Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Refereeing Promotions

Congratulations to the following Spartan Premier Division referees, who have been promoted to Level 3.

However, that means that next season we won't see them on SSMFL games as they be refereeing Ryman / Southern Leagues games, where they've been 'lining' this season.

Chris Bodell (AFA),

Wayne Cartmel (Beds FA),

Tom Ratheram (Beds FA) and

Stephen Bates (Herts FA).

There may be more, but they didn't jump out' at me from the National List: http://s8.zetaboards.../topic/8413662/

In addition, the following referees, who've been officiating on the Spartan, have been promoted to Level Four. This means they'll be refereeing games in the Spartan Premier Division next season - or equivalent, as it appears that The FA will not be allocating Level Four referees to individual Leagues next year.

Grant Mathias (AFA),

Darren Knox (Beds FA),

Callum Chittenden (Herts FA),

Lee Grimsey (Herts FA),

Andrew Loe (Herts FA),

Joel Mannix (Herts FA),

Michael Ricahrds (Herts FA) and

James Keane (London FA).

There may be others - again here's the National List: http://s8.zetaboards.../topic/8413725/

Apologies to anyone I've missed off either list.............

Edited by Whitley Bay

in my opinion Tom Ratheram is a poor ref

Actually I couldn't disagree more, whenever I've seen him officiate he hasn't put a foot wrong

Karen - Not recently but what has that got to do with Tom Ratherham, he's actually one of the best young Officials I've seen, in the Ben Furneaux mould.

Stephen Bates best ref at SSML level by a country miles!

Stephen Bates best ref at SSML level by a country miles!

Hilarious. I love sarcasm. So who is the best ref by a country mile?

Assessor and Club marks say Stephen Bates.

Assessor and Club marks say Stephen Bates.

Probably explains why he had the middle of the SSML Challenge Trophy on Monday and the middle of the Herts Charity Shield on Wednesday.

Probably explains why he had the middle of the SSML Challenge Trophy on Monday

Thought he was poor in this game. Lost control of a physical game very early and did not stamp his authority on the game at all. Both sides were unhappy with his indecision and at times, pure guess work. No doubt he turned up on time, his kit was well turned out and he got a good score in his assessment. He'll go far!

Thought he was poor in this game. Lost control of a physical game very early and did not stamp his authority on the game at all. Both sides were unhappy with his indecision and at times, pure guess work. No doubt he turned up on time, his kit was well turned out and he got a good score in his assessment. He'll go far!

To the next level like your Club.  :rolleyes:

No sarcasm from here. Just my opinion - at this level he was the best i've seen all season. Infact I couldnt even tell you another officials name they were that unimpressive this year ... Except that lino Walshy? But i only know hes name because he's got alittle pub banter about him not because of he's any good

What level is Ben Furneaux these days, I wonder how long it will be before he's doing Premiership games