Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading (Steps 4, 5 and 6)

Let me stress that no decisions have been made as yet. Following inspections on Thursday at Eversley & California, Frimley Green and Mole Valley (Cobham) the reports will be before the Management Committee on Monday 8 April and decisions will be made at that meeting. These will then be conveyed to the clubs involved and will doubtless be on here very soon afterwards.

I can confirm that inspections at various Premier Division grounds which were completed on Tuesday went well. Ash United, Chessington & Hook United, Colliers Wood United, Cove, Dorking and Hanworth Villa have all done the work required by the Football Association following inspections last year and all six have been recommended to the FA's Technical Panel for their Grade F's to be confirmed. We have asked for some work to be done at one or two of the clubs in the close season but this largely involves "tidying up" and does not impinge upon the grading.

The reason I presume Frimley know,is that they have Friends in high places,including the CCL League.The most biased Ref,I have ever seen in 10 years of Non League watching,happens to be a CCL Committee Member,4 games in 8 days tells a story too.You chaps must learn to read between the Lines.

Let me stress that no decisions have been made as yet. Following inspections on Thursday at Eversley & California, Frimley Green and Mole Valley (Cobham) the reports will be before the Management Committee on Monday 8 April and decisions will be made at that meeting. These will then be conveyed to the clubs involved and will doubtless be on here very soon afterwards.

I can confirm that inspections at various Premier Division grounds which were completed on Tuesday went well. Ash United, Chessington & Hook United, Colliers Wood United, Cove, Dorking and Hanworth Villa have all done the work required by the Football Association following inspections last year and all six have been recommended to the FA's Technical Panel for their Grade F's to be confirmed. We have asked for some work to be done at one or two of the clubs in the close season but this largely involves "tidying up" and does not impinge upon the grading.

Thanks lazarus - I did know but the club decided to remain silent until the League made it 'official' !

We were visited on Tuesday and, as far as I know, all the previous issues have been resolved.

The Wibbandune pitch repairs start on Monday 15th April by the way.

Chris, how come Sunday teams can play on the pitch yet you can't? Played there this morning and didnt seem much wrong with the pitch!!

What is the situation re ground grading does the work have to be complete?

Was at eversley yesterday and floodlights in place, covered standing area in the car park and pitch does not have a perimeter fence round it.

Does this mean they can't pass the grading?

Seeing on twitter that eversley can't go up if they finish top 3! That's horrible and I personally know how they feel! Gutted for sav and the team!

We were advised today via email that the league management committee felt that we did not reach the full requirements of Grade G.

Slightly bizarrely they did not state why we failed. We have been told that we can appeal accordance with rule 17. However obviously we can not appeal if we do not know what specifically they have failed us on.

Once I have futher information, I will happily discuss further on here.

We were advised today via email that the league management committee felt that we did not reach the full requirements of Grade G.

Slightly bizarrely they did not state why we failed. We have been told that we can appeal accordance with rule 17. However obviously we can not appeal if we do not know what specifically they have failed us on.

Once I have futher information, I will happily discuss further on here.

lights Stand or Fence did you even try or was it just wishful thinking

Genuinely disappointed for all at Eversley. I see from Mr Fixit post above that there was no perimeter fence around the pitch which if true would be a major factor. Was it just a case of moving the fence they had in place before the pitch was re-sited or is a new perimeter fence required?

Our view is that paragraph 2 of section 1.4 applies. The ground is fully surrounded by private land.

I would be interested to know how other clubs have gained G and F grades with boundary fences set back from the pitch.

We are awaiting clarification if this was a reason for the fail

No chickens counted on the top three finish obv but that ground is good enough for the prem surely?? People pay to watch good games and players want to play football on that surface! Funny thing is I'm not shocked at all! All you hear is the F.A wanting more people to play the game but they put obstacle after obstacle in the way. We wore white socks with blue stripes on the other week and weren't allowed blue tape but you can wear pink boots?? (not me I might add) Good thing I've got hours of my own time to track down the right tape during the season. Nothing to do with ground gradings I know but they just seem to be consistant at making sh!t decisions and alienating fans and players from the game. I really hope Frimley got through and Westfield too! Well anyone who finishes in the top 3 really or nobody moves again?? Shambles

Our view is that paragraph 2 of section 1.4 applies. The ground is fully surrounded by private land.

I would be interested to know how other clubs have gained G and F grades with boundary fences set back from the pitch.

We are awaiting clarification if this was a reason for the fail

Daniel that section concerns ground boundaries - it is section 1.7 that details the pitch perimeter fence viz:

1.7 Pitch Perimeter Barrier

Subject to the provisions detailed below, there must be a permanent fixed barrier ideally 1.1 m high as measured from the spectator side, of sound construction (eg concrete and steel) and free from all sharp edges, surrounding the pitch on all sides that may be occupied by spectators. Existing

barriers/rails not at 1.1m high may be acceptable, provided they meet the requirements set out in 1.7 of the Appendix. The barrier, if other than solid wall type of construction may be infilled.