Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman Relegation?

Either!

:D

Heard an interesting comment yesterday that Guernsey may be heading to Southern League south & west if promoted!

Southampton? Bristol? Exeter? Newquay?

Only one flight a day to Bristol and that is late morning/lunchtime, Exeter just a couple and only one direct and none to Newquay. Southampton would be better I guess. Why would we be sent there when the FA class us as being based at Gatwick?

Edited by HKP

we'd not be able to use Aurigny any more!

I believe we will be using Southampton before the season ends for some teams/matches because there are just not enough seats from Gatwick with so many games over the weekends.

Either!

Both Casuals got lovely pitches and grounds are decent so can only be good for the CCL. But Ryman Div 1 South is tight so could be any of 5-6 clubs. So who could be relegated to the CCL ? Including Walton and Corinthian Casuals, there is also Walton & Hersham, and Chipstead altho' they have games in hand. Horsham are the other team who will not be considered for the CCL then there is Tooting & Mitcham who are not out of the mire yet... so exciting stuff for the CCL as to who they may get.

As a matter of interest, with Woodford losing every game this season and conceding 154 goals so far, this must be a Southern League record ? Any anoraks out there who can confirm this...... VP, GF, E&E Fred ?

I heard that Woodford will want to go down a level anyway, but based in Northamptonshire they will not be considered for the CCL so what league will they be relegated to ?

So which club will be relegated to the CCL from the Rymans.... very interesting as the season comes to a close ?

Bad Guy, it is definitely a record.

From memory (for what mine's worth, only Berkhamsted, Malvern and I think Willenhall have had as bad records in the Southern League Central/Midlands in recent seasons). They've applied to the UCL for next season.

Cue Hook's finest with 'Adam, what has this got to do with the CCL you loon...'

I may have heard a whisper that one of our Prem clubs may have been approached by another Step 5 league to transfer over.

The Ormering boys have named that team as Sandhurst - would be an unorthodox way of avoiding the drop to step 6 but may open the door for one less team to be relegated.

Can't see why Sandhurst would prefer the Hellenic League personally. Isn't the Wessex League a better fit? Can someone with a better geographical knowledge of the area confirm? With so many local CCL clubs in their area though, it sounds like a rumour that would actually be commercial suicide.

As for the Royston rumour, surely no decisions could possibly be made on the construction of the top four steps until all the qualifying teams are known? The only issues that might be known in advance are whether a club is to take voluntary demotion like Sholing.

As for Guernsey, technically the FA could ask them to use any airport, but the logistics of this season would surely convince the powers that be to remain with them as a Gatwick based club. Less available flights would be a nightmare for them.

This means Ryman 1 South all day long assuming they do achieve promotion, as looks likely at this stage.

Bad guy, thank you for classing me in the same category as GF and VPCTFC. A great honour to wear the same anorak! I don't know the answer to your question though, but the final Southern League tables are obtainable on the web so I'm sure someone could confirm.

Edited by E&E Fred