Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Meeting 8th of May

Sorry Big jr I meant in the Ryman League.

However, see my other post on the ideas for the league thread (that probably should have gone here :wacko: ) as I think Dorking have a case.

I think every club that finishes in a relegation position should go down.

We had to last season.

We have rebuilt our team and are fortunate to bounce straight back but we would have worked hard every season to get back if it hadn't of happened for us so quickly.

What's the point in having relegation if teams like Walton finish bottom and are saved.

Come on Rymans league pull your finger out I would have rather have seen the next best step 5 team replace them.

Keep things fresh.

One thing people have to remember is that the Ryman League were the only ones to adopt the new 24 team Div 1's which is probably why teams were reprieved,

One thing people have to remember is that the Ryman League were the only ones to adopt the new 24 team Div 1's which is probably why teams were reprieved,

I still think they would have been better to take the next best step 5 team up rather than the get out of jail cards.

I still think they would have been better to take the next best step 5 team up rather than the get out of jail cards.

There were no other Step 5 clubs in the Ryman catchment area that either wanted promotion,or were able to be promoted (i.e top 3 finish or correct ground grading). Under such circumstances Step 4 reprieval is a fairer option than promoting a 4th or 5th placed Step 5 team.

Drew the short straw...you having laugh? You finished bottom of the league so out of anyone you fully deserve to be relegated. I also think you'll struggle in Div 1 next season and you'll still have one of the worst grounds in the whole CCL.

Sorry Big jr I meant in the Ryman League.

However, see my other post on the ideas for the league thread (that probably should have gone here :wacko: ) as I think Dorking have a case.

I don't think Dorking have a case. They have been lucky over the last so many years when they have finished in a relegation position but not gone down.

We finished bottom and down we went so it should be the same for them or anyone else who finishes in that position.

By going down it gives you a chance to take stock of things then put a programme in to rebuild.

Yes, morally you may be correct frustin.

However, this season there is a restructure rescheduled and the aim of the FA was to have 14 twenty team leagues. If you leave some teams out but leave spaces elsewhere then you can get accused of favouritism, as is happening now with Walton & Hersham remaining in the Ryman League because their sponsor is part owner of the club.

Yes of course Dorking expect to go down, but it's not as if they were awful, scoring nearly a point a game and they were not cut adrift, like say, a Woodford United  in Step Four. If they go, then fair enough, but previous form doesn't enter into it. The FA need to detach themselves from who deserves what and try to stick to the guidelines they set, as best as they can.

Like many of us I don't understand why they couldn't promote a Spennymoor and drop a Walton Casuals, but that was the criteria they set, advising that the expansion would be in the South East. Also, I was right in suggesting that there would be a lot of extra spaces this year with all the eligible leagues promoting two clubs where they passed the criteria. Walton Casuals should be very grateful to Wisbech Town for stepping out of the process a week or two back.

But to leave a club like Dorking in Step Six when there are spaces in Step Five leagues not that far away looks plain wrong, and I think we'll see them survive for that reason. #nonleaguenostrodamus!

Drew the short straw...you having laugh? You finished bottom of the league so out of anyone you fully deserve to be relegated. I also think you'll struggle in Div 1 next season and you'll still have one of the worst grounds in the whole CCL.

Not laughing at all, Chubbers. We fully accept whatever will happen.

The good news is, I hear, the Gaffer and his team, AND the majority of the squad we finished up with at the end of the season are staying, so, something to build on.

Edited by Big J R

the hellenic,united counties and north west leagues have been told of there new leagues but not ccl,i wonder why not us?i think our league has more possible movements but its unfair clubs need to know because we have to plan for the future

the hellenic,united counties and north west leagues have been told of there new leagues but not ccl,i wonder why not us?i think our league has more possible movements but its unfair clubs need to know because we have to plan for the future

The Kent Leagues has also published a statement - it looks like Croydon are staying in the CCL for this season at least.

Reliable source

Very reliable now it seems!!!! :D Looks like 2 to be relegated to Division 1(Sandhurst and Dorking)  if we run a 22 team Premier.

Warlingham have resigned from the CCL. :(

Pauls, I think that the FA/CCL may have ideas/movements to consider but in reality its simple as follows

CCL Prem have gained 3 - promoted Frimley, Mole Valley and Westfield

CCL Prem to lose 3 - Egham, Guernsey promoted and bottom team Dorking relegated to CCL Div 1

This leaves CCL Prem still with 22 teams

This leaves CCL Div 1 2 short reducing to 17 teams giving CB Hounslow a reprieve, but if the CCL want an even number they have 2 choices, relegate CB Hounslow to make it a 16 team league or find another club from elsewhere to make it an 18 team league once again, so maybe thats what we are all waiting for this decision to be made ?

T

as per Lazarus' post on the other thread, the FA have moved Alton Town to the CCL prem so it looks like Sandhurst are down as well.  Lazarus has also confirmed there are no other movements so CB Hounslow will not be leaving the CCL.

Edited by Terrence Collina

as per Lazarus' post on the other thread, the FA have moved Alton Town to the CCL prem so it looks like Sandhurst are down as well.  Lazarus has also confirmed there are no other movements so CB Hounslow will not be leaving the CCL.

Div 1 is 16 if CB are not demoted and I hope they are not.

2013/14 (POSSIBLE)

Premier (22): Alton Town, Ash United, Badshot Lea, Bedfont Sports, Camberley Town, Chessington & Hook, Colliers Wood United, Cove, Croydon, Epsom & Ewell, Farnham Town, Frimley Green, Hanworth Villa, Hartley Wintney, Horley Town, Mole Valley SCR, Molesey, Raynes Park Vale, South Park, Wembley, Westfield, Windsor

Division One (16): AFC Croydon Athletic, Banstead Athletic, Bedfont & Feltham, CB Hounslow**, Cobham, Dorking, Epsom Athletic, Eversley & California, Farleigh Rovers*, Knaphill, Sandhurst Town, Sheerwater*, South Kilburn*, Spelthorne Sports*, Staines Lammas, Worcester Park*

** = ground share at Bedfont & Feltham

* = no floodlights (yet)

Good news about Alton personally as it will be nice to visit a new ground!

However, if I were Sandhurst I would definitely be appealing. There is a spare Step Five slot in Kent and there may be others, so for Sandhurst and maybe Dorking to go down when the FA could simply move Croydon to the Kent League and have an extra space in CCL for Sandhurst seems really poor.

Are Sussex relegating any teams, do we know? If not, then that also seems unfair on CCL who lose two from what is arguably a stronger league right now.

All this effort to get Kent League up to twenty, yet they stop at 19. Doesn't make sense at all. If they had twenty I could understand the relegations.