Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fergie Retires!!!

4-5-1

Interesting.

This is his worst title winning squad and he knows it.

City should of walked this league but he got bailed out by van Persie signing.

He knows they wouldn't win the champions league next season,they are nowhere near good enough,Bayern would slaughter them.

Had he thought he could of won the champions league he would of given it another bash.

His last game will be his 1,500th in charge of Manchester United.

I think that only Dario Gradi comes close in terms of games in charge at a club.

I doubt we will see the likes of Sir Alex again - nowadays, clubs are far too eager to boot out managers if they don't bring instant success.  I think I'm right in saying that for four years under Sir Alex they won nothing (1986-1990) and only a goal by Mark Robins in the League Cup against Nottingham Forest saved his job.

Clubs need time to build, but asking fans and board members to be patient is a hard ask.

Come on EU if you know anything about football your know the bloke is a genius. This year aside he got United to 3 champions league finals in 4 years from 08/12 and the year they didn't make it when Inter won it they were extremely unlucky to lose to Bayern that year because they in control on the tie and heading thought to another final until Rafael got sent off. Must be a Chelski fan!

Edited by 4-5-1

Have they ever conquered Europe like the great Liverpool sides or Ajax of the 70s

Answer no

The beat bayern with 2 goals in a minute after being outplayed for 89 minutes,fair play they won but they have been missing in Europe for too long for him to be classed as one if the best managers in world football.

For the self proclaimed biggest club in the world,that's actually quite poor.

Liverpool and Ajax and forest did what they did on Europe without spending large chunks of money.

Don't get me wrong,he is a great domestic manager,one of the top 5 of all time,but all this hysterical press reporting and programmes being rescheduled because some bloke who is rude, arrogant and a bully is way over the top

His achievements at Aberdeen are probably better than that at united if the truth be told

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Surely it has to be Terry Venables

The likes of Man U and Liverpool are big clubs with loads of resources.

Forest and Derby are medium sized clubs yet Brian Clough won league titles with both and sucessive European cups with Forest.

Clough was better than Fergie in my opinion and should have been England manager.

I doubt if Fergie would have won an argument with Clough either.

I find it highly amusing that SKY completely ignore Fergies great achievements with Aberdeen, as if they never happened as they were not in the SKY Premier League. The arguments involving money spent are really irrelevant in my opinion, it's who you buy and what you can get out of them. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle etc have all had world class players and squads over the last 26 years. I feel that almost winning the League last year was one of his greatest achievements, look at his squad and who he had long term injured, amazing. As a manager myself, I can appreciate all that he does and has done. An incredible Manager.

Until 5 or 6 seasons ago I would of said that wenger was on a par with fergie

Sadly,money talks even more these days and while Wenger simply refuses to put a football club in financial difficulty,the ones that spend millions and millions risking a clubs future,fergie included.walk away with all the plaudits

Last 10 seasons transfer spend:

Chelsea, £673 million — 12 trophies — 3 Premier League titles (2o05, 2006, 2010), 1 Champions League (2012), 4 FA Cups (2007, 2009, 2010, 2012), 2 League Cups (2005, 2007) and 2 Community Shields (2005, 2009).

Manchester City, £572 million — 3 trophies — 1 Premier League title (2012), 1 FA Cup (2011) and 1 Community Shield (2012).

Liverpool, £414 million — 6 trophies — 1 Champions League (2005), 1 UEFA Super Cup (2005), 1 FA Cup (2006), 2 League Cups (2003, 2012) and 1 Community Shield (2006).

Manchester United, £352 million — 16 trophies — 5 Premier League titles (2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011), 1 Champions League (2008), 1 FA Cup (2004), 3 League Cups (2006, 2009, 2010), 5 Community Shields (2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011) and 1 FIFA Club World Cup (2008).

Tottenham Hotspur, £350 million — 1 trophy — 1 League Cup (2008).

Arsenal, £214 million — 4 trophies — 1 Premier League title (2004), 2 FA Cups (2003, 2005) and 1 Community Shield (2004).

Aston Villa, £201 million — 0 trophies

Sunderland, £187 million — 0 trophies

Newcastle United, £174 million — 1 trophy — 1 Intertoto Cup (2006).

The likes of Man U and Liverpool are big clubs with loads of resources.

Forest and Derby are medium sized clubs yet Brian Clough won league titles with both and sucessive European cups with Forest.

Clough was better than Fergie in my opinion and should have been England manager.

I doubt if Fergie would have won an argument with Clough either.

I think that Sir Alex and Brian actually got on pretty well.  They both had a lot in common and had a similar style of management (they made their players mentally tough, and gave them the belief that they could beat anybody).