Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash United appoint new First Team Manager

Don't want to fall out wiv you Gaz as you are a really nice bloke who has always worked hard for the club but it wasn't done fairly,what about all the other step 6/7/8 managers who were told by your committee the role was for step 5 and better and for that reason they didn't apply,sorry mate but thats not right.

Ok Duncs....i have to agree on that bit as my own personal thought that shouldn't have been in the advert as there is plenty off good young & ambitious managers in leagues below & need a chance as well as some very good managers at step 5 & above.

with all the rest that's being said isn't putting the club in good light as most is just on hearsay.....& you know how that goes, everything gets made worse than it really should be

I thought the same Hartley. I even thought Sandhurst would be safe, let alone Ash, so this is news to me. I'm sure Ash will be CCL Prem next season with so many vacancies ans expansions around.

As for advertising for Step Five or better experience, all clubs at our level should say that as standard. Imagine the outcry if the club said that anyone could apply. It just cuts out time wasters.

Our Manager came from Reserve team football, but our club felt he was the outstanding candidate for the job for a number of reasons, which is why he got the position. We didn't operate with a rod behind our backs and say, "sorry Lyndon, you look like you'll be a good manager but you didn't tick one of our boxes". That would have been stupid. Ash have come to their decision after considering all interviewees, and whilst I can't speak for what they did with regard to contacing unsuccessful candidates, that doesn't always happen in the real world either, so it is a red herring and distracts from the real story, which is that Ash have given a newer manager a chance.

The CCL is changing. Far more teams play football here that is pleasing on the eye nowadays. A few years back it was a bit more direct and agricultural. However, that style doesn't have as much success these days.

The big question for me that is equally important to the new guy's chances of success are whether Ash are having a reserve side next year with Badshot Lea confirmed as tenants.

3 teams in top 3 od Div1 have ground grading to go up, so looks like they are down.

whispers are that Ash may get a reprieve as Walton Casuals of Ryman 1 may also get a reprieve. Only whispers though!!!!!

So Div 1 is going to be smaller then if 3 go up, are there any clubs from step 7 that have applied.

From all accounts Ash will get a reprieve, Sandhurst will move across to the Hellenic and Dorking down to CCL Div 1.

Sandhurst moving was a rumour started by one of our own. Could happen I guess but then so could just about anything!

So Div 1 is going to be smaller then if 3 go up, are there any clubs from step 7 that have applied.

Old Farnboro and Fleet Spurs are both rumours. To be honest I'd relegate all three of the Prem teams as CCL1 needs bolstering and the Premier only needs 20 clubs in it. So if Walton Casuals don't come down (boo hiss) then the league would still have 20.

I heard there was no more Old Farnboronians next season as they can't afford to play at Cody Sports.

Ok Duncs....i have to agree on that bit as my own personal thought that shouldn't have been in the advert as there is plenty off good young & ambitious managers in leagues below & need a chance as well as some very good managers at step 5 & above.

with all the rest that's being said isn't putting the club in good light as most is just on hearsay.....& you know how that goes, everything gets made worse than it really should be

Talking of hearsay mate who are the committee members at Aah who said i have no contacts I don't know these people i wouldn't recognise them if they waked past me in the street,I said i smelt a rat and these people are listening to bar talk and the people who have put the club where it is today,its the old build it up and knock it down syndrom.

I've played under Reedy for 2 years, and he's a great bloke with scope and hunger for this league that he's wanted to be in for years. Wish him all the best and I have no doubt he'll be able to get players in who have played at CCL Prem level and higher. 

From all accounts Ash will get a reprieve, Sandhurst will move across to the Hellenic and Dorking down to CCL Div 1.

So from the other thread regarding what to improve the league, I said that the bottom 3 should be relegated and re-placed by the CCL 1 teams providing they have ground grading, now I'm hearing that Sandhurst and Ash could possibly get reprieves ! It makes a mockery of the league to be honest, whats the point of having the relegation zone of 3 clubs ?  

I said before but someone said there will not be any reprieves ?  So savior for Ash and Sandhurst.  Gone are Egham, Guernsey and Dorking - arriving are Frimley, Westfield and Mole Valley thats how it looks.

Corinthian Casuals, Leatherhead and Walton & Hersham going to EVO STIK Southern League.  If Walton Casuals get a reprieve at Step 4 level they will also go to the Southern League with Corinthian Casuals staying in the Rymans South.

Please hurry constitutions, all these rumours doing my head in, but good for forum conversation ;) !