Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ideas for the League

If the League need help in certain areas (as most voluntary organisations do), perhaps an area on their website saying where they need help would be a good idea?

Part of the problem may be that they don't realise they need help in some areas.

Everyone said the colour TV was great and couldn't be improved. Then someone invented the remote control!

Hopefully the League will be looking at threads like this, as the heading is a bit of giveaway and this may encourage them to take on some of the suggestions.

I guess one issue with all the ideas of extra online presence for the league whether that be in the form of a website, twitter, facebook, whatever is, would it get used? Obviously we here all use the internet to one degree or another (I am rarely off it!) but what about all the league and club officials, managers, players, fans who DON'T? 

I'm guessing league rules would have to change to make clubs do anything online that they don't already. For example, getting them to tweet results rather than texting/emailing/phoning them. To me, it would be the way forward but I can imagine a lot of people rolling their eyes.

I think that is for the league to decide ultimately.

At least the suggestions are being placed here and they may not have been considered before.

Make no mistake, these things will almost certainly be mandatory in a few years so it might be worth taking the lead.

Website is the worst at Step 5 level,FACT.It seems to me that things do not change year to year,and never will.We definitely need a new Refs Secretary,one who gets out and about to watch the people he appoints.We have some very good Officials,but unfortunately many are past their sell by date,things have to change and quick.

Did hear that Pitchero might be doing the official sites of Step 5 clubs next season...

I would suggest dropping Neil Morrell a line. His remit is Press, so you could argue that this comes into that area. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help and wasn't on the CCL Committee two years back. His email is on the bulletins.

A few suggestions:

But please lets acknowledge that this season must be worse on record for postponements. Personally I think it was a freak season weatherwise, but will be interesting to see what next season's weather brings us.

1. For Lazarus to introduce midweek games earlier in the season, even in August, to assist in any fixture baglog that may materialise later in the season.

2. For Lazarus to make midweek games more localised, and for Saturdays to be the longer distance games, 'cos in general, players have more time on Saturdays and won't be home late which midweek games they are !.  There are many surprising results are during midweek games for obvious reasons, when many players who are desperate to play cannot due to work coimmittments etc so weakened teams are fielded..... hence the result.. I do realise its the same for all clubs, but to me it makes logical sense to have each clubs best available team out there playing every game, and by having more localised midweek ''derbies'' this can be achieved, 'cos Bank holiday games are generally localised. 

3. As 4.5.1 suggests to have play-offs, we have all experienced recently the exciting,,emotional coaster rides playoffs bring, 

Before you get at my throat, it is not possible cos only 1 team are promoted, but maybe a ''playoff cup''  queue Nice Guy :D  !

I do however appreciate this seasons weather and postponements couldn't allow this due to the backlog of games, also this seasons CCL Prem run in, like last season,.has been more close and exciting especially when 2 clubs could be promoted, in comparison to the previous boring seasons when the champions are ''elect'' come end of January and February.  Then in those scenarios it would be good to sprice up the league with play-off cup or something similar.  

Have NO reprieves, you come in botton 3 you are relegated, provided the clubs in CCL Div. 1 have the ground grading.  This will stop the league becoming stale and for up and coming clubs who have worked so hard for porgression to get their rewards.     . 

A few suggestions:

But please lets acknowledge that this season must be worse on record for postponements. Personally I think it was a freak season weatherwise, but will be interesting to see what next season's weather brings us.

1. For Lazarus to introduce midweek games earlier in the season, even in August, to assist in any fixture baglog that may materialise later in the season.

2. For Lazarus to make midweek games more localised, and for Saturdays to be the longer distance games, 'cos in general, players have more time on Saturdays and won't be home late which midweek games they are !.  There are many surprising results are during midweek games for obvious reasons, when many players who are desperate to play cannot due to work coimmittments etc so weakened teams are fielded..... hence the result.. I do realise its the same for all clubs, but to me it makes logical sense to have each clubs best available team out there playing every game, and by having more localised midweek ''derbies'' this can be achieved, 'cos Bank holiday games are generally localised. 

3. As 4.5.1 suggests to have play-offs, we have all experienced recently the exciting,,emotional coaster rides playoffs bring, 

Before you get at my throat, it is not possible cos only 1 team are promoted, but maybe a ''playoff cup''  queue Nice Guy :D  !

I do however appreciate this seasons weather and postponements couldn't allow this due to the backlog of games, also this seasons CCL Prem run in, like last season,.has been more close and exciting especially when 2 clubs could be promoted, in comparison to the previous boring seasons when the champions are ''elect'' come end of January and February.  Then in those scenarios it would be good to sprice up the league with play-off cup or something similar.  

Have NO reprieves, you come in botton 3 you are relegated, provided the clubs in CCL Div. 1 have the ground grading.  This will stop the league becoming stale and for up and coming clubs who have worked so hard for porgression to get their rewards.     . 

Blimey ! A post from BG that I actually agree with !!

I've thought that for a while Smudge, but I suppose it all depends on what the FA do with Kent. If they let them run with less as they let the Northern League run with more, then we won't all move, but if they insist on 20 then I agree none will go down from CCL, Sussex or Kent as there will be too many places to fill. 

As regan says above, the only time a CCL1 club has been denied promotion in recent memory and probably longer is when their ground fails.

As for playoff cups, I still don't agree because of the extra fixtures for a non-important, and maybe only occasional running competition. Play offs would be nice but just aren't mathematically possible.

I am not sure how we could schedule more midweek fixtures.  The way most senior leagues do their Premier Division fixtures (us included) is by filling in the Bank Holidays first, then all available Saturdays and the rest are scheduled for the earlier months of the season.  We could only have more midweek fixtures if we left a number of Saturdays blank either at the end of the season or during it. I wouldn't have thought that would be over popular?

As to the movement of clubs I don't know any more than anyone else, suffice to say that both ourselves and the Wessex League were contacted by the FA to ascertain our views on Fleet Spurs' application to come across to the CCL.  I haven't been asked about any other club moving (in or out) so I would be surprised if there were any other sideways movements but it's all guesswork and unsubstantiated rumour until we find out the decisions made at the relevant FA meeting this coming Friday.

I am not sure how we could schedule more midweek fixtures.  The way most senior leagues do their Premier Division fixtures (us included) is by filling in the Bank Holidays first, then all available Saturdays and the rest are scheduled for the earlier months of the season.  We could only have more midweek fixtures if we left a number of Saturdays blank either at the end of the season or during it. I wouldn't have thought that would be over popular?

I agree - every side needs to have a game every Saturday if possible so there are only a few midweek fixtures that can be put in at the beginning of the season.

The fixture thing is often mentioned whenever there are bad seasons weather-wise and I'm not having a go at anyone for bringing the subject up but most people don't appreciate what goes into it.

Look at this season - started August 4th, there was a full round of games midweek after that in the Premier Division then the FA Cup started. In my view there's no point scheduling midweek games after the first few rounds of the Cup due to the possibility of replays. The Vase starts in September so you have the same problem again. You need to fit in the League Cup at some point, most of which will be midweeks and then the county cups kick in, also midweek. There are at least five county FAs CCL teams are involved in who all have different weeks for their games. This may come across as arse-licking but Lazarus does a fantastic job getting a whole season's fixture list done in such a short time. I think the FA try to insist leagues in the pyramid do the entire fixture list at the start rather than doing a bit at a time. I may be wrong. This is one of the problems with the new system - the FA run everything and leagues have to accept their rules if they want to be part of the National League System so there's very little they can do independently.

I've always said the same about Tony in the Suburban League as well. I'll admit we've moaned about the odd fixture in that but I really wouldn't want that fixture job with all those different leagues and competitions to deal with.

Edited by VPCTFC

I certainly agree with the suggestion that midweek games should be more localised. Games over Bank Holidays and festive periods should also be more local in order to attract bigger crowds. From a Windsor perspective, a midweek game against say Croydon (hasn't happened yet) or Wembley (has happened) is farcical. Throw in the nightmare that is the M25 and anything could happen. It's not just players that are inconvenienced at times but supporters as well.

Is there anything that the League could do with pitch inspections? That is a really grey area and I can recall officials inspecting a pitch for an evening game between 3 and 4pm. At that time, the pitch was possibly playable but the forecast was set for sub zero temperatures. The game itself, due to kick off at 7:45pm was actually called off at 7:50pm. It was clear to those in the ground that no way would the pitch have been playable at 9pm as early as 6pm.

The CCL Website really could do with a serious revamp as it is very out of date. I have discussed this on a fair few occasions with Mal316 and even after he offered to help, nothing has changed.

What could be appreciated would be if the CCL Management Committee visited each club at least one for a fixture throughout the season. They could meet the players, officials and supporters from both clubs. Nothing like a good bit of visibility and PR.

Otherwise, I really enjoy the CCL. There are so many good people involved with clubs throughout the league and it is always a pleasure to catch up with them. The CCL Committee do an excellent job and should be applauded for their efforts. We would soon notice and complain if they stopped doing what they do.