Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player of the season 1 per team

I only saw Tardif last season.

Only saw Allen on bench v Epsom league cup.

Embalo 21 league and six cup goals in struggling team.

Hey, I gave it a shot and not too many complaints otherwise?

CC I saw Embalo earlier in the season and was really impressed.

I've only really watched div 1 games this season and all the boys at Westfield have impressed me during my time helping out, but the following players are the ones who I'm a fan of at other clubs - no real surprises;

Lee Staples and Jesse Atiase - Spelthorne

Wayne and Aaron Cathcart and Connor Young - Epsom Athletic

Martin Girling - Frimley

Lee Jansen - AFC Croydon

Terry Fennessey - Sth Kilburn

One player that has impressed on the two occasions I have seen him play is Steven Eyango-Bwanga currenlty with Sandhurst....ran the Guernsey defence ragged in the two games I ve seen him.

....and if I were to nominate one player from GFC it would be Dom Heaume, not one a player that might immediately catch the eye but contributes a lot from midfield and scores goals too, 21 from 48 games. 

They should ask the Managers in our league to put their suggested teams in and the League could collate the figures and announce two divisional CCL Teams of the year at their AGM with all 11 receiving a memento or similar.

#greatidea

They should ask the Managers in our league to put their suggested teams in and the League could collate the figures and announce two divisional CCL Teams of the year at their AGM with all 11 receiving a memento or similar.

#greatidea

They could even go one better.

They could arrange for these 2 teams (Div 1 allstars v Prem allstars) to play each other attended by all the teams in the league with all the money raised going to a chosen charity :)

A rep match might be a bit much to take on, especially after a long season like this one. Also, different managers would choose different formations so it's best to be just a paper exercise.

A bit like the PFA awards where you are voted for by the people who matter, except it is done at the end of the season, unlike the PFA awards!

Apart from the HW home game, when his gravy must have been spiked, Paul Borg is a big reason why we have been in the top four for two seasons. Glad to see Arran Taylor-Ives and Tommy Hedges getting some recognition. What about Jamie Read, making the step up from Div One and scoring 32 (so far)?

Apart from the HW home game, when his gravy must have been spiked, Paul Borg is a big reason why we have been in the top four for two seasons. Glad to see Arran Taylor-Ives and Tommy Hedges getting some recognition. What about Jamie Read, making the step up from Div One and scoring 32 (so far)?

Jim Ward. ... Brendan. . .Luke Craig. ...I could go on...

Jamie Read was a good player at Spelthorne and has done really well at your place TW.

E&E Fred I think yours is a great idea. Frustum yours too is a great idea but unlikely to ever get off the ground I guess.

Any League officials looking in that could make this happen then? Come on CCL don't be shy, there's still time as it would probably take most Managers 5-10 minutes to come up with the best 11 individual players they have faced over the course of the season so it could still be done. If the CCL didn't have time, I'd even be prepared to collate the entries for them.

For it to work all it needs is for a League official, presume Lazarus, to ask all clubs to provide a response from their Managers naming the best 11, not necessarily in any formation, and then if they didn't want to collate the entries they could forward them on and I'd sort them all out.

However, not sure where the charity donation bit comes in. I think that refers to frustin's idea for an actual game, which I don't think would get off the ground, particularly this season. My suggestion was a paper exercise, pure and simple.

What about Jamie Read, making the step up from Div One and scoring 32 (so far)?

Playing CCL Prem football isn't anything new for Jamie, he played 40 odd games for Bedfont Green at that standard before he opted to try elsewhere.  I think we may have signed him from a step 5 club back then too, can't be sure though.  Anyway, he's never not been good enough for step 5 football, it's like saying Johnno at Spelly would do well if he "stepped up" after playing previously at step 5...and 4...and 3...He's done very well this season and fully deserves recognition, just not for that reason, same goes for the other former BG players mentioned who have previously established themselves at step 5 and 4 for Jim.

Duncs thats unlike you to have a pop at Camberley.  

Why the constant issue?  They have still finished higher than Sandhurst, Ash and Hartley in the local area.  Is it because they did not want you?

I have played at several local clubs including Cove, Camberley and obviously Frimley green and would not say a bad word about any of those clubs.  

Grow up and see you tonight.  I may run over and kiss that bald head of yours.