Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
bomaya

Sat 27th 2013 scores/results etc

Daniel have you decided to appeal the decision not to award you the ground grading? Was hoping to get to the game against SK today but got held up at work - good win.

under 14s

The Decent U14 from the Surrey Youth League top division ?

If so our paths may have crossed this season :)

Daniel have you decided to appeal the decision not to award you the ground grading? Was hoping to get to the game against SK today but got held up at work - good win.

About time you nailed your colours chubby:) haha

He has been doing that most of the season loop ;)

Daniel have you decided to appeal the decision not to award you the ground grading?.

Good point CB,the deadline from what I recall you saying passed last week to appeal Dan, what did you (the club) decide?

Presumably even with Frimley promoted after yesterdays win and your decent run of form of late it would be a huge boost (or blow) to your players in the run in, whatever decision taken by your club as 2 promotion places are still very much up for grabs.

The club has taken the view that the FA are likely to support the leagues decision. Therefore we won't be appealing. We could have challenged the decision,but with a top 3 finish far from secure,it could have resulted in significant additional costs to the club.

We will have all of the recommendations sorted by the end of May. Then if the FA re-allocate clubs (to the Hellenic for example),we will be the next best placed club to fill any gaps.

The players and management have been superb since the disappointing news a few weeks ago. If promotion isn't going to happen this season,we'll just give it another go next year.

Irrespective of what happens,it's been a very good season. Strong league this season and we've competed at the top for most of the season.

Whats the point of appealing,when do Leagues ever change a decision.The more damning point is that the League take Fees off of all Member Clubs,so should act with a level playing field in regards of all decisions made.How some Clubs have a grading for step 5 amazes me,whilst other forward planning Clubs are denied.If it was my personal decision,I would up sticks and move to the Hellenic,where you would probably be better treated.Personally think the CCL Committee needs a big overhaul,some new blood attracted,with forward thinking ideas.A new Website would be a start,the current one is a disgrace,unchanged for all the time,I have been supporting the CCL,put to shame by other Step 5 League Websites.

Whats the point of appealing,when do Leagues ever change a decision.The more damning point is that the League take Fees off of all Member Clubs,so should act with a level playing field in regards of all decisions made.How some Clubs have a grading for step 5 amazes me,whilst other forward planning Clubs are denied.If it was my personal decision,I would up sticks and move to the Hellenic,where you would probably be better treated.Personally think the CCL Committee needs a big overhaul,some new blood attracted,with forward thinking ideas.A new Website would be a start,the current one is a disgrace,unchanged for all the time,I have been supporting the CCL,put to shame by other Step 5 League Websites.

The appeal would have been to the FA Smudge, so it wasn't about the League changing their decision, it would have been about their decision being overruled. Clearly Eversley didn't think that would happen probably because the original decision was correct. You cannot chose a new League either, even if they wanted to. You are placed in a League by the FA, whether you want to be there or not. Agree with your point on the official website - never use it these days other than to check out rules.

I forgot to mention that it was good to see Chris again yesterday although he looked none too happy. I couldnt work out if that was due to the result or the fact he now knows where his long lost brother got too ;)

I forgot to mention that it was good to see Chris again yesterday although he looked none too happy. I couldnt work out if that was due to the result or the fact he now knows where his long lost brother got too ;)

Behave yourself!!! :rolleyes:

Cambo 2-1 Wood report here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id11.html

Just to let you know the player who went off has dislocated his shoulder. Decent report.

The appeal would have been to the FA Smudge, so it wasn't about the League changing their decision, it would have been about their decision being overruled. Clearly Eversley didn't think that would happen probably because the original decision was correct. You cannot chose a new League either, even if they wanted to. You are placed in a League by the FA, whether you want to be there or not. Agree with your point on the official website - never use it these days other than to check out rules.

Accept the fact that it would be the F.A.who would decide,but on what do the CCL League base their decision to not grant a grading.Many Clubs have been promoted when in theory they are not up to scratch.Farnham for 1,many Clubs had no turnstiles,Farnham had not enough seats,an unguarded walk for Players/Officials to gain access from the changing room to the pitch,which was illustrated by the trouble v Dorking this year,but were granted promotion.WHY,seems to me that if your face fits,your O.K.

Accept the fact that it would be the F.A.who would decide,but on what do the CCL League base their decision to not grant a grading.Many Clubs have been promoted when in theory they are not up to scratch.Farnham for 1,many Clubs had no turnstiles,Farnham had not enough seats,an unguarded walk for Players/Officials to gain access from the changing room to the pitch,which was illustrated by the trouble v Dorking this year,but were granted promotion.WHY,seems to me that if your face fits,your O.K.

The CCL based their decision on compliance with the FA's grading document. Farnham already had the correct grade to be promoted (not sure whether that was from a League visit or previous FA one) - they then had to make further improvements including extra seats in order to stay at the higher level. Many Clubs have extended walkways from changing room to pitch - it's about how you make them safe for the small amount of time they are being used. I think you are in the minority with your views, the CCL do a good job for scant praise.

They take a Fee from all Member Clubs do they not,so should do a good job.Think though that the Club Reps on the Committee should be more proactive,or at least be listened too more.They are after all,right on the front line day in day out,they know the problems Clubs face.

Just to let you know the player who went off has dislocated his shoulder. Decent report.

Not surprised ... please pass on my best wishes

Guernsey 3 Sandhurst 2 from Guernsey TV

Bit of luck at last for GFC in a cracking second half. Fizzers unlucky + can be proud of their effort. Ross Allen Mk 2 MOM again.

Nailed ? Chubby ?

You'll make him cross.

Cross ? Chubby? Nailed ??

Hmmm - Now THERE's an interesting set of words to use in a sentence !!

I have no colours - both Eversley and Hartley are my 2 local teams so depending on the fixtures I tend to go there although there's lots more local(ish) teams who I go to regularly.

Anyway, what would happen if say Egham and Guernsey were promoted from the Prem, no teams were relegated down ftpm Step 4 and no teams were moved across by the FA....and the 3 top teams in Div did not have the required grading so could not be promoted - would the Prem go ahead with just 20 teams next season (currently its 22 I believe)?

I have no colours - both Eversley and Hartley are my 2 local teams so depending on the fixtures I tend to go there although there's lots more local(ish) teams who I go to regularly.

Anyway, what would happen if say Egham and Guernsey were promoted from the Prem, no teams were relegated down ftpm Step 4 and no teams were moved across by the FA....and the 3 top teams in Div did not have the required grading so could not be promoted - would the Prem go ahead with just 20 teams next season (currently its 22 I believe)?

"I believe?" It's called being able to count up to twenty-two.

Couldn't find the league table mate that's all, was writing from memory...... which is usually pretty shocking to be fair! Why don't you try answering the question rather than being a complete bell end.