Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

15/16/17/18 Results/Fixtures/A.O.B.

Smudge

It was the players mate who got hit with what looked like a cricket stump and one of them was wielding a iron bar but luckily the kid on the floor covered up well and wasn't to hurt, he is only 18 apparently.

The ref and players were petrified and never seen anything like it.

Sad day for the CCL.

Police called?

As a newcomer to the CCL, has the CCL EVER taken serious action against a club?

Steve apparently the player who got sent off called his mates and they came back into the ground with the weapons.

The CCL won't do anything, like always. I don't know If the police were called and as you can imagine the Lammas boys didn't stay around to find out. It looked like a sharpend up Cricket stump and like I said one of the lads got a right beating with it.

One word - disgraceful!

Handbags on the pitch fine , not right but it happens at times. But to get substituted , get changed and then leave the ground to get a couple of mates with a sharpened cricket stump is bang out of order.

Have to say this was just one Warlingham player and the rest of them couldnt believe what they saw either. Dont know if the police were called but everyone there knows that the ginger left back for Warlingham was the culprit so hopefully the least that happens is that he never plays football again at this level. Just dont need it! Luckily the young lad got up and walked away with just scratches and bruises.

I hope we get the 3 points though , anyone know the rule as we were in injury time?

Utter disgraceful, even at this late stage I believe the Police should be involved.

I hope we get the 3 points though , anyone know the rule as we were in injury time?

Going by another thread, its down to the League. I would hope that the result would stand.

As a newcomer to the CCL, has the CCL EVER taken serious action against a club?

Matters of Club, Player & Supporters discipline are firstly dealt with by the County FA (just as the FA would deal with similar issues if the Clubs involved were Football League etc.)

A side issue, and meaningless in the context of events but surely all cricket stumps are sharpened at one end otherwise it can't be put in the ground...

This is terrible news. I hope the victims (in particular the player who was hit) recover quickly -- there is obviously both a physical and emotional toil here. You don't take your boots to go play a game of football and expect to end up being battered on the floor with makeshift weapons. Of course, I'm just going by the postings on here at this point, and I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

I've officiated some feisty games on both the CCFL and elsewhere but, thankfully, have never had anything come _remotely_ close to the events described here, and for that I'm thankful. And that included refereeing some of the teams that have been touted as having a bit of a reputation...

If the game was already in injury time, surely the ref should have ended the game there and then?

I can't see this being played again, particularly at this stage of the season, for the sake of a couple of minutes.

If the game was already in injury time, surely the ref should have ended the game there and then?

Stoppage time is still time that has to be played. If, say, there were 5 minutes of stoppage time remaining at the time of an abandonment, then you could read that as having the same possibilities of having 5 minutes remaining in a game without stoppages, after 85 minutes. A lot could happen!

Jertezee reagardless if it was already sharp, it's a weapon for Christ sake what difference does it make, it weren't the only weapon. I remember Staines having a punch up in the stands with their reserve team a few years back. Always been a rivalry between th two teams but nothing as bad as this.

Jertezee reagardless if it was already sharp, it's a weapon for Christ sake what difference does it make, it weren't the only weapon. I remember Staines having a punch up in the stands with their reserve team a few years back. Always been a rivalry between th two teams but nothing as bad as this.

As I said "meaningless in the context of events"

Ok I'm not condoning any of the actions in the stands 4-5-1 but you seem to have forgotten that the guy who got beaten up with a broom handle ran onto the pitch during the scuffle in the 1st half along with the 2 girls!! Shouting that they were going to stab the player up in the car park!!! There are 2 sides to every story!' I spoke to redrup last night and with the Staines players in the bar after and apologised for what ha happened!!' There were no knifes involved either, also the ref sent off 2 wrong people our sub and the wrong twin