Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 27th 2013 scores/results etc

bomaya

I forgot to mention that it was good to see Chris again yesterday although he looked none too happy. I couldnt work out if that was due to the result or the fact he now knows where his long lost brother got too ;)

Behave yourself!!! :rolleyes:

Cambo 2-1 Wood report here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id11.html

The appeal would have been to the FA Smudge, so it wasn't about the League changing their decision, it would have been about their decision being overruled. Clearly Eversley didn't think that would happen probably because the original decision was correct. You cannot chose a new League either, even if they wanted to. You are placed in a League by the FA, whether you want to be there or not. Agree with your point on the official website - never use it these days other than to check out rules.

Accept the fact that it would be the F.A.who would decide,but on what do the CCL League base their decision to not grant a grading.Many Clubs have been promoted when in theory they are not up to scratch.Farnham for 1,many Clubs had no turnstiles,Farnham had not enough seats,an unguarded walk for Players/Officials to gain access from the changing room to the pitch,which was illustrated by the trouble v Dorking this year,but were granted promotion.WHY,seems to me that if your face fits,your O.K.

Accept the fact that it would be the F.A.who would decide,but on what do the CCL League base their decision to not grant a grading.Many Clubs have been promoted when in theory they are not up to scratch.Farnham for 1,many Clubs had no turnstiles,Farnham had not enough seats,an unguarded walk for Players/Officials to gain access from the changing room to the pitch,which was illustrated by the trouble v Dorking this year,but were granted promotion.WHY,seems to me that if your face fits,your O.K.

The CCL based their decision on compliance with the FA's grading document. Farnham already had the correct grade to be promoted (not sure whether that was from a League visit or previous FA one) - they then had to make further improvements including extra seats in order to stay at the higher level. Many Clubs have extended walkways from changing room to pitch - it's about how you make them safe for the small amount of time they are being used. I think you are in the minority with your views, the CCL do a good job for scant praise.

They take a Fee from all Member Clubs do they not,so should do a good job.Think though that the Club Reps on the Committee should be more proactive,or at least be listened too more.They are after all,right on the front line day in day out,they know the problems Clubs face.

About time you nailed your colours chubby:) haha

Nailed ? Chubby ?

You'll make him cross.

Cross ? Chubby? Nailed ??

Hmmm - Now THERE's an interesting set of words to use in a sentence !!

I have no colours - both Eversley and Hartley are my 2 local teams so depending on the fixtures I tend to go there although there's lots more local(ish) teams who I go to regularly.

Anyway, what would happen if say Egham and Guernsey were promoted from the Prem, no teams were relegated down ftpm Step 4 and no teams were moved across by the FA....and the 3 top teams in Div did not have the required grading so could not be promoted - would the Prem go ahead with just 20 teams next season (currently its 22 I believe)?

I have no colours - both Eversley and Hartley are my 2 local teams so depending on the fixtures I tend to go there although there's lots more local(ish) teams who I go to regularly.

Anyway, what would happen if say Egham and Guernsey were promoted from the Prem, no teams were relegated down ftpm Step 4 and no teams were moved across by the FA....and the 3 top teams in Div did not have the required grading so could not be promoted - would the Prem go ahead with just 20 teams next season (currently its 22 I believe)?

"I believe?" It's called being able to count up to twenty-two.

Couldn't find the league table mate that's all, was writing from memory...... which is usually pretty shocking to be fair! Why don't you try answering the question rather than being a complete bell end.

This made my chuckle on a Monday morning. Thank you Chubby

I know that

Bit of luck at last for GFC in a cracking second half. Fizzers unlucky + can be proud of their effort. Ross Allen Mk 2 MOM again.

Well what a game to be involved in!! I know its all friendly banter but Guernsey get some stick at times on this site at times, but I can honestly say that all at Sandhurst take their hats of to them. Whilst we had the 'not so good hotel' it was clean and more than good enough, the hospitality at the club was brilliant and the playing staff, management and fans made us feel very very welcome, they should all be very proud of their club..

With all the games they are playing we know that we played against a Guernsey team up against it but I have to say that we travelled back last night disappointed with the result. We went there with the intention of taking the game to them and for long periods of the game we were the team playing the better football, and a draw was the very least we deserved but that wasnt to be. If you dont take your chances (And we had enough of them) you dont get the result....

Both teams played there part it what was a decent advert of CCL football, the comments after the game from fans were encouraging for our lads and I think everyone involved enjoyed the game, many taking the time to come and talk to our players with respect..... even some decent banter during the game.....

We wish Guernsey the best of luck for the continued tough run in....

Sandhurst certainly made a very good game of it, Guernsey were by no means at their best with plenty of team changes as well as tired legs causing a fair bit of sloppy play and Guernsey never really kept possession for long periods. This was in no small part to Sandhurst though who didn't let Guernsey settle, always quick to win the ball back and with some good attacking play of their own.

I noticed nearly all their attacking play was sent down the left hand side where their number 7 was proving their major attacking threat with some nice play at times.

Felt for Sandhurt giving it away at the end after a good performance but delighted for GFC keeping at it and knicking the 3 points. We'd had a fair few chances late on in the second half so it wasn't too surprising that we got the goal but Sandhurst had had a couple of close range efforts well saved/blocked by defenders.

Crowd chant of "how much did your hair cut cost"....the keeper certainly felt it was towards him but I'd have said there were 2 or 3 lads that could have taken the stick for awful haircuts! :lol: