Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RIP Margaret Thatcher

A marmite figure, if ever there was one - you either loved her or loathed her.

Very sad for her family though.

A post on another site sums up my feelings about her:

'Amongst all of the rhetoric, I can't help but say that her 2 biggest mistakes were not setting up a sovereign wealth fund post privatisation and also not retaining a significant shareholding for the tax payer in the utility companies.

I watched a documentary the other night on the Iranian embassy seige and the SAS soldiers said that she basically told them to go in and wipe them out. She certainly never held back in her decision making, be it right or wrong.'

Get real Basil-Don, I try to respect the dead but she was the most divisive leader to ever rule over us – creating the “I’m all right Jack”, “What’s in it for me” society, and created the un-controlled greedy capatilism society without regulation which has left us in this great financial crisis.

She also destroyed our manufacturing thinking that we could survive on services, put millions out of work and onto benefits, sold off and privatized all our utilities and everything else to win elections and we have all been paying every since thru massive hikes in household energy bills, not to mention selling off all the council houses on the cheap, not to mention beggars on every street and food banks every. She destroyed the economy to the point that her very own cabinet had to kick her out of office because she was unfit to govern. The hospitals were a shambles, crime was out of control, and she close down the mental institutions leaving there families and the public in great danger when they were denied medication and care.

Oh, she did a good job in the Falklands, brilliant but probably outweighed by the former!

Get real Basil-Don, I try to respect the dead but she was the most divisive leader to ever rule over us – creating the “I’m all right Jack”, “What’s in it for me” society, and created the un-controlled greedy capatilism society without regulation which has left us in this great financial crisis.

She also destroyed our manufacturing thinking that we could survive on services, put millions out of work and onto benefits, sold off and privatized all our utilities and everything else to win elections and we have all been paying every since thru massive hikes in household energy bills, not to mention selling off all the council houses on the cheap, not to mention beggars on every street and food banks every. She destroyed the economy to the point that her very own cabinet had to kick her out of office because she was unfit to govern. The hospitals were a shambles, crime was out of control, and she close down the mental institutions leaving there families and the public in great danger when they were denied medication and care.

Oh, she did a good job in the Falklands, brilliant but probably outweighed by the former!

Let us assume you are correct (which you are not BTW), why has the situation not been corrected over the last 23 years?

Is it because we then had to suffer years of mishandling of the country by Blair and Brown?

It is pathetic to blame actions of somebody 23 to 35 years ago! It smacks of somebody who just follows the labour party line and does not have a thought of their own. Very sad.

Margaret Thatcher RIP

(oh and I am not a Tory. Just someone with half a brain who does not follow others like sheep)

Let us assume you are correct (which you are not BTW), why has the situation not been corrected over the last 23 years?

Is it because we then had to suffer years of mishandling of the country by Blair and Brown?

It is pathetic to blame actions of somebody 23 to 35 years ago! It smacks of somebody who just follows the labour party line and does not have a thought of their own. Very sad.

Margaret Thatcher RIP

(oh and I am not a Tory. Just someone with half a brain who does not follow others like sheep)

I understand, the truth can hurt, but which part didn't you agree with Brains?

Oh, and I vote Monster Raving Loony but isn't that the same thing as voting Tory?

Horrible woman who created the "greed is good" society that is still ruining the country today. Destroyed our manufacturing base and the jobs that went with it, drove workers rights and conditions back to the stone age, and was the architect of the hated poll tax. Its never nice when someone dies, but in her case I personally wont be mourning her demise.

Horrible woman who created the "greed is good" society that is still ruining the country today. Destroyed our manufacturing base and the jobs that went with it, drove workers rights and conditions back to the stone age, and was the architect of the hated poll tax. Its never nice when someone dies, but in her case I personally wont be mourning her demise.

I feel sorry for ignorant people like yourself.

Still that is what certain political parties thrive off in the hope that they will be elected.

I understand, the truth can hurt, but which part didn't you agree with Brains?

