Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guard of honour

Best team in the League??????        1, Got stuffed 3-1 and outplayed at the Runnymede stadium( I was there) 2. Trophy sitting in our clubhouse,......................Don't think so. Up The  Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

now this is the best post on this thread

i dont agree with the guard of honour but not in a bitter way at the end of the day they didnt win the league but its farnhams perogative, id like them to give me one then i can walk down it in my pants ;)

i to hold my hat off to them theyve given me two great away days feeling like a pro at 35 an ive got three dvds of our games for memories when im old an decrepid i felt like a pro the both times we travelled an although we lost both times to play in front of 2496 the first time an 1100 the second is an immense feeling .

i do feel they wont progress further than ryman but i wish them all the best as a club i personally speak to steve dewsnip an he is a true gentleman so well done

this forum will be boring next season without gurnsey who people going to moan about?

Presumably you weren't around when Guildford City, Chertsey and many others were the talk of the forum. Even Dorking used to be a controversial subject when they were battling the Council.

Egham got lucky? So Egham didn't deserve to win the league then eh Geordie? Normally only one team is promoted from the CCL. Seems Guernsey got lucky. Promoted by default. ;)

Edited by UK Sub

Egham got lucky? So Egham didn't deserve to win the league then eh Geordie? Normally only one team is promoted from the CCL. Seems Guernsey got lucky. Promoted by default. ;)

Hardly by default GFC and many others have worked hard to get it, its not like it's fallen at their feet!! (its about time they had some luck)

When is the open tour bus round Guernsey? Bet it,s called off because of Rain?

Sorry we dont have any open top buses over here, we will just have to make do with our Ferraris, Porsches etc :P

When do guernsey get there runners up medal, no doubt you'll have an open top bus

I suggest you call Steve Bruce and the Hull Supporters Club too and let them know that securing promotion as league runners up, against the odds, isn't worthy of celebration.

Here are two facts:

1 Egham got lucky because of our schedule.

2 bobuk has a train set in his attic.

OK, so I'm guessing on one.

Geordie I think you are missing the main fact which is Egham got more points than us. Therefore they deserve the title, trophy and to be called Champions. No ifs nor buts. That's the way it is and fair play to them. We wanted promotion, racked up a huge points haul to secure it, but someone managed to get 2 more. Something for both clubs to celebrate in my opinion.

I bet the Ryman League can,t wait for you to join them :D If you think we have moaned about you they already have said that they don,t want you in there league but the F.A have ordered them to take you! Good bye Guernsey #Wegotmorepointsthanyou

You are very worthy. RUNNERS UP!!!

Yes 100% are we are very greatful to be runners up

We enjoy hosting the visiting teams and want to show them a good time its only polite surely, as a supporter of GFC I am very grateful that the visting teams come over and play against us. :wub:

Can I ask what bobuk's involvement is in the CCL ?

I bet the Ryman League can,t wait for you to join them :D If you think we have moaned about you they already have said that they don,t want you in there league but the F.A have ordered them to take you! Good bye Guernsey #Wegotmorepointsthanyou

I have to agree on that one, E & H.

I was talking to someone within the Ryman League over the weekend, and they reckon if there's a repeat of the weather situation next season, there'll be hell to play if the fixture list gets back-logged like this season. !!!

I agree with you Gsy_Spurs.

The team that wins the league always deserves it - no exceptions. Congratulations Egham, by all accounts the 3-1 victory against GFC at your place was a very dominant display. I would suggest only Spennymoor in the first leg of the semi final have achieved that against GFC in their entire existence - all 2 seasons of it.

For those of you who want to goad GFC supporters or simply want to see the back of GFC, you'll have to find a new toy soon.

The CCL has been a fantastic place for GFC to start life, full of great people and friends that GFC will no doubt stay in touch with for good. I think the standard is about middling for Step 5 but the friendliness and good spirit as strong as anywhere in NL football.

Yes 100% are we are very greatful to be runners up

We enjoy hosting the visiting teams and want to show them a good time its only polite surely, as a supporter of GFC I am very grateful that the visting teams come over and play against us. :wub:

I think he is the official winder upper!! Loooool

Yes 100% are we are very greatful to be runners up

Think he is from Jersey now that's a proper Channel Island