsey

The biggest night of football this season takes place on Tuesday I would of thought Epsom would want an Egham win and would think Egham and Guernsey would both settle for a point each against eachother. The team with the biggest amount of pressure on them is Guernsey and it will be interesting to see how they perform against a good Egham side. Epsom you would have to favour but that run will end soon I'm sure and Windsor who lost on Saturday will be looking to bounce back. Harris is there talisman but I understand he has been injured.

A very good evening in store

Even without Harris for the last 6 (?) weeks Windsor have kept on winning.

5 injuries and a suspension meant we were a little weakened against Molesey but still played well and deserved a point.

No idea whether any of the injured players will be back on Tuesday but without them Epsom will be a very big test for our young team. We keep on improving and surprising people but I wouldn't be approaching the game with confidence of getting a result without reinforcements to Saturday's squad.

Seeing as Egham is only just up the road I might actually take in that game rather than operate a tight (motorway reliant) schedule and try getting to Epsom. Should be an absolute cracker.

Certainly won't be a decider either way. If Egham win, Guernsey could still overhaul them by winning the games in hand, and if Guernsey win, well it would make them favourites but obviously they still have all the games in hand in a short space of time, still to face the likes of South Park, Cove, E & E, Windsor and Badshot.

The main thing is the psychology that could come out of it. Guernsey could halt Egham's winning run, get closer with all the games in hand and would have a scalp from one of the big boys, and if Egham win, Guernsey could feel that even with all the games in hand, it would be a big ask to win them all with the gap widening by three points

I'll be there, provided the referee doesn't decide he doesn't fancy it and calls it off of course.

Even with Epsom's run, I think it would take a catastrophic collapse from Guernsey or Egham for Epsom to finish in front of them, as well as E & E have been going recently.

Edited by Green Lion

Match on Friday has been postponed following the result in the Walsall Wood v Runcorn Vase match. The game on the Sunday is off too.

As a result of our trip and Cove's trip to Guernsey being called off we will go to Cove this Saturday instead so we face two difficult games against teams well up the form table and the actual table too.

I had heard that Harris was out for the season for Windsor which is a big loss. Still, as they have not applied for promotion this year, I'm sure he'll be more use to them next season instead, where they will surely be one of the favourites.

I've looked at this impending Egham v Guernsey game for a while now and I'm still not sure what result I want out of it!

If I was certain that two would go up (which is looking more and more likely, by the way) I think I'd want Egham to win, as Guernsey will probably get beyond Walsall Wood and two more matches will have to be played midweek as a result. This will really test the squad as three games each week will be required in April, and that's assuming the weather doesn't have a say again.

I say this because I believe that Egham are narrow favourites to win the title at this point. If only one went up, I'd be hoping for a Guernsey win instead! Right now I'd be happy for us to finish above one or other of them as I think that would be good enough.

That said, what happens in that match is largely irrelevant if we drop points ourselves. If we can get two wins against Windsor and Cove then I think we can go the distance. The winning run is great fun for stattos like me and hopefully for local businesses who might notice what we're doing and want to get involved, but it will count for nothing if we end up third or lower this season.

The only certainty is the league won't be won or lost in February or March unless one of the three contenders falls apart ! Busy run-ins can work in your favour as can long unbeaten runs because you'll find you don't have so many players on the treatment table as they want to be part of it and fear losing their place should they get injured so they'll play on whereas at other times they would be seeking treatment for niggling knocks.

Harris is a big loss of course but it's also been a bit of a blessing as when he plays we've been a bit one-dimensional so we've been able to experiment with formations and giving other players the opportunity to play up front and up until last Saturday Gould and Lazarczuk had each scored in our last five games !

Talking about us being favourites for next season is questionable though as the first thing we'll need to do is keep the squad we have along with a few additions and that won't be at all easy going by the amount of sniffing some of our local step 4 clubs are doing around our players at present !

Looking forward to tomorrow night though as it should be a decent game and with at least three of Saturday's absentees back in the team we should be a bit stronger.

Match on Friday has been postponed following the result in the Walsall Wood v Runcorn Vase match. The game on the Sunday is off too.

Considering the problems with the WW pitch, I assume they will be doing a very very early pitch inspection for you?

Edited by bomaya

I hope so! Not sure of our travelling arrangements, waiting to hear. Would really like to get across and see this match.

Certainly won't be a decider either way. If Egham win, Guernsey could still overhaul them by winning the games in hand, and if Guernsey win, well it would make them favourites but obviously they still have all the games in hand in a short space of time, still to face the likes of South Park, Cove, E & E, Windsor and Badshot.

The main thing is the psychology that could come out of it. Guernsey could halt Egham's winning run, get closer with all the games in hand and would have a scalp from one of the big boys, and if Egham win, Guernsey could feel that even with all the games in hand, it would be a big ask to win them all with the gap widening by three points

I'll be there, provided the referee doesn't decide he doesn't fancy it and calls it off of course.

Even with Epsom's run, I think it would take a catastrophic collapse from Guernsey or Egham for Epsom to finish in front of them, as well as E & E have been going recently.

I'll be in attendance as well GL. I too was en-route to the late postponed fixture. Having seen both teams recently, I just favour Egham 'cos being at home, It depends, and I do wonder what squad Guernsey can get out tomorrow night ?

As a result of our trip and Cove's trip to Guernsey being called off we will go to Cove this Saturday instead so we face two difficult games against teams well up the form table and the actual table too.

I had heard that Harris was out for the season for Windsor which is a big loss. Still, as they have not applied for promotion this year, I'm sure he'll be more use to them next season instead, where they will surely be one of the favourites.

I've looked at this impending Egham v Guernsey game for a while now and I'm still not sure what result I want out of it!

If I was certain that two would go up (which is looking more and more likely, by the way) I think I'd want Egham to win, as Guernsey will probably get beyond Walsall Wood and two more matches will have to be played midweek as a result. This will really test the squad as three games each week will be required in April, and that's assuming the weather doesn't have a say again.

I say this because I believe that Egham are narrow favourites to win the title at this point. If only one went up, I'd be hoping for a Guernsey win instead! Right now I'd be happy for us to finish above one or other of them as I think that would be good enough.

That said, what happens in that match is largely irrelevant if we drop points ourselves. If we can get two wins against Windsor and Cove then I think we can go the distance. The winning run is great fun for stattos like me and hopefully for local businesses who might notice what we're doing and want to get involved, but it will count for nothing if we end up third or lower this season.

E&E I'd be very surprised if Ben Harris will stay at Windsor, he'll be sort after during close season, especially as Windsor don't pay their players.....cough, cough ;) !!!

The Llama Airlines flight flies direct to Birmingham International and we return home the same day.