Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Historical info required

Can anybody out there help me with a few queries ?

- On the cover of your 77/78 programme there's a team photo - are Mick Johnson or Graham Byford in it ? If so which one's are they ?

- Does anybody know anything more about the above two players' time at Gravesend, games played, who they moved to next, etc ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick Johnson was a local lad from Wallace Park. He drank in the Coopers Arms with his brother Don. Played for the reserves and on a couple of occasions due to severe injury problems made it into the first team. Football wise, don't think that he came from anywhere or went anywhere. .

Cheers for your replies, should have mentioned I wanted the info so that I can update my Margate FC History website - www.margatefchistory.co.uk - I know that sounds very dull to you Fleet fans (and to most Margate fans !) but quite a few players played for both clubs, including Johnson and Byford, so they have profiles on the site.

Old Git - I've sent you a private message to say that we are talking about the same Graham Byford and if you could put me in touch with him that'd be great.

Thanks again

Jeff