Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Danny Stubbs

blueblood

You either love or dislike his style, there is no in between. I admit, I fall into the latter. Saying that I thank him for the honest efforts he as put in for the club. There is no doubting the energy and commitment he bought to the games. In that area he was 2nd to non,

I wish him well for the future.

Close to the mark there I think so don't hold your breath & I certainly wouldn't back against it.Weird why he should leave with us having our tails up. Work commitments? Ummmmm!

We'll see if that is the case by us not hearing that he has joined another club with almost immediate effect.

Am disappointed with this news but big thanks to him anyway.

Edited by Cookie

As most people know I have been a long time fan of Dan so am gutted he has left. However I wish him all the best for the future ( wont be surprised if its Maidstone as he lives there).

At least we have a couple of new midfielders in Brown and Hand which, going by their recent performances, will stand us in good stead.

Can only echo the above.

He gave us something different in midfield-'hunting down ' the opposition.

Got better every time-so when he comes back for his fourth spell-he will be an even better player.

Wish him well and grateful for hisd contribution to MFC.

Big re-structuring job to be done in midfield in the close season then.

He will be missed over the last 13 games of the season-as with Avo out, corneill maybe struggling againt injury-and hand and Brown only on loan and maybe also struggling a bit with injury and fitness-despite their obvious quality-the midfield looks under pressure again-Danny brought the energy of 'two' and again will be missed

Does this now make Matt Bodkin our longest serving???

Sorry Mark I think that honour now belongs to Dean Pooley, I am sure he joined us just before Bods.

Sorry Mark I think that honour now belongs to Dean Pooley, I am sure he joined us just before Bods.

Both Pooley and Bods signed in the summer prior to the 2011/12 season; Pooley in June, Bods in July, so just yes. Since then Pooley has made 77 starts and 2 sub appearances scoring 3, while Bodkin's numbers are 65, 16 and 9.

http://www.margate-fc.com/content/1st_team/squad.php?season=106 for the details.

I doubt the reason for him leaving, more likely to be he has assessed the situation and can see himself sitting on the bench for the rest of the season. In my opinion he showed on Saturday that he is not in the same class as our new boys, I believe he has improved this season but not enough to convince me he is what we are looking for to take us on to another level. Hope he finds another club quickly, his wages will now come in useful in some other way.

• 2 weeks later...

By a similar token-will sam long come back to haunt us on easter monday ?

(unless he is playing for dover ) -that did surprise me-as i thought he was class-albeit for whatever reason-went off boil-but CK did not give him many opportunities-then CK also signs him on dual reg. !!