Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey

marksandwell

Having said that, just read elsewhere on here that Guernsey will play midweek home games and that Saturday home fixtures will need to ko early as day trips, rather than overnight stays will be the order of the day. Surely clubs could choose to stay over night at their expense rather than Guernseys? Not 100% about any of this, rumours at the moment.

Guernsey FC fan here, if I can answer or help in any way about Guernsey do please let me know.

So the reason for raising this thread in the first place was just throwing a question out there, could Margate be playing  GUERNSEY next year if they get promoted and Margate stays in the same league?

Having said that, just read elsewhere on here that Guernsey will play midweek home games and that Saturday home fixtures will need to ko early as day trips, rather than overnight stays will be the order of the day. Surely clubs could choose to stay over night at their expense rather than Guernseys? Not 100% about any of this, rumours at the moment.

The GFC Chairman has said that some home midweek matches would have to happen as the Ryman South now has 24 teams in it. It has also been said that where ever possible early kick off times would be arranged so that teams going to the UK or from the UK can do it all in a day. I would also imagine that clubs closest to Gatwick would be more likely to play midweek in Guernsey so save those from further away from too much trouble, that's just my guesswork though.

Having lived in the Baliwick for 6 years until 2008 I have a sentimental reason for hoping they do well,however, they will find a level and it may be that it has now been reached, only Island based players are selected so they cannot attract better players on promotion, no doubt they have the infrastructure and the sponsership is amazing from local companies, good luck to them, I hope we get them in the League cup, would be a nice away trip !!   

Don't hold your breath Guernsey Tom, the club is yet to decide if its going to enter the League Cup...

Do Clubs get a choice whether they enter the Ryman League Cup,is there any precedent for this.Likewise with early K.O.'s is there a precedent for this on a regular basis.Do not both Teams have to agree? Guernseys mainland support has sunk at away games from their 1st Season in the CCL,mainly due in my opinion to the introduction of GFCTV.Will the Ryman Clubs bend over backwards for live streaming to continue?

Average Gate last season an amazing 1055. the next nearest team got an average of 159, all the rest were in just double figures below the 90 mark most circa 40/50. Suppose on the Island its treated as quite an event, but just goes to show what Football can do for a community.