Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

You Think You May Have A Fixture Pile Up

If you think your club is hard done by with all these midweek fixtures spare a thought for Guernsey

MARCH

Sun 17 South Park (Home)

Tues 19 Epsom & Ewell (Away)

Sat 23 Spennymoor Town (Home) (FA Vase Semi Final)

Tues 26 Rayners Park Vale (Away)

Sat 30 Spennymoor Town (Away) (FA Vase Semi Final)

APRIL

Mon 1 Windsor (Away)

Fri 5 South Park (Away)

Sat 6 Cove (Home)

Sun 7 Camberley Town (Home)

Tues 9 Fareham Town (Away)

Fri 12 Horley Town (Home)

Sat 13 Fareham Town (Home)

Sun 14 Rayners Park Vale (Home)

Tues 16 Hanworth Villa (Away)

Thur 18 Badshot Lea (Away)

Sat 20 Hanworth Villa (Home)

Sun 21 Chessington & Hook United (Home)

Wed 24 Colliers Wood United (Away)

Fri 26 Ash United (Home)

Sat 27 Molesey (Home)

Sun 28 Sandhurst Town (Home)

Tues 30 Bedfont Sports (Away)

MAY

Fri 3 Dorking (Home)

Sat 4 Hartley Wintney (Home) or FA Vase Final (Wembley)

Sun 5 Epsom & Ewell (Home)

Mon 6 Hartley Wintney (Home) (If in FA Vase Final)

Their groundsman is going to be having kittens over this!

May pop along to there away game against Bedfont Sports on the 30th of April.

That truly is mental. How are their (part time) players going to get to all those games? I feel sorry for the away teams having to go all that way in mid week. How has it been allowed to come to this? I hope they don't suffer anymore postponements.

That truly is mental. How are their (part time) players going to get to all those games? I feel sorry for the away teams having to go all that way in mid week. How has it been allowed to come to this? I hope they don't suffer anymore postponements.

That's the problem, no away teams are prepared to come midweek and the League will not force them to (despite earlier in the season promises). It was agreed at the start that they would only do this in exreme circumstances, I guess this is not extreme enough.

Edited by HKP

That's the problem, no away teams are prepared to come midweek and the League will not force them to (despite earlier in the season promises). It was agreed at the start that they would only do this in exreme circumstances, I guess this is not extreme enough.

The problem (albeit I accept in hindsight) is that the CCL did not schedule midweek fixtures in nine 'midweek periods' between August and the end of October.

It is 'claimed' three were left 'free' for potential FA Vase replays, and if that is correct there were six still Tuesdays / Wednesdays, when games could have been played.

That's the problem, no away teams are prepared to come midweek

Do you not think thats asking a lot from players that have jobs ? and family comitments ? most step 5 clubs would struggle to get 11 players over to Guernsey midweek ? i would think.

Agree it would not be ideal or easy, but the decision should have been made a couple of months ago to enable teams to be given as much notice as possible to their players. It was agreed when GFC entered the CCL that teams would only travel midweek in extreme circumstances. This was confirmed earlier this season, but now when pushed the League have gone back on their word.

Guernsey players have jobs and commitments too, its hardly fair on them to be asked to play Friday away, home on Saturday and Sunday and then away again on the Tuesday.

The problem (albeit I accept in hindsight) is that the CCL did not schedule midweek fixtures in nine 'midweek periods' between August and the end of October.

It is 'claimed' three were left 'free' for potential FA Vase replays, and if that is correct there were six still Tuesdays / Wednesdays, when games could have been played.

But Vase replays are usually the folllowing Saturday? Certainly I would think you would never have seen a Vase replay in Guernsey midweek.

But Vase replays are usually the folllowing Saturday? Certainly I would think you would never have seen a Vase replay in Guernsey midweek.

Generally it's only in the rounds after Christmas that they go to Saturday replays - before that they are midweek.

Every one has missed 2 key Factors in this backlog,that should of made CCL Folk wary of allowing Guernsey FC into the CCL in the first place.They happen to share with the Egg chasers at Footes Lane,so restricts when they can play,plus they waited over 3 months,to take any remedial action over the pitch.Secondly they are a very decent side,who because being a new side in the Pyramid last season,could not enter the Vase.So add in 8 more extra League fixtures,9 extra Vase games so far,problems could of been seen surely.

Every one has missed 2 key Factors in this backlog,that should of made CCL Folk wary of allowing Guernsey FC into the CCL in the first place.

Yes the CCL officals didnt do there home work did they.

Imagine if Guernsey were still in Division 1 this season.

Could Guernsey not have played some of there home games at a ground on the main land ?

Guernsey players have jobs and commitments too, its hardly fair on them to be asked to play Friday away, home on Saturday and Sunday and then away again on the Tuesday.

Agree.

The CCL clearly didnt think these problems would happen.

Is it true that all guernsey home games have exactly the same officials over the season? ...

Is it true that all guernsey home games have exactly the same officials over the season? ...

No.

We asked a club to play us on a Friday evening because of our ground issues etc and they said no to us and the league.

How can you force ANY club to travel to Guernsey midweek based on that???