Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight at Flackwell

Fuzzy Royal

It is the bitter taste of defeat that sits heavy in my mouth, but the players gave everything, we played some good football at times and the match was entertaining from start to finish.

It is fair to say it was an even match with Windsor probably having the majority of the chances, Flackwell's keeper pulled off some very good saves and we could have won it at the death but of course with Tom Mudge having given Windsor a chance early on with an own goal it was another ex Windsor player in Jon Case who scored the with probably Flackwell's last kick of the game.

I hope the players don't let this hit them too hard, we came so close at 2-2 to win the game and the save from Laza that the keeper tipped around the post with about 5 mins left showed possibly the difference between the teams. But you would be hard pushed to find a player who hadn't given his all. I would say well done to Mick for putting a team together that can get this close, it will come and with a slight squad strengthening they will be pushing for silverware next year.

Flackwell did exactly want they had to do to win the game, they scored three times away from home in a cup semi final, that normally leaves you deserving to win. Good luck to them in the final

There's always next year.....

Archived