Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fergie Retires!!!

4-5-1

Without Ferguson I think you may now see a decline in Man Utd's reign! 

Liverpool were dominant in the 80's winning the title 18 times but have not won it since 89/90. 

I think you may now see similar at Man Utd!!

I DO HOPE SO!!!!!!

Without Ferguson I think you may now see a decline in Man Utd's reign! 

Liverpool were dominant in the 80's winning the title 18 times but have not won it since 89/90. 

I think you may now see similar at Man Utd!!

I DO HOPE SO!!!!!!

Job opportunity for you Johnno

Tony Vance.

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

The best football manager in my life time.

I agree, Brian Clough did it all before Sir Alex.

However, Sir Alex will rightly go down in history as one of the finest managers ever.  I would put him in the same category as Clough, Stein, Shankly, Paisley etc. and I think it's odds on that Jose Mourinho will be their new boss.  David Moyes is a great manager, but I am not sure his style would suit Manchester United.  He's done exceptionally well at Everton over the years, and I can see him staying there for next season at least.

Enjoy your retirement, Sir Alex, you've done wonders for Manchester United.  If you ever get the urge to get back in to managing though, there's a club called Arsenal that could do with your services (not ironic either!)

I agree, Brian Clough did it all before Sir Alex.

However, Sir Alex will rightly go down in history as one of the finest managers ever.  I would put him in the same category as Clough, Stein, Shankly, Paisley etc. and I think it's odds on that Jose Mourinho will be their new boss.  David Moyes is a great manager, but I am not sure his style would suit Manchester United.  He's done exceptionally well at Everton over the years, and I can see him staying there for next season at least.

Enjoy your retirement, Sir Alex, you've done wonders for Manchester United.  If you ever get the urge to get back in to managing though, there's a club called Arsenal that could do with your services (not ironic either!)

I would rather watch Wengers sides over Fergusons any time.

For me though the real high acheivers are managers that take a club to the top level from the lower leagues. Jimmy Hill and Dave Basset are two that come to mind, and I'm pretty sure a few others have done it as well.