Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Meeting 8th of May

But Scarborough play in Bridlington and Northwich in Flixton, which will have a knock-on in the mileagues The FA use when placing clubs...

Only one reprieve so far, which I think is good going. Having said they would promote 14 and then reprieve, I suggest it is a positive thing that The FA have actually promoted 17 clubs.

I have been involved in this farce since the 90's when the old pyramid steering committee got involved. The whole system is elitist and those in power continue to bale out shit clubs who are and will never go anywhere. The Ryman League kicked out many clubs to the CCL and beyond. NOT WANTED by Turvey etc!

We can be happy that we got 2 clubs promoted but, let's be honest, Guernsey were always wanted higher (AFC Wimbledon) and Egham (not wanted in Isthmian years ago) have been been [****!!****]ed off like other "unlikely lads" football wise!.

I am fed up with the lip service that CCL people keep passing off as acceptable to the rest of this league and I DEMAND a CCL League Chairman (with this league at heart and not connected to a higher club) and committee who has THIS league at heart and that does not kowtow in the shadows of the FA.

I am willing to stand! Anyone else?

Edited by Chris Clapham

I don't think Guildford are too happy as they need a new management team and need to build a new side i guess, and therefore that might have been easier in the Central, but we are looking at it from a point of view that the Southern Central will have a number of sides who will be throwing money at it (by all accounts Dunstable, Royston, Rugby Daventry, plus who knows what Slough will do) and in reality although there is more travelling in the south and west, we have in my opinion a better chance of winning it, which will be our aim...

Personally I used to play in that league and really enjoyed it with some nice grounds and nice pitches... Plus it gives is the opportunity for a few nights out in Bristol.....

Roll on next season...

Fair play I wish you luck

I have been involved in this farce since the 90's when the old pyramid steering committee got involved. The whole system is elitist and those in power continue to bale out shit clubs who are and will never go anywhere. The Ryman League kicked out many clubs to the CCL and beyond. NOT WANTED by Turvey etc!

We can be happy that we got 2 clubs promoted but, let's be honest, Guernsey were always wanted higher (AFC Wimbledon) and Egham (not wanted in Isthmian years ago) have been been [****!!****]ed off like other "unlikely lads" football wise!.

I am fed up with the lip service that CCL people keep passing off as acceptable to the rest of this league and I DEMAND a CCL League Chairman (with this league at heart and not connected to a higher club) and committee who has THIS league at heart and that does not kowtow in the shadows of the FA.

Not sure what the CCL have done to cause such an outburst. The FA make all the decisions now. If leagues don't like it, they can always leave the NLS.

Not sure what the CCL have done to cause such an outburst. The FA make all the decisions now. If leagues don't like it, they can always leave the NLS.

Indeed. Anyone can form a league outside the pyramid if they want. The Southern Amateur League, Amateur Football Combination, Suburban and Arthurian Leagues are outside it. They still ultimately come under FA control but it's down to the leagues how promotion and relegation works. Clubs in those leagues aren't allowed to enter the FA Cup, Trophy or Vase though.

Say it how you think Clapton, the CCL really would be in trouble if you were at the helm.

Your usual load of B0llox, Chubbly-Bubbly.

But then I don't think we would have expected anything else from a persona of your (limited) intelligence !

RIGHT ON CHRIS C !!

Good shout Chris,although it will fall on deaf ears.Over the past 3 seasons,there has been many an example of the League not working on behalf of all Clubs they represent.Guernsey being a prime example,with their 8 out of 10 home games,followed by 9 out of 11 home games to conclude their season.By them allowing GFCTV was a disaster,revenue wise for other CCL Clubs.What really annoys me is that they refuse to move into the 20th Century,regards the Official Website,reporting Results etc.Glad you mentioned the Ryman League, one of the worst Referees I have seen at CCL1 Level,happens to hold a prominent position in that said League.

Absolutely agree Chris, been saying similar ever since my Warlingham days and was once threatened with bringing the game into dispute charges after commenting on the commitee. As a collective they have NEVER looked after the interests of their members and I would readily stand and could do a far better job on behalf of the membership in any capacity compared to the present position holders, ANY POSITION !!!  Count me in the revolution !!!!

It was a bit of a rant I agree but I am not alone around the league in some of my thoughts. I would like more transparency from the FA and the CCL regarding many issues. Not too much to ask given that clubs pay a membership fee?

I don't want to "be in charge" CB. To be honest I don't have the time. But it isn't much to ask of the CCL hierarchy to get the very best for ALL of its member clubs!

Must say I mostly agree, Chris.

Now, I'm just awaiting a comment from a certain over-weight poster !

Over-weight by poster name.  Chubby-Boy.

I'm told he's changing his sign-in to OBESE-BOY next season !!

:bolt:

i agree with Rother, Smudge.

As one of the clubs that denied GFCTV at the time, we felt that there should be a monetary input to watch players that everyone else was paying to watch. However, it was never going to be a financial disaster.

CC that's the first time I've seen you get annoyed about something. Clearly you are more familiar (and frustrated) with these workings than I am and so I am prepared to take on board what you are saying. I can't help thinking that the real problem lies with the FA though, but that won't change in a hurry and a few Step Five clubs or leagues getting annoyed about it won't bother them in the slightest. With all the non-league experts passing their well thought out judgements in recent weeks on the Kempster forum it has been fascinating (for those who like that sort of thing) and the FA could do worse than to bring half a dozen of them all in for advice, but I bet they won't.

As for the comments about Scarborough and Northwich I think they've decided that it's something to do with the Pennines. I certainly wouldn't fancy many midweek trips over the M62 in the winter. It puts our journeys round the M25 into a better perspective. Maybe they'd be better calling the two Northern Premier Divisions East and West, instead of North and South and allocate accordingly, but that's for a different thread.

So another season passes with no relegated club, but get used to the reprieves as they're here to stay. Three may technically go down in future but that is conditional on all 14 leagues providing a club, and two of those didn't this season. Throw in the voluntary resignations too and you'll find that we'll rarely see more than one from each Ryman division dropping. However, it's a start and fair play to the FA for reconsidering their position on the restructure last season. On that point they do deserve some credit.

Finally, Guildford City. Why would they need a new management team because of the journey? Surely they were aiming for Southern Premier which would have brought many of these sort of journeys anyway?

Edited by E&E Fred

No relegated club, E&E Fred ?

I'm pretty sure DFC have drawn the short straw this season !

No relegated club, E&E Fred ?

I'm pretty sure DFC have drawn the short straw this season !

I think every club that finishes in a relegation position should go down.

We had to last season.

We have rebuilt our team and are fortunate to bounce straight back but we would have worked hard every season to get back if it hadn't of happened for us so quickly.

What's the point in having relegation if teams like Walton finish bottom and are saved.

Come on Rymans league pull your finger out I would have rather have seen the next best step 5 team replace them.

Keep things fresh.