Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 8th/9th/10th/11th April

I feel more for haringey away 3 nights in 4 at colney, Dunstable then tring good luck with that hope there players that have jobs have taken annual leave, do the league not know people have got jobs????

That is ridiculous midweek travels!!!

Maybe if he did change hes lifestyle that'd help him bulk out alilttle and be over 7stone aswel! I havent seen to much of him but always thought he was a winger?? Did that beardsmore play up top with him aswel when they got smashed yesterday or was you not there?

Yes he played up top - but I wasn't there!

Lewis Putman's three match suspension (as he was dismissed for serious foul play) begins 21 days from the offence and therefore he will miss Oxhey Jets final league game

Why do suspensions take so long to come into effect at this level? It almost seems like he has got away with it, just missing the last match of the season (and a minor cup final).

That's ridiculous! As if he isn't being punished at all! By the Hadley game his goals could have sealed it for them already!!!

As for the talk of why he didn't move on- I saw on Aylesbury's forum (yes I'm that sad, i read clubs forums) that Luton were interested but put off by his smoking routine? Maybe he wants to progress up the levels with Oxhey? They're easily southern league quality imo

The whole smoking thing (and beers by the dugout after he was dismissed yesterday) I think is very unprofessional, not many clubs would tolerate that- mind you Putnams obviously got the manager by the balls.

The whole smoking thing (and beers by the dugout after he was dismissed yesterday) I think is very unprofessional, not many clubs would tolerate that- mind you Putnams obviously got the manager by the balls.

Beer by the dugout? Is that allowed? I thought ground regulations banned beer outside of clubhouses?

Maybe he wants to progress up the levels with Oxhey? They're easily southern league quality imo

not many clubs would tolerate that- mind you Putnams obviously got the manager by the balls.

Surely he must have atleast 1 brain cell though and see they cant move up in that ground? Maybe thats the problem then if him and the manager keep touching each others balls!

Some serious wasted talent in this league such a shame!

Surely he must have atleast 1 brain cell though and see they cant move up in that ground? Maybe thats the problem then if him and the manager keep touching each others balls!

Some serious wasted talent in this league such a shame!

RB that actually made me lol!

Other wasted talent though? :s

RB that actually made me lol!

Other wasted talent though? :s

RBodge, it's BeardsWORTH. And Neutral, I think Beardsworth is probably one of the players RBodge is talking about. He is like Putnam's very own Emile Heskey. Every time I've seen Oxhey play he's looked class and makes 90% of Putnam's goals.

Was anyone at the Holmer game, I was close to going but couldn't get a babysitter, looks like I missed a hum-dinger! What happened?

Following taken from Holmer Green website

Saturday 6th April 2013

Holmer’s season was illustrated over the 90 minutes here. Good controlled football at times, but not throughout the game and coupled with plenty of defensive howlers. Hadley took the lead on 7 minutes when a through pass found Lett who toe-poked the ball high past Dan Little into the corner of the net, under no pressure from the Holmer centre-halves. The Greens tightened up after this, and gradually forced their way back into the game and created openings. On 36 minutes a flowing move through Joe Da Silva and Joe Gleeson put Dean Allen away. Without having to break his stride he was able to steer the ball into the goal. Hadley had been caught by the pace, and simplicity, of the move. Holmer was on top now, having had a few promising situations just before the equaliser. In time added on before the interval Michael Green strode forward and placed a precise cross on Allen’s head, and the top scorer did the rest. HT 1-2

From a corner in the first minute of the second period, da Silva picked up the loose ball outside the penalty area and lifted an accurate volley into the top of the Hadley net. Three minutes later the home ‘keeper mishandled another corner twice, and then clattered a Holmer forward in a futile attempt to get the ball.

Allen scored from the spot to give Holmer a three-goal lead. The Greens had now had 15 very good minutes either side of half-time, but this form was not to last! On 55 minutes Little was unable to intercept a near post corner, and after two Hadley headers it was 2-4. Five minutes later, allowing a home player time to set a shot up was punished by a superb unstoppable strike that went in off the post. Three minutes later, a foray through the middle of Holmer’s defence brought the scores level.

The Greens managed to stabilise; but the late substitution of da Silva (really to reward Cosmin Cristea for getting to Potters Bar by public transport) enabled Medfi to grab two late clinching goals.

