Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Meeting 8th of May

From reading other posters comments who are in the know the FA held a meeting yesterday to finalize what teams will be in which divisions.

Does anyone know when this information gets released to the public?

I'm particularly interested if certain teams held on the their league division status that should of been relegated.

The Redhill twitter feed says that last season we didn't find out until the 25th May!

Looks like we may have to wait a while just yet!

That  was just the first meeting. There will be several more.

Hmmmmmm !!!!

Tommo this is the FA they will do things in their own time, if it does come out today it will be a lot earlier than last year, and with some of the uncertainty of a few clubs, I would not be surprised if it was delayed...

In terms of Thatcham, some people have you down in Central and some in South West, at the end of the day NOBODY knows as they do not tip clubs off, they make the decisions, and then let people know.. So everyone is guessing...

My personal guess, there is no way Walton and Hersham etc will be transferred over from Ryman with the Theo Paphitis connection, so there should be plenty of space in the Central...

In terms of Casuals, I still think they may go down, and Spennymoor might go up, as the FA stated at the start of season anyone finishing bottom will go down, in which case Sandhurst will go down, however if the FA do backtrack (as they also said only one team up from Spennymoors league) then Sandhurst will more than likely be reprieved... I think it is safe to say Ash will not be going down??

Either way it gives us all something to talk about, and I look forward to any announcement from the FA

The initial meeting was on 8 May I believe, which was effectively a sub-committee of the FA Leagues Committee.  They then make their recommendations to the full Leagues Committee who are meeting today (and maybe well into the evening).  At some stage after that, the information is released, but as Neil says, there were delays last season.

He is also spot on in saying that until that time, everything else is pure speculation and there have been a few surprises in recent years.

As a League we asked at last week's Step 5/6 Focus Group meeting that the two meetings were held closer together but that didn't find any more favour than some of our other ideas have!  We have no representation upon that group as not every league is in attendance.

Once we know who is going and who is coming, we will then formulate next season's proposed constitution, which will be circulated to clubs as swiftly as possible.

Why am I not in the least bit surprised, Alan ??

No relegation from Ryman. Guernsey in Ryman.

"Following the aborted Step 5 Review in 2012 a commitment was made to promote more clubs from Step 5. In order to achieve this it was also agreed that the Step 3 divisions would increase to 24 clubs and that the two Isthmian League Step 4 divisions would do likewise. This has resulted in 17 clubs being promoted from Step 5. Of these 17, Guernsey FC become the first Channel Island club to compete in the upper levels of the league structure following their second successive promotion. They have been allocated to the Isthmian League Division 1 South and it will be interesting to note if the club can continue its meteoric rise. The increase in the numbers promoted is obviously a one-off and in future 14 clubs will be eligible for promotion compared to the previous 12."

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/club-allocations--step-1-to-step-4-14526/

Edited by Chris Clapham

That's a shame I was really wanting Walton Casuals to drop down to the CCL. It does annoy me when teams get a lucky break when they deserve to take the drop.

Then next year someone else will get relegated and come down.

They seem to of had the Dorking get out of jail card, not that Dorking will have one this year :)

Scarborough in the Northern Prem League 1 SOUTH? WTF?! Stratford in the Southern S&W League? Very strange. At least common sense has prevailed with Bishop Stortford.

That's a shame I was really wanting Walton Casuals to drop down to the CCL. It does annoy me when teams get a lucky break when they deserve to take the drop.

Then next year someone else will get relegated and come down.

They seem to of had the Dorking get out of jail card, not that Dorking will have one this year :)

From next season onwards there are three down from both Isthmian Division Ones. That's before reprieves kick in off course so we should, finally, get some movement.

In a way it's better for teams in the west of our area as there will only be two down from the Southern League Division Ones.

Imagine next season if Godalming & Guildford finish bottom two of SL1(SW), Chertsey & Egham bottom two of SL1© and Chipstead, Walton Casuals and Walton & Hersham finish bottom three of IL 1(S). Seven coming down with only one going up. That'll be a laugh!

Godalming and Guildford won't be happy

I don't think Guildford are too happy as they need a new management team and need to build a new side i guess, and therefore that might have been easier in the Central, but we are looking at it from a point of view that the Southern Central will have a number of sides who will be throwing money at it (by all accounts Dunstable, Royston, Rugby Daventry, plus who knows what Slough will do) and in reality although there is more travelling in the south and west, we have in my opinion a better chance of winning it, which will be our aim...

Personally I used to play in that league and really enjoyed it with some nice grounds and nice pitches... Plus it gives is the opportunity for a few nights out in Bristol.....

Roll on next season...

Crazy to put Scarborough in the NPLD1S and Northwich Victoria in the NPLD1N!  Should surely be the other way round?

Stratford in the Southern League D1 SW doesn't surprise me too much, and probably the right decision.