Oh, and I vote Monster Raving Loony but isn't that the same thing as voting Tory?

clearly you are not brainy enough to actually understand logic LOL

was Thatcher responsible for some harmful policies ? absolutely and personally i thought the sinking the of the Belgrano was despicable but she has just died and normally when someone dies we concentrate on the positive contribution they have made.

i started work in 1980 in manufacturing and can remember the power in the hands of the trade unions,the reactionary,racist,self serving shop stewards, these werent unions there to advance the betterment of the working man they were there to nick another pound note and if that meant screwing the rest of the society then that was fine with them.we still see it today with the tube drivers and fire fighters,as back then try to find a tory as greedy and self serving as a union member.One thing Thatcher never was was a snob unlike so many of the Hampstead land Highgate lefties.

'IM ALRIGHT JACK' really should be the motto for the unions not the tories.

Edited by Basil-Don

I feel sorry for her family and friends - it's always painful to lose a loved one and I do respect the fact that the unions had got out of control. Other than that though, the short term policies like selling council houses and encouraging high street banks to get involved with the financial markets made short term gains but we are feeling (literially) the cost of that now.

I feel sorry for ignorant people like yourself.

Still that is what certain political parties thrive off in the hope that they will be elected.

Your half right Ralph, the Tory party do rely on stupid ill educated people like yourself who probably don't have a pot to piss in, or much hope of a decent future to continue to vote them into office by appealing to your lack of intelligence and bigotry.

I'm looking forward to Loosely's tribute, RIP.

Being a regular on the CCL part of this forum. I saw the "RIP Thatcher" and had to have a look. Personally I am glad to see the milk snatching, union crushing, murderous (the Belgrano was in international waters and heading away from the Falklands), homophobic (Section 28), greed-is-good, "there is no such thing as society" bitch come to the end of her nasty, sad and hateful life. Some call her a patriot - so why did she create such havoc in our manufacturing industries? I write as a gay, lefty leaning former sailor (at the time of the Falklands war) and former union rep. I can't wait to find out where she is buried so I can join the queue dancing on her grave. Now we have to put up with Right wing shitheads spouting the usual untruths about how great she was, and the BBC kowtowing to such crap by clearing the schedules tonight.

Being a regular on the CCL part of this forum. I saw the "RIP Thatcher" and had to have a look. Personally I am glad to see the milk snatching, union crushing, murderous (the Belgrano was in international waters and heading away from the Falklands), homophobic (Section 28), greed-is-good, "there is no such thing as society" bitch come to the end of her nasty, sad and hateful life. Some call her a patriot - so why did she create such havoc in our manufacturing industries? I write as a gay, lefty leaning former sailor (at the time of the Falklands war) and former union rep. I can't wait to find out where she is buried so I can join the queue dancing on her grave. Now we have to put up with Right wing shitheads spouting the usual untruths about how great she was, and the BBC kowtowing to such crap by clearing the schedules tonight.

if she hadnt had crushed the unions they would have continued to hold the country to ransom and crush the entire nation,im not right wing at all,im a freethinker,no bias left or right,its a shame you cant admit to the crimes of the union movement, instead you just post biased,cliche ridden nonsense.

It was people like you Tempestward and misunderstood that she crushed. Thank goodness.

Mind you I should feel sorry for missunderstood as he has to live in Romford - hardly the best place in the UK.

Edited by RalphC

if she hadnt had crushed the unions they would have continued to hold the country to ransom and crush the entire nation,im not right wing at all,im a freethinker,no bias left or right,its a shame you cant admit to the crimes of the union movement, instead you just post biased,cliche ridden nonsense.

And your bilge isn't? Typical threepenny Tory. Justify Section 28. Justify milk snatching. Justify murder.

It was people like you Tempestward and misunderstood that she crushed. Thank goodness.

Mind you I should feel sorry for missunderstood as he has to live in Romford - hardly the best place in the UK.

Given that I have said in my post that I am gay I would be within my rights to consider your reply as homophobic and therefore a hate crime. I will accept an apology if you have the balls to admit your error. The hatred in your reply is frightening.