Following taken from Hadley website

The first team put Thursday's defeat at Hertford Town behind them with a 6-4 home win over Holmer Green. We started brightly and took the lead early on with an excellent finish from this season's reserve team joint top scorer Christian Lett, in his first ever start for he 1st team. However after this good start, we took our foot off the pedal and Holmer began to get into the game. Our work rate dropped, our passing became sloppy, and it became clear that, despite changes to the starting line-up, our fourth game in seven days was taking it's toll. Our visitors equalised and then took the lead just before the interval, as we found ourselves 2-1 down at half time. The second half could not have started any worse for us as we found ourselves 3-1 down within minutes of the restart, following an excellent strike by a Holmer player that gave Adam Robinson no chance in goal. Our visitors then made it 4-1 soon after from the penalty spot, following a foul by keeper Robinson. Going 4-1 down however seemed to spark us into life and after a poor display so far, we started to really apply some pressure to the Holmer Green defence. Ivan Machedo scored a contender for goal of the season with a fantastic strike from the edge of the box to make it 4-2, before a Mark Dawson header then made it 4-3. We continued to dominate and pulled level through a Winston Taylor header. As the time passed by, it looked like the points might be shared until a floated cross from Hakim Medfai was misjudged by the Holmer Green keeper and flew into the top corner to give us a 5-4 lead. Medfai then scored his second of the game just before the final whistle to make the final score 6-4 after a much-improved second half performance.

Man of the match - Hakim Medfai

Edited by Karen Browne

Every time I've seen Oxhey play he's looked class and makes 90% of Putnam's goals.

Yeah hes def 1 of the SSML prem players iv seen and thought wasted at this level and could step up. Seems alittle joey barton attitude about him but he does create alot. Bit like Ben Butler (ducks) and also sam joliffe(tring) - creates shed loads and i dont think they get enough credit.

Yeah hes def 1 of the SSML prem players iv seen and thought wasted at this level and could step up. Seems alittle joey barton attitude about him but he does create alot. Bit like Ben Butler (ducks) and also sam joliffe(tring) - creates shed loads and i dont think they get enough credit.

#a fantastic talent, a key player for Utd, but wouldn't say he was ready for the next level-certainly not without veterans like williams, edgeworth and the ducks young centre back (willis?) around him. Some good individul talent at aylesbury, although they really are a 'team' team if that makes sense!!

#a fantastic talent, a key player for Utd, but wouldn't say he was ready for the next level-certainly not without veterans like williams, edgeworth and the ducks young centre back (willis?) around him. Some good individul talent at aylesbury, although they really are a 'team' team if that makes sense!!

That will be Jack Wood. Great young player who could easily make the step up.

Tuesday 9th April

(Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated)

PREMIER DIVISION

Hanwell Town v Colney Heath

Thursday 11th April

(Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated)

PREMIER DIVISION

Hanwell Town v Aylesbury United

Will be at both games looking forward to them. Should be a decent crowd against Aylesbury United on the Thursday.

That will be Jack Wood. Great young player who could easily make the step up.

ahhhh, name rings a bell now! He could make multiple steps up imo. Haven't seen anyone that good in the air at this level. Especially cnsdering he's only small!

GOAL: Hillingdon Borough 1 AFC Dunstable 0 (Reuben)

GOAL: Hillingdon Borough 2 AFC Dunstable 0

Edited by Karen Browne

Monday 8th April

PREMIER DIVISION

3-0 Colney Heath v Haringey Borough

2-0 Hillingdon Borough v AFC Dunstable

DIVISION ONE

7-0 London Lions v Langford (@ Hemel Hempstead Town FC)

Monday 8th April

PREMIER DIVISION

3-0 Colney Heath v Haringey Borough

Hope they are nice and tired for tomorrows game.

A Groundhoppers View

145. Monday 8 April 2013 – Spartan South Midlands Premier – Attendance: 38

Hillingdon Borough (white/blue/blue) 2 – 0 AFC Dunstable (red/red/red)

Scorers: Hillingdon Borough (No.7 19, AN Other 64)

Pitch: dry and dusty, grassless in the middle – Weather: cold, dry and windy

This was another game with an end of season feel and nothing on it to make either team play. Hillingdon Borough did their best with a goal in each half. AFC Dunstable gave little and were lucky not to concede more. Remarkably, this was a new ground, at the Middlesex Stadium, only a few miles from home. It had been deliberately saved to avoid another non-match at Kingstonian. Star Man: No.7 (Hillingdon Borough) – Café/Pub: McDonalds, High Street, Ruislip (6/10)

ahhhh, name rings a bell now! He could make multiple steps up imo. Haven't seen anyone that good in the air at this level. Especially cnsdering he's only small!

That's the problem though, his best position has turned out to be centre half and most teams at higher levels would overlook him because of his size. A bit like Daniel Mead - fantastic left back but pint sized!