Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town 1-3 City

Poor game at RPS today, 1-0 down after 18mins due poor marking but well worked goal. 2-0 down stick on penalty shortly after Perry had the miss of the season or any other season, somehow only getting a slight touch on the ball and seeing it dribble wide when faced with an open goal and a simple tap in from 4 yards out,,,

Kofi played a "one,two" off the post from a yard out to make it 1-2 on 40mins...

Not much happened in the 2nd half, Chris Robinson came on got in a mix with Macca the header back falling short and our keeper was chipped on 84mins....

Not quite sure why Jack Mullen was wide left when we we had Ed and Joe on the bench or Bairoh at right back where he possibly had one his most average games for us....

Still it's not easy only being a humble Town taking on a mighty City

....although, apparently, Guildford is still a town as it hasn't had the royal charter, similar to Chelmsford. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

The only time City's keeper really had to work was when clearing that thunderous pass back by his number ten, who apologised immediately.

I felt very positive before the game as on paper we were sending out a strong side. Bairoh, Mark Bitmead, Perry and Ed Thomas were back from injuries and Jacob was also in the starting line up.

We were OK early on and the game could have taken a different course if Perry had taken his golden opportunity.(Maybe Perry shouldn't have started as he had to go off with a recurrence of his ankle injury)

However as the match wore on it became apparent that there was a lack of balance in the team, Bairoh was struggling at right back, Jack was struggling on the left and Joe could have been more effective on the right when he came on with 20 to go.

As well as the disjointed nature of the team, they seem to be low on confidence, which is also affecting the atmosphere among supporters. Our followers were unusually quiet especially in the 2nd half.

Good footage, that. The first goal was actually well worked, though our defence could have done with being more mobile at the time.

Interesting to see the ground from a different viewpoint - I nearly always stand on the opposite side.

We really miss the conifers behind The Tank End to the left (neighbours Esso cut them down in the summer) - they gave the ground a more enclosed, forest-like effect and made the surroundings look less like Canvey Island! :D

Archived