Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek CCL Action 29th Apr - 3rd May

Here's some shots of the Westfield v Eversley game tonight. I enjoyed that one

I want to say too that the Eversley players and staff are a class act and were great in the clubhouse afterwards congratulating Westfield as celebrating with the players and club staff. Fair play indeed.

Great pics as ever Lisa.

I couldnt be there last night but congratulations to John, Paul, Darren and all the players on promotion. I know from helping John out for the last dozen games how hard everyone has worked. We have a squad to hold their own in the Prem and one of the best grounds so hopefully we can consolidate and move on from there. That's for then - as for now let's try and win two tough games and go up as champions.

Westfield 2-1 Eversley

We've done it - lads deserve full credit as we've been in the top 3 most of the season. Tense game last night but we were bright and hungry first half and took a deserved lead through shane cheeseman yet again. Right on half time Eversley went down to 10 men.

Full credit to Eversley 2nd half who regrouped in all fairness were probably the better side. However with Matt Steer and Scott O'Connor once again displaying why they are one of the best defensive partnerships in the division the one goal was enough to spark wild celebrations .

Not meaning to open up old wounds but It's rather fitting that Frimley Green will also be joining us back in the prem.

Sandhurst 5 Farnham 1 shame but this team is getting better by the day 3 goals from Karl what a talent he is and my guess is he can go where he wants to, he has ccored goals at the top level and is still a youngster.

What's the "top level"?

Watched Lammas and spelly go at it last night and I have to say I was impressed with Spelly. Lammas started quick and dominated the first 10 then spelly took the rest of the half dominating Staines. They hit the bar and should of put Lammas out of sight but went in 1 up threw Staples who was class all night. A change in formation at half time for Lammas and the home team came fighting back with a Baker goal. Game on. Staines nicked the game in the last minute when a fantastic reverse pass from Butler found Ben Jacob who calmly slotted to nick the derby clash. I think if both teams can keep their squads And add in areas I see them as a strong threat next season.

I watched a highly entertaining encounter between Epsom and South Park yesterday which finished 1-1.

In terms of possession, we shaded the first half and led after 11 minutes while Park pushed for an equaliser which they got 11 minutes from time.

There was plenty of goalmouth action with both teams contriving to miss really good opportunities or coming up against great saves and goalline clearances. If the League Cup Final is anything like this it should be a great match with two well matched sides.

Have to say i thought Egham were excellent last night in beating us 3-0.

On last night's performance they would have been more than a match for lots of Ryman Clubs.

Ali

It looks like you weren't the only one ;)

You haven't seen the photos that DIDNT go onto the website. Lets just say they were Erm, maximum exposure ;)

Great pics as ever Lisa.

I couldnt be there last night but congratulations to John, Paul, Darren and all the players on promotion. I know from helping John out for the last dozen games how hard everyone has worked. We have a squad to hold their own in the Prem and one of the best grounds so hopefully we can consolidate and move on from there. That's for then - as for now let's try and win two tough games and go up as champions.

Cheers as always Dave. Was a hard match to watch ad take photos when I was clearly rather biased about who I wanted to win!

Westfield are my local team seeing as live 5 mins down the road so they always have a special place in my heart. It was brilliant to see how much it meant to them all last night. Also lovely was seeing all the Frimley chaps being so good about things as well as the Eversley folks. That's jar football is about if you ask me :)

Watched Lammas and spelly go at it last night and I have to say I was impressed with Spelly. Lammas started quick and dominated the first 10 then spelly took the rest of the half dominating Staines. They hit the bar and should of put Lammas out of sight but went in 1 up threw Staples who was class all night. A change in formation at half time for Lammas and the home team came fighting back with a Baker goal. Game on. Staines nicked the game in the last minute when a fantastic reverse pass from Butler found Ben Jacob who calmly slotted to nick the derby clash. I think if both teams can keep their squads And add in areas I see them as a strong threat next season.

What was the system Lammas started with and changed at half time,..... 4-5-1 ......... ;) !

You haven't seen the photos that DIDNT go onto the website. Lets just say they were Erm, maximum exposure ;)

Didn't need to use the flash then!

Dorking 2 Ash utd 2

Hard game evenly fought on a hard & bumpy pitch, but then again whose isn't apart from Windsor.

Started well until the dorking captain hit an unstoppable 35yrd screamer which has to be the best goal against us this season & can only think of a jimmy Norman strike against Epsom any better. The goal seem to effect us but slow got back into the game & equalised just before ht. Dorking keeper then denied jimmy tipping a 25yrd freekick onto the crossbar.

2nd half jimmy had another freekick but this time hitting the post. Then midway into the half Dorking regained the lead with a well taken freekick. Ash pushed hard for the equaliser & were denied a pen ( main reason was the player whose was brought down had upset ref &assistant). Then in the dying mins from a corner the ball was headed home for a vital point