Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Forget Chelsea, Come to Clapton

A huge thank you to everyone who made the trip to the Old Spotted Dog for last night's match against Hullbridge.

A narrow defeat but, in the great scheme of things at Clapton, does it matter that much? There are more important issues to resolve.

The official attendance was 81 which was not a bad effort for end of the season. Hopefully it bodes well for next season.

Thanks again.

Fantastic Support for Clapton in recent weeks, not just in numbers but non stop singing, flags the lot- unbelievable effort by those concerned and a massive Thank you from Clapton Management for the effort made. Has been the same for last 5 home games at at Mile End last week so hopefully no flash in the pan. Best support in the ESL since the days of Enfield Town in my reckoning.

Once again massive thanks to all who have worked so hard on the publicity side to make it happen.

Good to see the Spotted Dog revitalised on my recent visit,stick with Woodsy and he will get a decent team in time.

It's taken a hell of a lot of hard work to gain even the rather paltry 18 points Clapton have managed this season. To be fair the overall standard of the league seems to have been a lot higher this year, no gimmees whatsoever and I hope many agree that includes when playing Clapton. Players have stuck at it despite being at the bottom the majority of the season and have tried to play with the pride the shirt deserves.

Off the field you only have to look at the superb Supporters website and recent gates to see that things are slowly evolving in the right direction. The goodwill still shown towards a once great club has been staggering all season but has really taken off in recent weeks despite some patchy results.Checkout the crowd footage from the Supporters website and it speaks for itself.

Thanks for the kind comment from the Basildon camp, for me the best team we've played all season on their recent visit and contributed towards a great night of football at the Dog. Hopefully more to come next year if still in a job.

T

Good to see the Tons playing some good football certainly less direct than in recent seasons, i'm sure the Board can see the good work that Woodsy and others have put in there, in my opinion it would be stupid to make changes when you have everyone pulling in the right direction good luck.

Good to see the Tons playing some good football certainly less direct than in recent seasons, i'm sure the Board can see the good work that Woodsy and others have put in there, in my opinion it would be stupid to make changes when you have everyone pulling in the right direction good luck.

Thanks and same sentiments to you-let's hope they agree. Either way 100% put in by all at the club, Management, players and fans alike so hard to ask for more, will have to see what the future brings

hmm off field Clapton may be pulling in the right direction but off field they need to wake up and smell the coffee, the manager had over 24 games at Basildon last season WON 1 and left them bottom of the ESL, below cLAPTON , now he has had a full season at Clapton and will lead them to the bottom of the ESL with only 3 wins and his praises are being suing, are people afraid to speak the truth on this forum?

That is not progress that is regression , he is not using young players he is digging out players who have been around the ESL for years and are only good enough for the clubs he takes them to as they all go into hibernation until he gets another job and brings them back out of retirement. The club had a better record under Wilfred Thomas and his team of street footballers

I don't think people are oblivious to the results but one has to weigh up the situation as a whole.

Off the field, Clapton supporters (and not the club) are doing better.  There is more cohesion.  The recent influx of fans who have woken the place up has been refreshing and can only be good.

Otherwise, off the field, it is a debacle.  I have received at least one complaint from people who went to the match last week, The match was publicised through the efforts of the supporters club with a view of welcoming new interest and support.  As a consequence, the price of beer went up by 50%.  It's madness and as I was told, indicates that Vince "does not want new people at Clapton who can ultimately scrutinise his dealings"

However, that situation will resolve itself eventually.  It has been an experience finding out exactly what went on, and now, I know the lot.  It's not great but it's resolvable.

On the field, this decision is for Mr McBean as he currently holds the reins.  My personal view is that it is very difficult to field a team in the circumstances in which Clapton have found themselves in.  I am sure that if the Manager was given the budget at a few other ESL clubs, he would have done better.  I note your comment regarding Wilfred.

Let's be honest, up until very recently with the increased support, the onset of the supporters club and the scaffold brigade, playing for Clapton was not the most appealing  prospect.  This may change but things need to change off the field first.

Lets be honest, Clapton have bigger obstacles to climb off the field, than those on it.

Archived