Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prove it IDS

I know we all have at times strong opinions on the Benefit System and some claimants. At the same time we can be guilty of stereotyping huge numbers of diverse people with differing issues.

However Iain Duncan Smith who lives in a grace and favour mansion in Buckinghamshire courtesy of marrying into a bit of posh states that he could live on £53 if he had to.

Last time I had to was only for a few weeks and when I lived with my parents and even then it wasn't what I'd call easy.

The Conservatives want to promote the ideal of all being "in this" together, so if you feel like seeing if IDS means it there is a handy petition that needs signing. Let's see how he manages for a year eh?

https://www.change.o...lCyu_cURRDkCSro

There are some interesting points on this Blog but, at the end of the day, IDS is spot on as it’s easily possible to live on £53 a week, I regularly go around super markets for example at specific times and find loaves of bread for 10p and sandwiches for as little as 20p. All IDS is saying is that you cut your cloth in the current climate and live within your means:

http://boards.dailymail.co.uk/news-board-moderated/10255269-could-you-live-%A353-week-like-iain-duncan-smith-claims.html

Signed.

Not in favour of tax breaks for millionaires whilst decent hard working people have to pay through the nose.

Anyone with a butler and personal servants in this day and age will be the first ones for the guillotine comrade. Re-Education Camp at the least.

IDS is one of the genuine, down to earth, Politicians out there and has the best interests of our green and pleasant land at heart, unlike the majority of our unscrupulous MP’s

IDS is one of the genuine, down to earth, Politicians out there and has the best interests of our green and pleasant land at heart, unlike the majority of our unscrupulous MP’s

Not questionning any of that which may or may not be, just that as a man with four children I'm not so sure he'll be able to live on £53 a week.

You're a man with umpteen children Rhodesy, how much does it cost you to support them?

IDS,what tosh they utter,in it together do not make me laugh.They are certainly helping their friends out,with their 5% Corporation Tax cut,QUESTION FOR IDS where are these jobs,you keep on about.Funny how they do not take on the Pensioners?

You're a man with umpteen children Rhodesy, how much does it cost you to support them?

Loosely – There you go again, this isn’t about me living on £53 a week, it’s about IDS

Loosely – There you go again, this isn’t about me living on £53 a week, it’s about IDS

Simply asking your advice, honestly I don't know why you take offence so easily. Perhaps you are just a bit fragile.

£53 a week?

Maybe if you're 17 and living at home with your parents. Otherwise NO WAY.

You’re a man with umpteen children Rhodesy, how much does it cost you to support them?

Loosely – I just got the impression you were having a dig that’s all, you know full well I’m working so your question is irrelevant as we’re talking about the un-employed and ‘great unwashed’ surviving on £53 a week benefits

Loosely – I just got the impression you were having a dig that’s all, you know full well I’m working so your question is irrelevant as we’re talking about the un-employed and ‘great unwashed’ surviving on £53 a week benefits

No, sincerely I just thought we could benefit from your experience but I'll know better in future.

Okay, apology accepted, like I said this thread isn't about me, it's about IDS

Okay, apology accepted, like I said this thread isn't about me, it's about IDS

There was no apology Rhodes, if anything and if you were a man you'd be offering one.

As I said it was purely a perspective asked of you but since you cannot participate in a thread politely as I said, I'll know better in future. Such a shame that you cannot contribute and prefer to troll.

Loosely – I thought you had apologised so apologies. Okay, could you live on £53 a week, I don’t know what your personal circumstances are these days but you profess to be a man of the World so I’m sure you wouldn’t have a problem.

Loosely – I thought you had apologised so apologies. Okay, could you live on £53 a week, I don’t know what your personal circumstances are these days but you profess to be a man of the World so I’m sure you wouldn’t have a problem.

No, but I also don't have any children which was why I asked you the question to demonstrate as a comparison to IDS' situation which you seem to be determined to swerve.

Never mind, perhaps if Rhodes can stop trolling we can get back on topic with the news that since two days ago when the petition had quickly achieved 180,000 signatures the petition is now up to 400,000! Hopefully the petition will be handed in personally by the petition starter sometime next week perhaps we can get over the half million.

No, but I also don't have any children which was why I asked you the question

I'm sure there was more to it than that, why ask me and not The Mayor Of Simpleton, Smudge, Eastside Urchin or Missunderstood who have also posted on this thread

I'm sure there was more to it than that, why ask me and not The Mayor Of Simpleton, Smudge, Eastside Urchin or Missunderstood who have also posted on this thread

Never mind Rhodesy, You're off the list of posters worth interacting with for good.

I don't know if they have children however it is a matter of record that you have several. Not to worry though, you're not needed now.