Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

U18s Semi-Final at Cove on Wednesday 7.45 KO

Rother

It would be great if all the regulars at the 1st Team away games could make it for this game to give the lads their support.

It's difficult to be sure because we don't see team sheets but I think the following players who have featured in 1st team games have been in the U18s team recently.

Max Kinsler

Kane Fitzgerald

Mustapha Mohammed

Eddie Lazarczuk

Brandon Blair

Chris Bernard

There could be more for all I know.

Another enjoyable night, albeit without a huge amount of goalmouth action.

1st Half Windsor went 2-0 after 15 mins I guess, and looked a step above Cove. Looked like we were in for a very comfortable win.

But as is often the case the game totally changed after half time. 2nd half Cove came out and just seemed to want it more They battled hard and Windsor were poor, very poor, just stopped playing their football and Cove got one back mid way through the half, then dominated. With about 5 minutes left my son and I were sure that Cove would get a last minute equaliser and bugger me that's exactly what they did with a penalty. Looked to us like our 'keeper was fortunate to stay on the pitch.

Extra time and Windsor did start playing again but neither side could put the ball away, so on to penalties.

Windsor were faultless scoring 4 out of 4 taken and our 'keeper made a couple of good saves so Windsor went through to next week's final.

We'll be there....!

All in all, an excellent season for Windsor FC on so many fronts. I believe I read that one of the U14 teams won a Berks & Bucks Cup. Next season can't come soon enough.

Archived