Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

Glad they have gone!!!!!!

Guys go and watch some cricket. This off season chat gets soooo boring!!

Don't mention cricket, Hartley !

You'll be told in no uncertain terms that this is THE CCL FORUM !

I shall miss this forum. I will still read it, of course, but I shall miss the witlessness of a good deal of what is posted, the use of "of" instead of "have", the illiterate ranting, the news, the score updates, the fishing and the bites. I shall also be hoping that we do better than our one season in the Southern League - P42 W6 D4 L32 F25 A97 Pts 22. I shall be hoping for our first home Trophy tie, and our first Trophy win and a good, solid season. At least no side can be worse than Woodford, unless they ship a lot more goals.

Edited by tempestward

I shall miss this forum. I will still read it, of course, but I shall miss the witlessness of a good deal of what is posted, the use of "of" instead of "have", the illiterate ranting, the news, the score updates, the fishing and the bites. I shall also be hoping that we do better than our one season in the Southern League - P42 W6 D4 L32 F25 A97 Pts 22. I shall be hoping for our first home Trophy tie, and our first Trophy win and a good, solid season. At least no side can be worse than Woodford, unless they ship a lot more goals.

Always enjoy my visits to Egham Town FC good club and i hope they stay up next season.

Haven't been on here for ages! Very entertaining!

Egham cheated? Haha. Nah. Just jealousy oozing from one Guernsey fan coz they got no league silverware to shine over the summer.

Its Eghams first silverware in the 20 year's I've been a fan. Its a lovely trophy! !! Silvo at the ready...

Happy Summer everyone!

Name calling,I JUST LOVE IT.Still I take offence when a Hornchurch Fan lectures me about my attitude towards Guernsey.Not 1 offensive remark has ever been posted by me on here,just facts.

First to inform Forumites that they were joining the League,  First to say they would walk straight through the CCL.  First to inform about the downgrading of the Hotel facilities for travelling Clubs,which was rectified.First to inform about GFCTV,and the affect it would have on mainland crowds,which proved correct.If they had spoken badly of your Club,you would blame me,would you?The CCL is an excellent League,from League Committee Members,Club Chairman/Committee Members,Supporters,Refs,Players,many I have met and spoken too,including Guernsey,a nicer bunch of people you would never meet.I think I have boosted this Forum in visits,else why would I BE TALKING TO YOU.As i rarely post on the Hornchurch Forum.CAB FOR EASTSIDE.

Smudge, Guernsey would walk straight thru' the CCL ?  

Whilst I certainly have no gripes about Guernsey getting promoted and offer them my best wishes, don't you think that it was rather fortuitous that for last season only 2 CCL teams/clubs could possibly be promoted for the first time since I can remember when.

So under NORMAL circumstances Guernsey wouldn't have walked straight thru' the CCL when only 1 team/club would get promoted, and would still be plying their trade in the CCL next season ! 

So lucky or coincidence that 2 places were up for promotion last season .. ;)

Think only ONE team/club, the Champions, will get promoted next season, but to where  .... :o !!

It will be interesting seeing them in the ryman! and cant wait to play them (again!?) depending on our luck and the FA ;)

Still have the same main sponsor, sportingbet.com

We got short changed then,still with the increased gate FEES Guernsey will make up the extra cost.Wonder if they have negotiated about Gfctv.

How were we short-changed?

What increased gate fees?

What extra cost will Guernsey make up?

Wouldn't say we were short changed - rather that the Ryman League negotiated better.

CCL teams only had 22 players / officials paid for by GFC - Ryman have negotiated 30

Step 4 teams are able to charge more gate fees than Step 5

The cost of the extra flights / hotel rooms (however unlike CCL not all Ryman Clubs will have the option of hotel accommodation)

Edited by Green_Fingers

Now I understand, thanks.

All seems perfectly fair enough and logical.

Odd that Smudge made it sound like Guernsey were somehow at fault. (Maybe I just inferred that because it's what I've come to expect.)

30 people for each game!

Clearly a clever bit of negoitiation on the Ryman League's part, and the statement also made another point which may have been missed.

Effectively it was saying that Guernsey would only come up if these special terms could be negotiated. Many of us were under the impression that the FA could insist that Guernsey are allocated to wherever they wanted to place them regardless of conditions, and it now appears that this wasn't actually the case.

I must admit to being intrigued as to how far Guernsey will go this season. Assuming the team remains similar then you can't rule them out of reaching the playoffs if they can tighten their defence a little.

We got short changed then,still with the increased gate FEES Guernsey will make up the extra cost.Wonder if they have negotiated about Gfctv.

Why were we short changed ?  Some clubs in the CCL didnt even use all the tickets that were allocated.

Some people have to have something to complain about. Without some sort of whinge or moan their lives appear less fulfilled than others. I wonder what would happen if some of the contributors chose to post something genuinely positive rather than finding fault. I am sorry not to have had an opportunity to see Guernsey in action.

Jeepers, I go away for a week and some on here are still bitching. Move on guys, we have.

But you‘re still here! (Although I basically agree)

Edited by HKP

Well I haven't been on here for ages.

But I have to say well done to Guernsey.

Great club, great hospitality. Great footballing team.

They will do fine in the Ryman. Best of luck. And I certainly didn't think there pitch was anywhere near the worst pitch I played on last season.

Worst pitch I came across this season funnily enough belonged to the worst "footballing" side in both divisions.. South Kilburn

So who is Smudge going to dig his claws into next season now that Guernsey have gone? Who is going to attract his wrath and angst? Perhaps a SmudgeWatch is required and that a table can be kept to see who he picks on next whether it is club, match or league / FA official or body.

So who is Smudge going to dig his claws into next season now that Guernsey have gone? Who is going to attract his wrath and angst? Perhaps a SmudgeWatch is required and that a table can be kept to see who he picks on next whether it is club, match or league / FA official or body.

That sort of  question could be tempting fate, DBM  !!

:ph34r: