Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading (Steps 4, 5 and 6)

Green fingers - we have a post and rail on all four sides of the pitch. That definitely passed the inspection.

We had the move the pitch and barrier to accommodate the floodlights. This was completed a few weeks ago

Edited by danielpjn

Green fingers - we have a post and rail on all four sides of the pitch. That definitely passed the inspection.

We had the move the pitch and barrier to accommodate the floodlights. This was completed a few weeks ago

Daniel my post was based upon Mr Fixits comment above viz: "Was at eversley yesterday and floodlights in place, covered standing area in the car park and pitch does not have a perimeter fence round it"Clearly it does, so perhaps he was referring to a ground boundary fence therefore a similar issue to GFC?

Whatever the issue I hope you win any appeal

I believe it is a very similar issue. However they were granted the grading. There are other clubs where the boundary is set back from the pitch as well.

Inconsistency is an issue with the current grading process.

Which pitches don't have a perimeter fence at all, either directly beside pitch or set further back?

Isn't it to be able to stop random people being able to watch the match?

Am just curious and wondered if there were others without an enclosed ground like eversley, then why wouldn't they get the grading.

I'm confused! Easily done I know! So the league have not given Eversley the ground grading but haven't explained to them the reasons for why? Is this for real, I can't get my head round that.

Out of curiosity I stopped by their ground on the way home earlier, having not been able to get to any games of late. They have done an incredible amount of work since I was last there and I'm amazed that they have failed the inspection, what planet are the FA on (or is it the CCL?).

For reference there are 6 floodlights installed and hard standing around the whole of the pitch (there is also metal railing around the perimeter which has always been there as far as I am aware). There is a paybox (well a shed at least but ticks the box) and separate walkways for players and spectators. The carpark now has lights and there is also lighting on the indoor cricket nets building which light up the respective walkways.

There appears to be a large concrete base area where I believe the current seated stand will be relocated, the new covered accommodation stand is still in the car park but will presumably will also be located to the the concrete area.

The pitch has been moved slightly but the condition looked very impressive still, got to be one if the best playing surfaces in both divisions!

So the question is....why exactly has the ground failed?? This still isn't clear and i personally think the league have made a big mistake here.

Cookie - we believe our boundary is the boundary of the complex. Similar to other grounds that have other pitches within their grounds. An example would be Bedfont Sports (they may have enclosed the main pitch since I last visited though)

Cookie - we believe our boundary is the boundary of the complex. Similar to other grounds that have other pitches within their grounds. An example would be Bedfont Sports (they may have enclosed the main pitch since I last visited though)

Is that the reason why u think grading has failed?

Even though its private land, is there anyway of stopping random people walking across the playing fields?

There's railings down to the pitch now Cookie which usher you to the 'Payment Shed' Agree it not enclosed like a traditional football ground say but for the level we're talking about its a good enough ground for sure! Somewhere for the supporters to keep dry, get a warm drink and hot food. Decent showers and a great pitch for players.

The club has done wonders getting where it has so far and yes there are tweeks needed to make the ground better but common sense says it's good enough for Prem footy.

Can't see many people moaning about a visit to Eversley anytime soon be it Div 1 or Prem.

Team still has to finish in the top three so showing the other teams up there respect before counting chickens.

I'm not sure exactly why we failed at the moment.

I was trying to give the club's view on the boundary question. It's open to interpretation and we will have the open end fenced in before the end if the month anyway. We are unable to complete this until the stands are moved.

Only my view on things and at the end of the day it's the leagues/FAs that count

Such a shame about Eversley if true,decent,progressive Club.Many concerned with the Club have put their heart and soul,plus a large sum of money into vastly improving excellent facilities.Have always been of the opinion that the F.A.and League Committees,are so full of the Shirt and Tie Brigade,that they are killing the game stone dead.Why do Clubs not receive advice as to what is required,from the Shirts.Rather than them just taking their Fees and Fines,year in,year out.

Maybe it's worth an appeal to the FA?

I know it is a slightly different set of circumstances but there are similarities with Dorking Wanderers last season and they succeeded in an appeal.

It would be interesting to know the CCL's part in this. Was this their decision or the FA's at this stage?

Also, if it was the FA's decision, then whether the CCL have no input or whether they are asked for their opinions, or whether they actually have a larger input. Either way, there is too much secrecy going on for something like this which involves massive outlays for clubs at this level that can literally make or break them financially.

At this level especially a club should be able to clearly know whether their work will be good enough in advance.